General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimmer's Shoulder Concern Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-08-15 7:34 PM

User image

Eynon, PA
Subject: Swimmer's Shoulder Concern
My first tri is five days away. About two months ago, I stopped swimming due to shoulder pain. I believe the injury occurred as a result of a few things; 1) from no swimming, to lots of swimming in a short period of time, 2) somewhat poor swimming form and 3) cessation of weightlifting. Prior to the injury, I was able to easily complete the required half mile distance. At rest, the pain is now non-existent. i still feel some pain when maneuvering my arm in a particular position. I previously decided that I would not do any swim training, and make-up the difference by loading up more on the run and bike. I feel confident that I'll still be able to complete the swim on race day. I feel strong and prepared. My question is, am I being over-confident in my belief that I'll still be able to finish the swim? And, has anyone had a similar experience? Thank you.

2006-08-15 8:12 PM
in reply to: #512759

Veteran
Lutz, Florida
Subject: RE: Swimmer's Shoulder Concern

Do you get the pain when you do other strokes?  I would probably log some water time with the breast stroke just to make sure you were still used to the limited oxygen intake that you will get during the swim.

My two cents

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimmer's Shoulder Concern Rss Feed