General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone regret buying a TT/tri bike? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-08-18 8:37 AM
in reply to: mike761

User image

Veteran
Dayton
Subject: RE: Anyone regret buying a TT/tri bike?

I have a road bike with aerobars, and it has been fitted to an aero position.  Just about all my riding is triathlon focused.  I might do one or two centuries a year in the fall.  My road bike is my first bike, a 2012 Fuji Roubaix 3.0.

I think at some point I'd like to get a tri bike.  Is it necessary?  Ultimately, it's not necessary to complete the race, or even to get in an aero position.  It will help one get a better aero position and ride faster.  A nicer road bike with aero bars is always a possibility.

My dilemma is a moral one.  I was talking to a missionary friend of mine about my bike, and she was floored I would spend as much as I did, let's say altogether about $1k.  She said it could fund their operations for a month.  Real life has more priorities than going a minute or two faster in a race.  We all have to make our own choices.

2014-08-18 11:34 AM
in reply to: mike761

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC
Subject: RE: Anyone regret buying a TT/tri bike?

I don't have a TT bike, but I do love all 7 of my bikes and I use them all regularly. I would not hesitate to get another bike.  In fact, I'm thinking of getting a new mountain bike and a new cross bike this year, but I'm going to have to sell my current mountain bike and winter road bike. So much for n+1+1.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone regret buying a TT/tri bike? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Anyone ever regret buying a triathlon bike? Pages: 1 2

Started by KebaNYC
Views: 5020 Posts: 32

2012-09-26 12:33 PM Artemis

Looking into buying my first TT bike (advice needed)

Started by danny_boy
Views: 1719 Posts: 24

2010-03-11 10:22 AM bryancd

Has Anyone Regretted Getting a BT Membership? Pages: 1 2

Started by TRI G33K
Views: 5836 Posts: 45

2010-04-19 1:08 PM DanielG

Anyone regret spending TOO much on your bike?

Started by agarose2000
Views: 2684 Posts: 22

2008-11-05 10:46 AM vonschnapps

Tri bike vs. TT bike

Started by omaha8
Views: 2023 Posts: 4

2008-07-14 3:13 PM Daremo
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : April 12, 2011
comments : 0
How should I be shifting gears on the front chainring and the rear cogs to cope with hills?
date : December 12, 2009
We are often asked the question, "What size frame should I buy" and the answer is “it depends”. I know that’s not the answer you want to hear, but hopefully the following will shed some more light.

date : December 27, 2008
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.
date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.

date : August 13, 2008
author : say78
In February, I was given a very special gift: a gift certificate to buy a nice road bike. That's when I realized there was no turning back. I WAS doing this.
date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.

date : September 10, 2004
author : steve
comments : 1
Well I said that I was not going to do it this season, but I cracked. I broke down and bought a new bike. I went out and bought a shiny new Cannondale road bike.