General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hamstring Strain Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-21 1:34 PM

User image

Veteran
Boise, ID
Subject: Hamstring Strain
So with this hamstring strain I am running slower, no speed work, seeing my massage therapist, stretching, and using my foam roller. I also ice it 2-3x/day when I have time. I know it's important to warm it up real well when starting my run. Does it make sense to put a warm pack on it for a while before my run?

2014-08-24 8:58 AM
in reply to: mtnbkr

User image

Brooklyn, New York
Subject: RE: Hamstring Strain
May want to consider accupuncture for accelerated healing. Most of what you mentioned is not doing any direct stimulation of the particular hamstring muscle that's strained. ROM therapy exercises in conjunction with accupuncture have healed many many a bad muscle strain for me. Two of which were high grade tears. Swear by the accu if you find a good therapist
GL
2014-09-23 5:51 AM
in reply to: mtnbkr

Subject: RE: Hamstring Strain
If you want to increase the strength of the hamstrings and lower back muscles and tendons Gelutis you exercise this exercise featured..you can follow our tips..for more related tips download our program.
RELATED POSTS

Hamstring Strain

Started by calbbc
Views: 869 Posts: 2

2007-09-12 12:03 PM TriAya

Hamstring strain recovery problems

Started by rodrik
Views: 620 Posts: 1

2007-08-01 7:59 AM rodrik

Lateral Ligament Strain or ITBS

Started by Konabound
Views: 4110 Posts: 9

2005-10-11 6:08 PM Konabound

Moderate back strain, how fast to exercise

Started by BigDave
Views: 1129 Posts: 6

2005-06-17 8:23 AM BigDave

Strained tendon in foot

Started by GatorGirl22
Views: 2609 Posts: 7

2005-05-26 2:30 PM dhyte
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 24, 2014
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
I am constantly tinkering with my bike setup but in the morning, my fingertips can just barely touch my kneecaps upon bending forward. Should I stretch my hamstrings?

date : July 23, 2012
comments : 3
Does wearing minimalist shoes put more stress on the ankles, shins and knee joints with the loss of padding from conventional running shoes?
date : July 18, 2012
comments : 0
Deep in the right hip joint, there's dull pain. It only hurts when I stretch or try to cross my right leg. Sometimes on long runs, it will begin to throb. What can I do to rid the pain in the hip?

date : January 17, 2012
Pain in the hamstring region can be very frustrating and challenging for triathletes - healing may take several weeks and there are many factors that may complicate the eventual outcome.
date : April 14, 2010
I have been having a right hamstring issue over the last four weeks or so. I'm pretty sure I just pulled it pretty good but would like some advice. How long does it take for it to completely heal?

date : May 25, 2009
I strained my left hamstring over two years ago and thought I had gotten past it. Yesterday, it hampered me quite a bit and it felt like it was on the edge of giving out again.
date : April 11, 2007
This is a “hip-butt” injury, which describes the location of the insertion of the hamstring tendon at the base of the pelvis on the ischial tuberosity very well. They are difficult to treat.

date : October 1, 2006
This injury commonly occurs during what is called the recovery phase and/or the take-off phase of running. Hamstring strains range from mild, grade I, to a more severe, grade III.