General Discussion Triathlon Talk » STL Triathlon Teams Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-27 3:43 PM

User image

Subject: STL Triathlon Teams
Hey Everyone,

Anyone from the ST Louis area on a Tri Team? If so any details behind the team would be great. I'm looking to find a good group to train with and motivate me to take on additional races.

Thanks!
Nina

2014-08-27 4:19 PM
in reply to: Nvmiller

User image

Expert
Missouri
Subject: RE: STL Triathlon Teams

The 2 that I am familiar with are the St Louis Triathlon Club and SwimBikeRun tri club.  I'm not a member of either but have seen them at a lot of local races.

Janet

2014-08-29 11:05 AM

User image

Veteran
Janet has the right of it, those are the two bigger ones. I know I've seen kits of a few others (Team Godzilla, for instance) but I haven't figured out or asked where they are out of - maybe the Metro East?

If you are looking for training partners, then obviously the group that is closer to where you live is going to be more convenient. Much of the STL Tri Club's training takes place either around the Forest Park area or sometimes into Creve Coeur (they have some group rides/runs/etc at the lake and have an open swim every Sunday at a pool off of Olive). If you are more in the West County area then you'll probably have better luck with the SwimBikeRun folks.

STL Tri Club has their monthly meetings on the third Wednesday of each month (I know because I am a member of that team) and that those meetings are open to all prospective members as well.
2014-08-30 6:22 PM

Saint Louis Tri Club member as well! Great group of people and very welcoming! All levels of experience are in the club. Meeting are open to everyone.
2014-10-16 3:00 PM
in reply to: CycloneVM

User image

That was very helpful. I know Team Godzilla is our of Edwardsville which is close to where I live but I work in St Louis as well. I saw that Big Shark has a tri team as well. Overall, I would like to avoid a team that trains out in Chesterfield but maybe I should just stick to the IL team.

Thanks!
2014-10-16 7:01 PM

User image

Master
St. Louis
Runwell, the running store in downtown Edwardsville has group runs and The Cyclery has group rides. Team Godzilla is cheap to join and members get 20% off at The Cyclery. I started buying all my running shoes there because of the discount. Team Godzilla has regular training scheduled plus they put in special events like an upcoming OWS clinic.

http://www.teamgodzilla.org

2014-10-19 9:58 AM

New user

Missouri
If you are just looking for groups to train with, check meetup.com. SBR has the The Missouri Triathlon Meetup Group (http://www.meetup.com/The-Missouri-Triathlon-Meetup-Group/). St Louis Bicycling (http://www.meetup.com/stlcycling/) and STL Runners (http://www.meetup.com/STLRunners/) are the biggest groups in the area. There are quite a few groups the area run by local shops, Team Peloton Cyclery (St. Charles), Revolution Cycles (Washington), etc.

Darren
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » STL Triathlon Teams Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Any Thanksgiving days runs in STL?

Started by fairview1100
Views: 1449 Posts: 5

2008-10-02 5:03 PM toddg

Hilly Bike Routes in/near STL?

Started by ranger5oh
Views: 1837 Posts: 10

2008-10-10 1:38 PM xcrunner2010

Swimming in North County(STL)

Started by lfrick
Views: 1236 Posts: 3

2007-08-01 10:37 AM lfrick

Great Places to Bike in STL

Started by soozey
Views: 1268 Posts: 3

2006-04-04 11:51 AM slovegreen

Great Places to Run in STL

Started by soozey
Views: 1493 Posts: 2

2006-01-31 9:07 AM slovegreen
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 2, 2011
author : Comet
comments : 0
Beginner Triathlete is proud to announce and feature Team Red, White and Blue as our official charity!

date : November 9, 2010
author : lithelola
comments : 5
A bumbling non-athlete makes her determined way to the Nation's Triathlon finish line!
date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.

date : January 24, 2005
author : Team BT
Shanna Armstrong’s Journal Entry January 21, 2005 - The Race Across America
date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.

date : January 10, 2005
author : JeremyLikness
It's great to have goals, but by itself, a goal is not much. Have you ever shared with someone else that you would “try” to accomplish a goal?
date : September 5, 2004
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.

date : September 5, 2004
comments : 1
I cried the morning of the race when the "Star Spangled Banner" played, but I wasn't alone. IRONMAN is electric!!