General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Seacoast Pools Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-09-11 11:45 AM

User image

Hampton, New Hampshire
Subject: Seacoast Pools
Hello all, just relocated to Hampton after a bit of a hiatus from the area. Is the Portsmouth Y still really the only go for lap swimming in the winter in the seacoast? I can't think of anywhere else. Thanks

2014-10-28 10:55 AM
in reply to: mcmahonadu

User image

Pro
Seacoast, NH!
Subject: RE: Seacoast Pools
The Portsmouth Indoor Pool is also available. (sorry for the late reply).
If you live in Hampton, the Dover Indoor Pool is a bit of a drive, but also available.
2015-03-18 10:01 AM
in reply to: #5049090

User image

There is a new private swim facility opening in Exeter next year that is taking memberships now. 8 25 yard outdoor lanes, bubbled in the winter.
www.exetersrc.com Until then, the Portsmouth Indoor Pool, the Portsmouth Y, and the Portsmouth facility of Seacoast Sports Club (the old Golds Gym).
Some people go to the Latitudes in Amesbury, and I believe there are a few options north of Portsmouth in the Dover area (Works, UNH, etc.)
2015-05-21 12:46 PM
in reply to: mcmahonadu

User image

New user

Wilmington. North Carolina
Hi,

I am in the Somersworth, NH area and I use the Works pools. http://www.theworkshealthclub.com/
This is a good club with lots of options and amenities.

Wes
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Seacoast Pools Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Free Pool Passes- Dover

Started by chandy14ski
Views: 1453 Posts: 2

2010-04-13 7:28 AM chandy14ski

Help the Portsmouth Indoor Pool Stay Open!

Started by kziemer
Views: 1904 Posts: 1

2010-02-18 12:37 PM kziemer

Southern Maine/Seacoast NH Open Water

Started by jgerbodegrant
Views: 2102 Posts: 5

2009-07-13 2:42 PM jgerbodegrant

Seacoast Open Water Swim Locations?

Started by KevinNH
Views: 1292 Posts: 3

2008-02-22 6:11 PM lobstergirl

Looking for a Tri Trainer NH seacoast.

Started by bagpiper
Views: 1062 Posts: 1

2007-12-04 5:11 PM bagpiper
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : November 9, 2006
author : McFuzz
comments : 1
How to join lap swimmers without making a splash. A primer on the social graces applied to swimming laps.
date : June 6, 2006
author : marmadaddy
comments : 0
The DVD assumes little-to-no experience with competitive swimming and starts off in the pool citing the need to build confidence in a controlled environment.

date : June 5, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 8
When I swim I struggle to get a full breath and consequently run down faster. I spend part of my training on the side of the pool gasping for air.
date : March 5, 2006
author : Tri Swim Coach
Most of us belong to groups and there will always be pressure to keep up. It may be underlying or it may be outright, but no doubt, that pressure to go faster is always there.

date : September 3, 2005
author : joeinco
comments : 6
As a triathlete, there is one acronym that you just can’t fathom ever having next to your name in a race report – DNF: DID NOT FINISH.
date : June 14, 2005
author : marmadaddy
comments : 17
Once you caught your breath, it occurred to you that finishing even a short triathlon might be harder than you thought. After a few "laps" you thought, "I can't believe I'm so out of shape."

date : September 4, 2004
author : priscilla
Good swimming is relaxed swimming. Relaxed swimming depends on practicing the best techniques and the best body position.