General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sesamoid injury help! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-09-17 10:02 AM

User image

, Illinois
Subject: Sesamoid injury help!
Hello everyone!

I have always been a goal focused workout junkie. I need to workout/train with a purpose in mind. I have done many 5K races, competed the Susan G. G. Koman 60 mile walk three times, the AVON 39 mile walk, and two years ago did my first Mini Tri. This summer I completed three Sprint distance triathlons...and well....I'm pretty much addicted!!

My last race was a Mini about three weeks ago. Took a week off then hit the gym again. Unfortunately, a nagging pain in my foot that I took care of with ice and aspirin took a turn for the worse. I went to the podiatrist and was diagnosed with this:

"X-rays taken confirm she has a fractured tibial sesamoid that corresponds exactly to clinical abnormalities. Otherwise, her joint spaces are well aligned."

Been in a removable boot for a few weeks. Took another two weeks off with basically NO exercise. My doctor told me cycling, swimming, elliptical were ok to do but I am really nervous about aggravating my injury.

Has anyone out there delt with this type of injury??

Curious on what you did to stay in shape and the length of recovery for this injury.

Thanks for your help!
Julie
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sesamoid injury help! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

bipartate sesamoid issue

Started by Caincando1
Views: 1104 Posts: 2

2007-11-16 1:40 PM MrsUSMC

need help! groin injury from running

Started by brmorris
Views: 933 Posts: 1

2007-07-30 12:33 PM brmorris

Sesamoid Fracture

Started by ovspmike
Views: 910 Posts: 4

2006-05-17 7:19 AM ovspmike

injuries - blister (please help)

Started by cotignola
Views: 1259 Posts: 6

2004-09-15 10:52 AM autumn
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 25, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
This article covers a variety of injuries that can lead to knee pain.

date : January 22, 2013
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
What can I eat to heal quickly? How can I avoid getting fat while I'm unable to exercise? Should I be taking supplements? This article will address those concerns, plus more.
date : January 9, 2010
author : Dr. Mark Klion
Dr. Mark Klion, NYC Triathlon co-medical director, gives an in-depth discussion on overuse injuries from triathlon training and what do for prevention and healing.

date : February 11, 2009
author : AMSSM
I have a pain on the far left side of my left foot, all the way to the left and a little in front of the heel. It hurts after I run for 45 minutes or so. It hurts pretty badly for the next 48 hours.
date : March 7, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on hand entry, common triathlete training mistakes, the best swim drills, useful swim tools and flip turn help.

date : June 5, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 8
When I swim I struggle to get a full breath and consequently run down faster. I spend part of my training on the side of the pool gasping for air.
date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
I’ve signed up to do the St. Anthony’s Olympic Triathlon in April. I will be 49 in May and need some advice on a good training program to fit into my full time work schedule.

date : September 10, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
Your help is needed to keep BT the best of the best.