BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 52

2014-12-24 10:36 PM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)

Originally posted by QueenZipp

This Manatee needs a great big hug.

Last night we noticed Copy cat was not walking right and she was pretty lethargic.  My vet couldn't see her today because they were full. We took her to the emergency vet--who was very kind and compassionate.....to learn she has lymphoma.  We decided on supportive care for her thinking we had maybe 3 months at best.  She died about an hour after we got home.  We are all wrecks.

Oh, St. Jude.

2014-12-25 7:43 AM
in reply to: #5063700

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered)
Judi, I am sorry you are going through this now. We are keeping you in our thoughts.
2014-12-25 10:23 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by cdban66Judi, I am sorry you are going through this now. We are keeping you in our thoughts.
Very sorry about this too.
2014-12-25 10:40 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Last night we noticed Copy cat was not walking right and she was pretty lethargic.  My vet couldn't see her today because they were full. We took her to the emergency vet--who was very kind and compassionate.....to learn she has lymphoma.  We decided on supportive care for her thinking we had maybe 3 months at best.  She died about an hour after we got home.  We are all wrecks.

{{hugs}}

2014-12-25 10:43 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by jmkizer

Mary, I saw that you are still having some challenges relating to your knee.  When did you start wearing the Hokas?  When did the knee problems start?  Have you tried running in your previous shoes?  

(I'll post this on Strava as well.  I'm having a hard time following the group when it's in this archived mode.  Hoping the new group starts soon.)

I started wearing them in mid-August and the knee problems started in mid-late Nov.  My old shoes are pretty worn but I guess it's worth trying switching back to them for a few weeks. 

I noticed tonight when I was warming up for my strength workout (yes, thank you, I actually did it!!) that running in place didn't hurt.  Granted I was barefoot on carpet and was actually running around the living room playing with the dog, but whatever.  It's throbbing a little now but there was no 5/10 pain like there was yesterday within less than 5 min. on the road.

I'm sorry that it's still aggravated. I do think that trying the other shoes for even a week or two is worth a shot.

Congrats on the strength workout1

2014-12-25 4:59 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANYNE!
I hope you had a great day, sorry I'm late.

2014-12-25 6:26 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by StaceyK HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANYNE! I hope you had a great day, sorry I'm late.

Right on time here in North America :-)  Thanks for the kind wishes!

2014-12-25 10:58 PM

User image

Master

Originally posted by StaceyK HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANYNE! I hope you had a great day, sorry I'm late.

Right on time here in North America :-)  Thanks for the kind wishes!

Woot! Woot! Hope you had a specially special day :D
2014-12-26 1:22 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Melon Presser

This wouldn't be late if I were in Hawaii ... where I'd like to be (why not?)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NYNY !!!!!

2014-12-26 8:50 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

So sorry, Judi.  {{{many hugs}}}

2014-12-26 11:12 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Seattle

Judi, that is terrible. I am so sorry.

2014-12-26 11:14 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Seattle

Janyne, HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

2014-12-26 12:51 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Mary, I saw that you are still having some challenges relating to your knee.  When did you start wearing the Hokas?  When did the knee problems start?  Have you tried running in your previous shoes?  

(I'll post this on Strava as well.  I'm having a hard time following the group when it's in this archived mode.  Hoping the new group starts soon.)

I started wearing them in mid-August and the knee problems started in mid-late Nov.  My old shoes are pretty worn but I guess it's worth trying switching back to them for a few weeks. 

I noticed tonight when I was warming up for my strength workout (yes, thank you, I actually did it!!) that running in place didn't hurt.  Granted I was barefoot on carpet and was actually running around the living room playing with the dog, but whatever.  It's throbbing a little now but there was no 5/10 pain like there was yesterday within less than 5 min. on the road.

I'm sorry that it's still aggravated. I do think that trying the other shoes for even a week or two is worth a shot.

Just got back from the doctor, who referred me to PT like I wanted.  I've been thinking about what changed around the time my knee started acting up.  It seems to correlate with changing my running in mid-November based on the video analysis I did with my coach.  I had been overstriding with my R leg (probably couldn't with my left because of flexor weakness).  I shortened my stride and increased cadence.  I know that's supposed to be good but I wonder if the complete switch might have caused ITB issues, which I'm already prone to because of my hip surgeries.  I'll see what they say at PT and I've asked my coach her opinion and whether she thinks it's worth it to do another analysis.  In the meantime, I'm going to try aqua-jogging and see how that goes. 

2014-12-26 2:28 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Just got back from the doctor, who referred me to PT like I wanted.  I've been thinking about what changed around the time my knee started acting up.  It seems to correlate with changing my running in mid-November based on the video analysis I did with my coach.  I had been overstriding with my R leg (probably couldn't with my left because of flexor weakness).  I shortened my stride and increased cadence.  I know that's supposed to be good but I wonder if the complete switch might have caused ITB issues, which I'm already prone to because of my hip surgeries.  I'll see what they say at PT and I've asked my coach her opinion and whether she thinks it's worth it to do another analysis.  In the meantime, I'm going to try aqua-jogging and see how that goes. 

Good thinking!  Hopefully you can get to the bottom of this quickly!

2014-12-26 2:31 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!

Good luck to any and all Manatees participating in New Year's Day runs!

Disable Manatees, get better! 

Tom - right knee
Ann Marie - shoulder
Yanti - recovering from IM
Jonathan TX - hamstring issues
Darren - heart
May - hip/knee

Continued good thoughts for Melanie and her dad.

2014-12-26 3:59 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Racing Manatees!

Good luck to any and all Manatees participating in New Year's Day runs!

Disable Manatees, get better! 

Tom - right knee
Ann Marie - shoulder
Yanti - recovering from IM
Jonathan TX - hamstring issues
Darren - heart
May - hip/knee

Continued good thoughts for Melanie and her dad.

Hugs and healing wishes for all those DL-ers.  Let's resolve to shorten the list!

Dad update:  he's decided to wait to start chemo until he gets his port 'installed', which is next Friday, which is also more of a big deal than they initially made it sound like it would be.  They are expecting him to be at the hospital for 4-6 hours. 

2014-12-28 3:49 PM

User image

Melon Presser

Just checking in, Manatees. Finally home at the Funny Farm in Bali.

Heartsick and sick to my stomach and every kind of sick over the missing Air Asia 8501 flight. I have a close friend (since childhood) with family members on board. Many folks here are not getting a lot of sleep tonight. Indonesia's director of search and rescue is also a family friend.

Everyone here knows someone who knows someone. It's terrible.

Indonesians especially when in large groups are very bubbly, cheerful and noisy. I flew between two major airports here today (Jakarta to Bali) and despite both being packed to the gills with holidaygoers there was eerie quiet. Eyes and ears glued to TVs, radios, and phones for any word.

It doesn't matter, really, the countries. 162 people, people loved by someone, probably many ones, are missing. There just aren't any words, countries, or calculations for that.

2014-12-28 4:34 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Heartsick and sick to my stomach and every kind of sick over the missing Air Asia 8501 flight. I have a close friend (since childhood) with family members on board. Many folks here are not getting a lot of sleep tonight. Indonesia's director of search and rescue is also a family friend.

Indonesians especially when in large groups are very bubbly, cheerful and noisy. I flew between two major airports here today (Jakarta to Bali) and despite both being packed to the gills with holidaygoers there was eerie quiet. Eyes and ears glued to TVs, radios, and phones for any word.

It doesn't matter, really, the countries. 162 people, people loved by someone, probably many ones, are missing. There just aren't any words, countries, or calculations for that.

{{hugs}} I thought of you when I saw this on the news.

2014-12-28 10:59 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Truly awful, and again in your part of the world.  Keeping you and your friends in my thoughts.  (((Hugs)))  I'm glad you're safely back at the Funny Farm.

2014-12-29 6:51 AM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Truly awful, and again in your part of the world.  Keeping you and your friends in my thoughts.  (((Hugs)))  I'm glad you're safely back at the Funny Farm.

Hoping they find some clues.  Cannot imagine how devastating this is to people.

2014-12-29 8:57 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
wow what a rollercoaster of emotional events this past week for the Manatees and the world.

I hope this week is nice and quiet and everyone has some time to heal and gear up for 2015!

Having said that my IM training starts today and I feel like crap. I should have stayed in bed - next Monday sounds much better.

Hope everyone has a good week.

2014-12-29 9:14 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
sale alert:

Women's Hoka Conquest - rei outlet

http://www.rei.com/outlet/deal-of-the-day

$67.73 with free shipping. Lots of sizes right now too.
2014-12-29 9:35 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Pennsylvania

I'm so sorry for your friends and countryfolk.  It's terrible that yet another jet tragedy has occured in the same general.  Praying for the best.

2014-12-29 11:01 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Manatees, we are LIVE on the new mentor group thread. Time for our year-end migration

2014-12-29 11:39 AM

User image

Denver, CO

So we have 2 Manatee threads going on.  Any possibility we could all switch over to the new one?  There are a couple new people there (Matt Steiner and Amy Mutz) and it would be nice to include them in the conversation.  Here's the link.  (I know.  Bossy, bossy! )

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors v.2 thr.3 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes considered) Rss Feed  

of 52

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 63224 Posts: 2563

2014-10-29 8:19 AM IndoIronYanti

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42560 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72922 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50612 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25809 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.