General Discussion Race Reports! » Inv prov. en eau libre riviere st-Maurice Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Inv prov. en eau libre riviere st-Maurice - SwimOther

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Shawinigan Sud, Quebec
Canada
Total Time = 2h 03m 19s
Overall Rank = 16/17
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 2/2
Swim
  • 2h 03m 19s
  • 5000 meters
  • 02m 28s / 100 meters
Comments:

First competition. Did not complete a 5k before and went uncertain of the pace to do to complete the race. Went way under my capacities :(

I was also the oldest competitor to complete the event. 75% (12) of competitors were below 20 Year old.

Very nice competition nonetheless. I couldn't believe the level of applause I got when I finished. I smiled for a whole month remembering the level of encouragement I received and pride I had at completing the event.
What would you do differently?:

complete the distance a few time before the competition to have an idea of the pace I can maintain. Push harder.
Post race
Event comments:

Loved it. Competitor in those events are very young, expect to finish last if you are past your twenties and don't compete in swimming. Everybody was cheerful which adds a lot of value to the event. Organization was great. One of the organizer told me they would ask people to get out of the water 30 minutes after the winner. They did not for which I am grateful. Added a bit of stress however.

Last updated: 2014-11-11 12:00 AM
Swimming
02:03:19 | 5000 meters | 02m 28s / 100meters
Age Group: 2/2
Overall: 17/17
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: First competition. Did not complete a 5k before and went uncertain of the pace to do to complete the race. Went way under my capacities :( I was also the oldest competitor to complete the event. 75% (12) of competitors were below 20 Year old. Very nice competition nonetheless. I couldn't believe the level of applause I got when I finished. I smiled for a whole month remembering the level of encouragement I received and pride I had at completing the event.
Start type: Wade Plus: Shot
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Bad
Waves: Good Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2014-11-11 5:06 PM

Subject: Inv prov. en eau libre riviere st-Maurice
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Inv prov. en eau libre riviere st-Maurice Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Eau Gallie Triathlon

Started by naiad
Views: 744 Posts: 1

2011-05-17 10:56 PM naiad

Eau Gallie Triathlon

Started by davetib
Views: 945 Posts: 1

2011-05-17 6:48 PM davetib

Eau Gallie Triathlon

Started by GulfCoastSwimmer
Views: 954 Posts: 1

2011-05-15 9:55 AM GulfCoastSwimmer

Eau Claire Marathon

Started by otto15
Views: 1195 Posts: 1

2010-05-02 5:02 PM otto15

Jeugdcup Triatlon L'eau d'heure

Started by Kevin Rutten
Views: 1488 Posts: 1

2007-06-04 1:57 AM Kevin Rutten
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?

date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
I’ve signed up to do the St. Anthony’s Olympic Triathlon in April. I will be 49 in May and need some advice on a good training program to fit into my full time work schedule.