General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Northern Virginia Triathlon Club Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-12-03 11:23 AM

Subject: Northern Virginia Triathlon Club
Today, I registered a USAT triathlon team for the Alexandria VA area. While I know there are many clubs in this general area, this club is for folks located in Alexandria, Springfield, and Arlington that would like to train with partners, feel the camaraderie of working out with a team and plain just like to participate in multi-sport. I wanted to see what kind of interest there might be. I have a few ideas about possible coaches, sponsors, masters swimming groups etc… but those things would be down the line as the membership (hopefully grows).

I am looking to create the group to schedule some group training, group discounts, and other group social events.

If you have any specific questions my email is [email protected].

But please reply here if you're interested or shoot me an email.

Thanks!!

Edited by polynice 2014-12-03 11:38 AM

2014-12-07 9:57 PM
in reply to: polynice

Subject: RE: Northern Virginia Triathlon Club
HI! I'm in Springfield and new to the sport. I'd be very interested in a club that was located in my area. I'm actually right now trying to decide between signing up with Team Z or the DC Tri Club's NTP but if we had something around here that would be great.
2015-01-13 12:00 AM
in reply to: #5071727

Any chance of expanding the geography to Falls Church/Fairfax?
2015-01-13 5:06 AM
in reply to: #5082853

User image

Expert
Falls Church
You might want to check out Team Tri360. The team is based in Falls Church and sponsored by the Tri360 shop. They are holding interest sessions this weekend and next week I think. I am a member. Lots of good support, group training sessions, etc.

http://www.tri360.com/about/team-tri360-pg188.htm
2017-04-04 1:59 PM
in reply to: Stacelac

, Maryland
If you are a woman, just stay away from 3 Degrees Tri Club in PWC. The "founder" is a lecherous old man who uses the club to cheat on his wife. Within a few days of meeting him he was trying to Facebook friend me and send me "secret" messages. I didn't even know you could send secret messages on Facebook!!!
2017-04-04 1:59 PM
in reply to: Stacelac

, Maryland
If you are a woman, just stay away from 3 Degrees Tri Club in PWC. The "founder" is a lecherous old man who uses the club to cheat on his wife. Within a few days of meeting him he was trying to Facebook friend me and send me "secret" messages. I didn't even know you could send secret messages on Facebook!!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Northern Virginia Triathlon Club Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Moving to Northern Virginia

Started by TRI-dawg
Views: 2667 Posts: 21

2010-03-08 8:59 AM TRI-dawg

Northern Virginia Triathlon Team

Started by TheyCallMeTiny
Views: 6571 Posts: 13

2014-10-28 10:26 PM Rivery45

Running coaches in Northern Virginia

Started by shelly123
Views: 2541 Posts: 3

2008-01-25 5:24 PM 3558

northern virginia tri store recommendations? Pages: 1 2

Started by timInVirginia
Views: 3570 Posts: 33

2008-03-16 3:44 PM vabeachnut1

Northern Virginia Triathletes - '06 tris

Started by ejc999
Views: 2272 Posts: 8

2005-12-13 7:09 PM ejc999
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 22, 2012
author : MultisportWorld
comments : 0
A panel of four triathlon coaches answers questions from the beginner to the Iron distance triathlete.

date : September 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
The pros and cons of training with a group or training partner
date : August 14, 2009
author : Oakley
In this Oakley Armchair Session, British triathlete Tim Don talks about the importance of triathlon clubs for your training.

date : December 17, 2007
author : Diane1961
comments : 2
The Monday after the race, I go to my health club for my first Pilates class in six years. I look like the fittest person here. Fortunately, I don’t mention to anyone that I’m a triathlete.
date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.

date : January 1, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
Inclusion is the key, with elements of the ride fulfilling the training and social needs of 95% of the membership. We have found that course selection, leadership have been the keys.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.