General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Another Wahoo kickr question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-12-04 2:53 PM

User image

Subject: Another Wahoo kickr question
Please excuse my density but here is my question.

How does the kickr unit communicate with the wahoo fitness app?

The reason for my question is that I currently use my trainer in the garage which is the weakest point of wifi in my house so I'm trying to figure out whether that will be an issue.

2014-12-04 3:12 PM
in reply to: miamiamy

User image

Subject: RE: Another Wahoo kickr question

The kickr doesn't need wifi to operate on it's own with the app.  It can communicate via ANT+ or Bluetooth to read in data from any of your devices and communicate between the app and the unit itself.  Now if you wanted to incorporate some type of online software into your training, then you would likely need a stable wifi connection.

2014-12-05 2:09 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Pro
Canandaigua NY

Originally I used my Iphone paired with the kickr using blue tooth.  I used the wahoo fitness app and kept it pretty simple without any pre programed workouts.  Recently I upgraded my main computer so I moved the old one to the fitness room and have paired it with Trainer Road using Ant+.  So far I have only ridden a couple of short recovery rides with this, but I am looking forward to trying some of the canned workouts plus loading in the ones my coach sends me. 

I am also hoping that at some point I can find courses with video that match some of the IM courses, similar to computrainer.

2014-12-05 2:44 PM
in reply to: #5072140

User image

Thanks for the answers guys that's helpful. I think that for courses there is an app from wahoo that let's you ride strava segments. For that wahoo said you need a steady connection.

It is one of the frustrations of modern times that I have this silly wifi dead spot in my garage.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Another Wahoo kickr question Rss Feed