General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I'm back.... :D Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-12-10 9:29 AM

User image

Veteran
Lincoln, Nebraska
Subject: I'm back.... :D
I was hanging around this place a lot back in 2009-2011. Turns out life gets in the way pretty hard sometimes. I was married back then, but worked 4days/wk and no kids. I had all kinds of time to train, and did so. Now, I'm a stay at home dad, and it feels like I never have 5min to myself. I have done very little exercising in the last few years, so I started a couch to 5k, and have plans to UNDO what I have done. This year, I am going to do whatever 5k's are around, as well as a few sprint tri's. My cousin is really into biking, so he'll probably talk me into some crazy bike event. He's thinking Dirty Kanza, I'm thinking no thanks! Adventure racing has been on my list of want to do's for years, and I wouldn't say no to that.

The two tri's I'm wanting to do for 2015:

State Games of America (Cornhusker State Games) Triathlon - Sunday August 2nd
http://sga2015.com/triathlon

Omaha Triathlon - Sunday July 26th
http://www.raceomaha.com/omaha_triathlon.html

Always looking for people to keep me motivated, but I see the Nebraska forum on BT is pretty much dead. Thought I would post, and see if any others are out there. Anyone from a few years back still checking in here? Still doing tri's?

Edited by fifthcircle 2014-12-10 9:29 AM

2014-12-19 3:25 PM
in reply to: fifthcircle

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: I'm back.... :D

Originally posted by fifthcircle I was hanging around this place a lot back in 2009-2011. Turns out life gets in the way pretty hard sometimes. I was married back then, but worked 4days/wk and no kids. I had all kinds of time to train, and did so. Now, I'm a stay at home dad, and it feels like I never have 5min to myself. I have done very little exercising in the last few years, so I started a couch to 5k, and have plans to UNDO what I have done. This year, I am going to do whatever 5k's are around, as well as a few sprint tri's. My cousin is really into biking, so he'll probably talk me into some crazy bike event. He's thinking Dirty Kanza, I'm thinking no thanks! Adventure racing has been on my list of want to do's for years, and I wouldn't say no to that. The two tri's I'm wanting to do for 2015: State Games of America (Cornhusker State Games) Triathlon - Sunday August 2nd http://sga2015.com/triathlonOmaha Triathlon - Sunday July 26th http://www.raceomaha.com/omaha_triathlon.htmlAlways looking for people to keep me motivated, but I see the Nebraska forum on BT is pretty much dead. Thought I would post, and see if any others are out there. Anyone from a few years back still checking in here? Still doing tri's?

I'm still checking in on occasion.  For local groups facebook seems to be the best option to stay in the loop.  I'm not sure what groups there are for Lincoln, but the Omaha Endurance Group and Team Nebraska Triathlon are both pretty active.

Good luck on your races this year.  I'm still not sure what I'm planning yet, but I am pretty sure I'll do the Toughman 70.3 in Chisago, MN with a bunch of Omaha folks.

2015-01-11 9:58 PM
in reply to: #5073584

Tony. Are you still at 186 and Harrison? I'm at 178 and Harrison. I'm signed up for IMWI as my first this Sept. Would love to meet up for a run/ride sometime.
2015-01-12 8:13 AM
in reply to: purpletoe

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by purpletoe Tony. Are you still at 186 and Harrison? I'm at 178 and Harrison. I'm signed up for IMWI as my first this Sept. Would love to meet up for a run/ride sometime.

Yep, there's quite a few of us Triathletes in the hood.  

What gym do you go to?  Most of us are at Lifetime

2015-01-12 2:09 PM
in reply to: #5082368

User image

Veteran
Lincoln, Nebraska
I miss Lifetime!

2015-01-20 1:11 PM
in reply to: fifthcircle

User image

Veteran
Omaha, NE
I'm still hanging out in Bellevue, haven't been on BT in forever.

I miss Saturday's at Lake Manawa, ever since that ceased I'm out of shape.

I get what you are saying though, I'm not a stay at home dad, but my wife works a lot of weekends, and with 3 kids all 5 and under there seem to never be a free minute.

2015-01-27 10:24 AM
in reply to: cstoulil

User image

Veteran
Lincoln, Nebraska
I never did get over to Manawa for the group stuff that was going on. I'm hoping that there is a good group this summer that will want to OWS at Branched Oak on the weekends. Gotta go early though, so I don't get ran over by the idiots in their ski boats and jet skis... That lake get's a little stupid.

Speaking of Lake Manawa, is there still a Black Squirrel Tri? I had fun at that one.
2016-11-03 9:01 AM
in reply to: #5082657

User image

I'm not living in Nebraska but from there. I've been wanting to do a Nebraska race but there isn't that many compared to where I live. I'm hoping the USAT AG Oly will help bring interest to the sport locally.

I've been coming back for the Lincoln Half Marathon every year for the past few years but I haven't run it completely healthy yet.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I'm back.... :D Rss Feed  
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 22, 2014
author : sahm3k
comments : 4
As I entered the transition area, I got body marked. It was, for me, pretty intense. It made it so real...I was doing this! A triathlon!

date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?
date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
After surgery for a herniated disc, is running causing a repeat injury?

date : January 28, 2010
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on doing Ironman Wisconsin on a road bike and a training plan for back-to-back centuries.
date : December 15, 2008
author : FitWerx
My back wheel needs to be trued up. It has a slight side-to-side wobble, and I feel at times like I'm going to lose control when I ride. Is this something that I should only trust to my LBS to do?

date : September 15, 2008
author : lcthomas74
Soon after I got married, I decided I needed to get motivated to work out and focus on getting back into shape. I could barely jog a quarter-mile without needing a walk break.
date : May 7, 2008
author : katzchen55
comments : 3
My thanks to the triathlete community for being there when I need you. That’s the beautiful thing about triathletes. None of us are all right, and no one expects anyone else to be.

date : March 22, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on running muscle imbalance correction, water running, overdistance training, back-to-back Olys, maintenance plans and speed and common age-grouper mistakes.