General Discussion Race Reports! » Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
United States
JMC Partners
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 303/661
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 29/49
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 3am (OUCH) and had a bagel with peanut butter and jelly and a little coffee. Showered packed up my stuff and was out the door by 3:50 for an hour and half drive to the race site (already cutting it close). After parking and starting to walk to the shuttle bus 3 times and having to go back to the car for something I forgot, getting to the shuttle and riding the shuttle to the race site it was already 5:50. I had a few minutes to get to transition, try to set up my stuff as best as I could and get my wetsuit on. I finished just as they were starting to kick us out of the transition area. Had a gu about a half hour before the start. Hung out with a couple friends before the swim start and tried to get my mind into the race instead of being all tense about being late.
Event warmup:

I jumped into the water and got some strokes in. Didn't really stretch or anything. I really felt I was just shooting from hip on this one.
Swim
  • 32m 3s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 57s / 100 yards
Comments:

I got swam over a couple times and that was fun. The sighting was tough cause once you rounded the first turn you were looking directly into the sun so it was really hard to tell if you were going in the right direction. It would have been nice if they had a few bouys between the 2 big ones on the long straightaway. I swam way off course and didn't really realize it until late and then had to adjust which I know added some time to my swim. Other than that the water was great.
What would you do differently?:

Sight better. Maybe get some better tinted goggles to compensate for the sun.
Transition 1
  • 03m 54s
Comments:

Too long. I really took my time on this to make sure I had everything. The transitions always seem to hurt my time.

Work on a better transition system so I can get in and outta there more quickly.
Bike
  • 1h 17m 39s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 19.20 mile/hr
Comments:

The bike leg was ok for me. I know I could have pushed harder. I'm trying to get out of the mindframe that I'm doing the triathlon to finish. I finished a bunch and now I can really start to push myself and see what I can do. So.....I feel I could have pushed myself more on the bike.

Push harder.
Transition 2
  • 03m 25s
Comments:

This was way too long. I did have to stop at the port o potty though so that took a little time. Since my transition wasn't set up very well, I forgot to untie my running shoes so that took a little time as well. I haven't installed the Yakz on the new running shoes yet. ooops.

Have my stuff set up better.
Run
  • 50m 24s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

I proved to myself that I should be pushing harder. A friend of mine was running the race too and I saw her on the run and I knew she was gunning to beat me. The mile before I saw her was 8:40 and then the mile after I saw her was 7:22 and I felt fine. That just solidified the fact that I cannot be afraid to push myself harder.

Like I said in the bike section - "push harder"
Post race
Warm down:

Layed in the grass for a while and just enjoyed the atmosphere. Had a half of a bagel, some water & Gatorade. It was an absolutely georgeous day. I wish I would have seen my BT friends there but it's entirely my fault for being late.

Event comments:

A very well organized race. Everything from packet pick up to the finish line was very smooth. It would have been nice if there was a little something more to the expo though. Seemed kind of dinky.
And one of these races I'll meet my fellow BT'ers!

Last updated: 2006-08-02 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:32:03 | 1640 yards | 01m 57s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/49
Overall: 0/661
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: Big triangle and for some reason it looked just enormous to me.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 03:54
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:17:39 | 24.85 miles | 19.20 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course: The course was pretty nice and went through some scenic areas.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 03:25
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:50:24 | 06.21 miles | 08m 07s  min/mile
Performance: Average
Course: Pretty much a couple out and backs. The run around the lake was nice.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2006-08-21 4:49 PM

User image

Veteran
Buffalo Grove, IL
Subject: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race

2006-08-21 5:17 PM
in reply to: #517939

User image

Veteran
Buffalo Grove, IL
Subject: RE: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race
Woops I forgot to post my total time 2:47:23
2006-08-22 2:13 PM

User image

Expert
Mukwonago, WI

Sorry we didn't bump into you but it sure sound like you had a great race! With such a strong base it sounds like you can really open it up and see what happens! Great job and remember the Wieners get a rematch next year!
2006-08-22 3:47 PM

User image

Crystal Lake, IL

Wow, for someone who sounds like he just took it easy the whole race you had a good time.  I hope we aren't going head to head when you really push it!

2006-08-22 10:08 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine WI
Great results, sounds like you had a good time. It always helps motivate you when someone is gunning for you. Sorry that we didnt get a chance to meet up. Maybe next year!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race Rss Feed