General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone have info about Tri dot training ? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-12-19 8:27 PM

User image

Wilmington NC
Subject: Anyone have info about Tri dot training ?
I have seen some things on Facebook about a free for feedback program- I have applied and been accepted( seems like they take all applicants) but want to know if anyone has any experience with their programs . Thanks!

2014-12-20 2:12 PM
in reply to: Roadtoad22

Subject: RE: Anyone have info about Tri dot training ?
I signed up last year for the same thing, thinking, what the heck I will give it a try... I have to say I was extremely pleased and pleasantly surprised. I was hooked up with a great coach, thanks John, and tried to follow the plan exactly as written. I improved my fitness tremendously, got my reimbursement back after I filled out the feedback and ended up staying with Tridot. I completed my first half ironman this past summer using Tridot training. I say if you are willing to give the feedback go for it. They are a legit company and I have nothing but good things to say about the people.
2014-12-20 2:15 PM
in reply to: #5075944

User image

Wilmington NC
What kind so training do they follow? Heart rate or rpe? We're the workouts doable on a tight time schedule, crazy intense, about how many workouts per week? Thanks for your help!
2014-12-20 4:01 PM

They really set it up for whatever you have for equipment. I have heart rate for bike and run. So my bikes were set around my heart rate and my runs used pace and heart rate. Did measurements about every 4 weeks to give time trials, heart rate, pace, etc...I would say the best part of the training is it is so doable with a busy schedule. I have a crazy work schedule and was very capable of fitting in the workouts. I am set up to workout 6 days a week, but they are flexible. I would suggest just talking to the coach they set you up with. Mine was awesome in listening to me and addressing my concerns around all of those things.
2014-12-22 2:30 PM

I had an excellent experience using TriDot's "Free for Feedback" program.
I'm 54 years old and had competed in 11 Triathlons but I had never crossed the finish line of a 70.3 Half Ironman event.
My goal was to cross the finish line of my first Half Ironman, and if possible, match my brother's time of 6:47:00.
As I was researching training for the 70.3 event, I came across TriDot's "Free for Feedback" program. I read about the program requirements, and what was expected of me, and decided that this was a wonderful opportunity to get real coaching based on science, not philosophy or some coaches "hunch."
I decided to sign up and started the "Free for Feedback" program around the middle of March, 2014.
I also signed up for my first 70.3 event, The Utah Half ( www.racetri.com ).
I then got serious about my training and decided that I wanted to do everything TriDot told me to do so that I could maximize my chances of crossing the finish line a total time of 6:47:00.
I started by doing my first 5k run assessment. This is where you run a 5k, on a track or some flat course, as fast as you can and then record your time into TriDot's web-site/database. When you do this, you get your first TriDot score! A TriDot score is a number between 0 and 85 (if I remember right), and Professional runners (or Olympians) would be expected to have a score near 70 or above. My score was around 29.
The "Free for Feedback" program explains to you how each work out is based on scientific research, and how each work out prepares you for the next set of work outs and finally, your goal event.
I then took a 15 mile Time Trial bike assessment and got my TriDot score for that. Also, my swim assessment and got my swim TriDot score.
Once these assessments were completed, and entered into the TriDot system, a personal work out plan was generated specifically for me! The work out plan would only be good for me - no one else, because the work out was all based upon the data I entered for MY run, bike and swim assessments.
I thought, "THIS IS COOL! TriDot has created a work out program specifically for me based on my body's current level of conditioning / fitness! Awesome!"
My event was in August, 2014. I had a lot of hard training to do in order to be ready for the event, so I did everything TriDot told me to do and boy did it ever pay off big time!
TriDot taught me how to handle my nutrition for the event, how to pace myself on the run, proper running form, how to pace myself on the swim, how to cruise in the aero-position at 80-90 RPM on the bike, and other excellent things.
I crossed the line in 6:14:30 and completed my personal goal of doing my first ever 70.3 Half Ironman event!
TriDot helped me all the way!
I currently am signed up in their "Off Season" training program and I feel my body strengthening as I prepare for IronMan 70.3 Boulder, Colorado in June, 2015.
I hope you decide to use TriDot. The program really is amazing (if you're willing to follow it), plus, you won't get injured training if you follow the program and are truthful will all the data you enter into the system.
TriDot has helped me tons!
Hope this helps!
-pk
2014-12-22 3:51 PM

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Originally posted by Roadtoad22

I have seen some things on Facebook about a free for feedback program- I have applied and been accepted( seems like they take all applicants) but want to know if anyone has any experience with their programs . Thanks!

I can vouch for Jeff and several of their coaches. Every thing they do is "data driven" and the system is depending on you to do the work, do the assessments and communicate with the coach. The coach can modify everything for you as needed regarding how much training you'll be doing.

I think it's high quality, but it's not impersonal...you need to communicate with the coach and vice versa. if you start and don't feel you're getting the communication level you need, let them know. it's really a no-lose situation for you.

**Disclaimer--I have no financial relationship with Jeff or TriDot but think Jeff is a nice guy and the system he has created works well**

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone have info about Tri dot training ? Rss Feed