BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2015-01-09 4:35 PM
in reply to: CarolynS

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Subject: RE: TZCoaching tri getting started group! - Open!
Hi Carolyn (and for everyone),

If you don't have as much time during the winter, which is pretty common along with lack of motivation with darker days, I would encourage come intensity in the workouts. At least once a week having a high intense workouts (think all out sprints) is good, but one of my favorite winter workouts is also some long, semi-intense work to help increase threshold.

For this bike this could be 1 or 2 x 20 minutes at high zone 3, low zone 4.

For running, basically about the same. 1 or 2 x 20 minutes same zones as above. Or maybe 2 x 3 10 minute efforts in zone 4.

Originally posted by CarolynS

Thanks for the welcome!

I am pretty good about getting in 6 workouts a week. With winter weather, everything is indoors. I am trying to do one long run of an hour or more - I'm up to 7 miles , two short runs of 30 minutes one of which has hills of two minutes at 5 incline out of every ten minutes, two one hour bike rides on my road bike on a trainer and one swim of 42 lengths of a 50 m pool each week. I struggle to get the three runs in and instead tend to do two runs and a row (I have a concept 2 rower my husband bought years ago and can't use because of a herniated ) of 13000 m instead.

I don't know whether two minutes of hard riding each ten is sufficient on the bike. It is hard to mimic outdoor sessions during the winter. My husband got me aero bars for Christmas so I've installed them and have been using them this week for the first time.

Last year I focused on increasing length, but I don't have time to work out 90 min as often in the winter and wonder if intensity might be better or if just logging time until closer to the season is ok. My first tri of the season will likely be a race in mid June of international or olympic distance.

Any thoughts from your experience would be appreciated!

Carolyn

2015-01-09 4:41 PM
in reply to: katietrimomma

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Welcome to the group! And of course welcome to the crazyness that is Triathlon!

Congrats on thew new bike from Santa and for signing up for your first race!

Check out the swim smooth website. I like to tell people to visualize themselves like the little motion guy on the website. It also has a lot of good reading and resources on there.

http://www.swimsmooth.com/

Originally posted by katietrimomma

Hi all!

Would love to join the group as a 100% newbie. I did my first duathlon last year (as I'm kind of terrified of the swim) and then Santa brought me a shiny new road bike for Christmas! I'm signed up for a sprint-Mt. Gretna in PA in May. It's a lake swim which is less scary than a lot of the Delaware tri's that are in the Atlantic. I hope to do 2-3 more as the season progresses.

I am coming into Tri's from a running background. High school, college, a few halfs (some minor injuries that were discouraging), innumerable 5ks/10ks, and a failed marathon attempt (my husband deployed in the middle of training and I simply could not keep up with the time requirements.

I have two little ones (4 and 20 months) and an Air Force pilot husband who is gone a lot. The tri regime seems to fit my needs a lot better than by challenging myself with increasing running distance (and therefore increased time commitment-ain't nobody got time for that! ok, some people obviously do I can get in/out of a workout in an hour and still be moving my fitness level forward! I currently work out 4-5 times a week, sprint workouts, long bike rides, sprint bike rides, treadmill spints, HIIT workouts, strength training, you name it. I'm game.

I LOVE nutrition. I find it incredibly fascinating and really enjoy trying to keep my family healthy and fit through the foods we eat.

I have no good ideas on how to train for this tri (ESPECIALLY THE SWIMMING?!) and am so excited to get some guidance from this forum!

I am also excited to motivate each other.

Thanks for having me! Katie

2015-01-09 4:43 PM
in reply to: JEVanHorn

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hollister, CA
Hi josh and Katie...and any others I may have missed.

Question: what's the standard tire pressure for a tri bike? Both tires the same? I usually keep back tire between 100-105 ish. I'm never sure if the front tire is supposed to be the same. For some reason I always think it's supposed to be less..

Elena.
2015-01-09 4:44 PM

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Welcome to the group Joshua!

Hopefully your knee is better now so it won't bother you as you get into triathlons. For a trail runner, have you checked out the Xterra series of triathlons & running races? I've been doing those my whole life - it involves mountain biking but they are fun races! The trail runs are also really fun and challenging.

Welcome to the group! Let us know if you have any questions.

Originally posted by JEVanHorn

Hello Tony,

I believe this might be the right group for me. I am a 31 year old male living in Rochester, NY I have been interested in triathlons for about a year now, I bought a road bike in March of 2014 and rode twice a week during the spring and summer. I used to be an avid trail runner but unfortunately fell off the wagon back in 2013 because of a knee injury. I work for a non-profit running adventure based trips for preteens and teens, basically I organize and run backpacking, canoeing, and rock climbing trips for kids during the summer months.

I am getting married in May and want to get in better shape for the wedding/in general and triathlons and training would be a great opportunity for me to do so. I think the moral support and having a knowledgeable person to reach out too is going to be exactly what in need for me to reach my goals.

Thank you and I cannot wait to get started.

-Joshua
2015-01-09 4:51 PM
in reply to: tzcoaching

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hollister, CA
Also, anyone know if BT changed their requirements for logging workouts? My workouts for Jan are gone and when I went to log today's workout, it said I have to upgrade to bronze, silver or gold membership. This is new! So does this mean I now have to pay to log my workouts?
2015-01-09 4:58 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hollister, CA
That was weird. Tried 2x to log my workout and it wouldn't let me. Tried it a 3rd time ...and all is good. Logged. No need for membership. Disregard above. By the way? Any other use BT to log? Am I the only one.?

Edited by EV3110 2015-01-09 5:00 PM

2015-01-09 4:58 PM

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Subject: TZCoaching tri & cycling kits
Hello everyone!

Thanks for your contributions so far and questions. Hopefully we'll keep this a pretty active group moving forward! Everyone has really great backgrounds and goals for the year.

OK, hopefully this isn't too sales-y (not my style) but just wanted to extend the great deal we have to order new tri, cycling, running and winter kits! I just got the design stuff back today, using Canari again to order these. Used them last year in a smaller order and everyone seemed to like them. Plus, they have good prices considering the quality, compared to what you can find in a store.

So, here's the info. If your interested shoot me an e-mail to [email protected]. I'll be taking orders thru the end of the month!

Jerseys: $85
Bib Shorts: $90

Tri Suits: $105
Tri Tops: $60
Tri Bottoms: $65

Running Shorts (no picture, they just have a red TZ on the front and back of the right leg. Black shorts): $55

Wind Vests: $75 ($100 for winter version)
Wind Jacket: $90 ($125 for winter version)
Arm Warmers: $30

Headbands: $25
Skull Caps: $25
Gloves: $25 (if we get enough orders)

http://www.tzcoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Kits.jpg

(Kits.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Kits.jpg (31KB - 11 downloads)
2015-01-09 5:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hollister, CA
Subject: RE: TZCoaching tri & cycling kits
Cool Tony! I like them!
2015-01-09 5:02 PM
in reply to: EV3110

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Glad you were able to log your workout! Did your January stuff show up there?

I haven't spent too much time with the BT logs. I know a lot of people use it and like it, especially if you want others to be able to view them.

I use TrainingPeaks and have a lot of people use that as well (the free version is fine - except you can't plan ahead but can still log). There's other logs that are coming up lately as well.

Originally posted by EV3110

That was weird. Tried 2x to log my workout and it wouldn't let me. Tried it a 3rd time ...and all is good. Logged. No need for membership. Disregard above. By the way? Any other use BT to log? Am I the only one.?
2015-01-09 7:27 PM

Hi Tony (I'm also a Tony )

I've read through your thread and would like to be part of this group. I'm a 32 year old Miami native and semi-active (by this I mean occasional ). I have been wanting to get into tri's for some time now but I can never commit primarily due to lack of structure. I am eyeing an Oly next November.

I have been athletic my entire life (martial arts, softball, bmx, basketball, high school cross country, mountain biking, etc). Although I am not consistent with any activity, I tend to get into shape rather quickly. I am slim (126lbs), however, I eat well and I'm considerably strong despite my small frame. I am looking forward to training for a tri due to the all-around training aspect but primarily for the mental component of it.

I work in a fast paced, stressful environment (Finance) and more importantly my wife and I are expecting our first child any day this month. Don't freak out....I know I am going to be pressed for time and initially deprived of much sleep This is precisely why I want to start training. Life takes over and our days pass us by. With all of the chaos brought on by our jobs and caring for a child, I want to make sure that I can also have a mental/physical outlet for myself.

My goal is just to complete the Oly in November. I plan on starting this week on a 20 week sprint training plan to gradually build my base and then transition into an Oly plan. I am trying to get a close group of friends to train as well as a means of motivation for all of us.

Running: I was once a "runner" (high school cross country) with an average 5k of 21minutes. If I get pulled into a 5k on any given day with no prep I'll run it just under 30m.

Swimming: I am very comfortable in the water (enjoy snorkeling/spearfishing) but no formal training.

Biking: I have a road bike which i manage to punch out 10-20 mile rides on every once in a while.

I don't have any clue on how to really prepare for a tri but I am confident with some help I can achieve my goals. I look forward to your help and the group's support moving forward.

Thanks!

Tony
2015-01-09 10:57 PM

thank you for the well wishes, my knee is doing well. I am pretty sure the biking last year really helped it. I am currently working on figuring out a training plan that is right for me. I am looking for something that will have a lot of swimming time, since that is certainly my weakest sport. What do you recommend for someone that needs a lot of help with swimming? Articles to read, videos to watch, etc. Thank you for your help and I will have to check out the Xterra series.

2015-01-10 4:45 PM

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Check out the swimsmooth website. Good glossary of swimming terms, videos & articles.

http://www.swimsmooth.com/

Originally posted by JEVanHorn

thank you for the well wishes, my knee is doing well. I am pretty sure the biking last year really helped it. I am currently working on figuring out a training plan that is right for me. I am looking for something that will have a lot of swimming time, since that is certainly my weakest sport. What do you recommend for someone that needs a lot of help with swimming? Articles to read, videos to watch, etc. Thank you for your help and I will have to check out the Xterra series.
2015-01-10 4:50 PM
in reply to: Toeknee247

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Welcome to the group Tony, and congrats on your upcoming baby! Sounds like your going to have your hands full pretty soon! But with an Oly not scheduled until November, you should have plenty of time.

Just be consistent with your training. For a sprint, it sounds like you should already be able to get thru the distance. By being consistent you'll be able to get thru it easier, with minimal risk of injury, and more importantly you'll probably enjoy it more!

Originally posted by Toeknee247

Hi Tony (I'm also a Tony )

I've read through your thread and would like to be part of this group. I'm a 32 year old Miami native and semi-active (by this I mean occasional ). I have been wanting to get into tri's for some time now but I can never commit primarily due to lack of structure. I am eyeing an Oly next November.

I have been athletic my entire life (martial arts, softball, bmx, basketball, high school cross country, mountain biking, etc). Although I am not consistent with any activity, I tend to get into shape rather quickly. I am slim (126lbs), however, I eat well and I'm considerably strong despite my small frame. I am looking forward to training for a tri due to the all-around training aspect but primarily for the mental component of it.

I work in a fast paced, stressful environment (Finance) and more importantly my wife and I are expecting our first child any day this month. Don't freak out....I know I am going to be pressed for time and initially deprived of much sleep This is precisely why I want to start training. Life takes over and our days pass us by. With all of the chaos brought on by our jobs and caring for a child, I want to make sure that I can also have a mental/physical outlet for myself.

My goal is just to complete the Oly in November. I plan on starting this week on a 20 week sprint training plan to gradually build my base and then transition into an Oly plan. I am trying to get a close group of friends to train as well as a means of motivation for all of us.

Running: I was once a "runner" (high school cross country) with an average 5k of 21minutes. If I get pulled into a 5k on any given day with no prep I'll run it just under 30m.

Swimming: I am very comfortable in the water (enjoy snorkeling/spearfishing) but no formal training.

Biking: I have a road bike which i manage to punch out 10-20 mile rides on every once in a while.

I don't have any clue on how to really prepare for a tri but I am confident with some help I can achieve my goals. I look forward to your help and the group's support moving forward.

Thanks!

Tony
2015-01-10 4:51 PM

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Originally posted by EV3110

Cool Tony! I like them!

Thanks Elena, glad you like them! They came out really cool.
2015-01-10 10:20 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hollister, CA
Question: what's the standard tire pressure for a tri bike? Both tires the same? I usually keep back tire between 100-105 ish. I'm never sure if the front tire is supposed to be the same. For some reason I always think it's supposed to be less..

Elena
2015-01-10 11:17 PM
in reply to: #5076732

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Check the side of your tire as they can all be different.

On the mountain bike I usually do a little less up front

On the road and tri bike I keep both tires the same.

Here's a good chart to reference!

http://oaksandspokes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/pressurechart12...

2015-01-12 8:52 AM

User image

Veteran
Good morning everybody - hope you had a great weekend! Was cold here but still got outside for bike\run, so I'm a happy guy this morning.

Tony, one question based on this weekend. Keep in mind that I've had a long layoff so basically starting from nothing.

Overdid it Saturday morning on the bike. Was shooting for a nice, easy endurance ride with average heart rate of 128 or so. Hammered it pretty good and had average of 154 with max in the 160's. Not what I planned. A couple hours after I finished I could feel my heart pounding away, so I took my blood pressure. It was high - maybe 150/81. I normally don't bother as mine is always low, but we have a cuff and I was curious.

Sunday morning ran 3 fairly easy miles. Average heart rate 124. Felt good. Took blood pressure again Sunday and it was still higher than normal, but lower than Saturday. 132/76

In both cases the heart rate was higher than it's normal resting rate. Around 70bpm. Normally 48bpm at wake up.

This morning (no exercise) it's back to a normal (for me) 115/70. Resting heart rate 49.

So my question. Is elevated blood pressure normal after exercise and is this an indication of something (i.e. not being recovered)? Is it more likely to occur in very out of shape individuals?

And yes. I'm gonna be a bit more disciplined on the bike next time. On the bright side, I went right back to the my 80 rpm cadence and pedal stroke felt pretty smooth. So the legs remember the skills, but the engine needs an overhaul.
2015-01-12 3:06 PM
in reply to: #5082135

User image

Hi all,
I hope there's still room for one more beginner in this group.
My name is Sophie and I'm 27 years old, from Norway.
I've been on and off bt for a few years now, but only making my first appearance today.
I suffer from social anxiety disorder, which makes it almost impossible for me to enter a race (I signed up for two sprints last year, but did not show up for the start). In 2009 ago I tried to run a marathon but did not finish, my next rave was a 130 km bike race in 2013 which I did finish! I hope this year that I might be able to actually get past the starting point of a sprint tri.

Current training: about ten hours a week including swimming, biking, running, weightlifting and volleyball. The last couple of weeks have been slow due to a sprained foot. I try to som and bike still, but the running and volleyball will have to wait until February.

I'm looking forward to being mentored for the first time in my life ;-)
2015-01-13 12:34 PM

User image

Tony,

I would like to join the group as well.

NAME: My name is Mike, and I live near Frederick, MD. I am 44 years old and and completed my first Tri in June back in my hometown of Penn Yan, NY. I have completed 2 more tri's last year and am totally hooked.

STORY: In March of 2013, I weighed in at 290 Lbs, smoked a pack a day, and ate whatever I wanted pretty much. A visit to the doctor's office revealed I had a BP of 165/100, and my feet would occasionally go numb. 3 days later, I found out I had type 2 Diabetes. The doctor gave me 2 choices, Insulin and Metformin, in which case if I continued doing what I was doing, I would probably be dead in 10 years; or lose the weight, diet and exercise. I have lost 115 Lbs, exercise 10-12 hours a week, and take no BP medicine or medically treat my diabetes.

FAMILY: Just my wife of 13 years and various dogs, cats and snakes.

Current Training and Goals: I am training 10-12 hours a week and plan to up this to about 15 hours. I wish to compete in the first sprint I did last year to compare my time, them an Olympic and then a HIM in September.

Other: I am always looking for good advise from anybody, no matter how experienced or not. I am excellent at swimming having grown up on a lake when I was a kid, but my bike leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully I can get some good advice about improving my bike, but at the same time help others with the swim.

Thanks, and hope to be part of the group!

Mike
2015-01-13 9:15 PM
in reply to: Mr10670

Hello Mike and welcome. I dont have any advice but I just wanted to say that I work for a summer camp that is on Seneca Lake not very far from your home town. That is all.
2015-01-17 1:54 PM
in reply to: gtkelly

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Hello!

Elevated HR is typical in out of shape folks. Also typical if your over training and just fatiqued or sick. So lots of factors going in to elevated resting HR. You said you felt good, so it could just be that your body is still getting use to the training. Are you sure your normally at 48 in the morning? That's actually really good if your coming back from a long layoff!

Originally posted by gtkelly

Good morning everybody - hope you had a great weekend! Was cold here but still got outside for bike\run, so I'm a happy guy this morning.

Tony, one question based on this weekend. Keep in mind that I've had a long layoff so basically starting from nothing.

Overdid it Saturday morning on the bike. Was shooting for a nice, easy endurance ride with average heart rate of 128 or so. Hammered it pretty good and had average of 154 with max in the 160's. Not what I planned. A couple hours after I finished I could feel my heart pounding away, so I took my blood pressure. It was high - maybe 150/81. I normally don't bother as mine is always low, but we have a cuff and I was curious.

Sunday morning ran 3 fairly easy miles. Average heart rate 124. Felt good. Took blood pressure again Sunday and it was still higher than normal, but lower than Saturday. 132/76

In both cases the heart rate was higher than it's normal resting rate. Around 70bpm. Normally 48bpm at wake up.

This morning (no exercise) it's back to a normal (for me) 115/70. Resting heart rate 49.

So my question. Is elevated blood pressure normal after exercise and is this an indication of something (i.e. not being recovered)? Is it more likely to occur in very out of shape individuals?

And yes. I'm gonna be a bit more disciplined on the bike next time. On the bright side, I went right back to the my 80 rpm cadence and pedal stroke felt pretty smooth. So the legs remember the skills, but the engine needs an overhaul.

2015-01-17 1:58 PM
in reply to: Eihposi

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Welcome to the group Sophie!

Looking forward to hearing how you progress this year. Sorry to hear you didn't show for your couple of races last year. Not sure if they have them in Norway (they are limited here in the US as well), but look up triathlons that have a time trial start vs. a mass start. This way, they start off 1 or 2 people every minute, rather then everyone at once. This might be an easier way to get into it with your anxiety; you could just look at it like a typical workout!

Welcome again. The pave in your picture looks cool.

Originally posted by Eihposi

Hi all,
I hope there's still room for one more beginner in this group.
My name is Sophie and I'm 27 years old, from Norway.
I've been on and off bt for a few years now, but only making my first appearance today.
I suffer from social anxiety disorder, which makes it almost impossible for me to enter a race (I signed up for two sprints last year, but did not show up for the start). In 2009 ago I tried to run a marathon but did not finish, my next rave was a 130 km bike race in 2013 which I did finish! I hope this year that I might be able to actually get past the starting point of a sprint tri.

Current training: about ten hours a week including swimming, biking, running, weightlifting and volleyball. The last couple of weeks have been slow due to a sprained foot. I try to som and bike still, but the running and volleyball will have to wait until February.

I'm looking forward to being mentored for the first time in my life ;-)
2015-01-17 2:01 PM
in reply to: Mr10670

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Hi Mike, welcome to the group!

Glad to hear you chose the better (IMO) option to get healthier vs sticking to the insulin. Looking forward to hearing how you progress and how you do in the sprint tri! Losing 115 is incredibly impressive; congrats! How long did it take?

Originally posted by Mr10670

Tony,

I would like to join the group as well.

NAME: My name is Mike, and I live near Frederick, MD. I am 44 years old and and completed my first Tri in June back in my hometown of Penn Yan, NY. I have completed 2 more tri's last year and am totally hooked.

STORY: In March of 2013, I weighed in at 290 Lbs, smoked a pack a day, and ate whatever I wanted pretty much. A visit to the doctor's office revealed I had a BP of 165/100, and my feet would occasionally go numb. 3 days later, I found out I had type 2 Diabetes. The doctor gave me 2 choices, Insulin and Metformin, in which case if I continued doing what I was doing, I would probably be dead in 10 years; or lose the weight, diet and exercise. I have lost 115 Lbs, exercise 10-12 hours a week, and take no BP medicine or medically treat my diabetes.

FAMILY: Just my wife of 13 years and various dogs, cats and snakes.

Current Training and Goals: I am training 10-12 hours a week and plan to up this to about 15 hours. I wish to compete in the first sprint I did last year to compare my time, them an Olympic and then a HIM in September.

Other: I am always looking for good advise from anybody, no matter how experienced or not. I am excellent at swimming having grown up on a lake when I was a kid, but my bike leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully I can get some good advice about improving my bike, but at the same time help others with the swim.

Thanks, and hope to be part of the group!

Mike
2015-01-17 2:14 PM

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois
Subject: Saturday 17
Hey everyone!

Sorry was a little slow to respond this week. Been fighting the flu all week so def. not feeling my best!

I'm back, and ready to roll.

How's everyone's training progressing this week? Hope your all feeling well and looking forward to hear how your doing!
2015-01-17 5:03 PM

I would love to join if you still have room!

Name: Christy

Story: I used to run in high school but stopped not long after I graduated. I started running again last year after the birth of my son. This year I have two goals- a sprint triathlon and a half-marathon. I am going back to school for my nursing degree so my training is changing monthly.

Family: Married with 3 young kids

Current training: 3-5 days a week (mostly running right now but hope to change that soon)

2014 races- did 4 5k's, 1 four mile, and 1 10k.

2015 races- Go girl run half, Win for KC sprint, and Run as one 5k. I may add a few others in there but have to look at my schedule.

Weight loss- I lost 25 pounds last year and hope to lose another 30 this year!

Would love someone to help me with my training and making sure I get out there!
Thanks!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

Jim Kelley's (Birkierunner) General and Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 28944 Posts: 460

2015-06-05 9:09 AM BlueBoy26

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 14, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Receive online triathlon coaching via our forums, personal coaching through an affiliated coach or nutrition coaching from our certified nutritionist.

date : November 7, 2007
author : YourYoga
comments : 4
The focus for this first session will be on breathing. Breathing will be the foundation for the more complex and strenuous poses that will support your bodyweight in future yoga poses.
date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw:

date : May 1, 2006
author : Team BT
The day of the triathlon was one of the best days of my life. I felt strong and healthy. Lots of friends and family came to cheer me on. The support was overwhelming.
date : January 29, 2006
author : Iron MaYden
JAM! Trisuits is touted to be a trisuit for women, by women, and offering “more upper body support than what has been traditionally available in one piece trisuits”.

date : May 9, 2005
author : mikericci
Athletes should have completed at least one Olympic distance triathlon or swim 500 yards consecutively / bike 15 mile consecutively / run 3 miles consecutively.
date : May 9, 2005
author : mikericci
Sprint distance athletes should have completed 1-3 sprints and/or be able to swim 200 yards consecutively / bike 8 mile consecutively / run 1.5 miles consecutively.

date : August 31, 2004
author : Ron
Access to more articles, full training log features, an entire detailed training plan library and plan support - plus many additional perks.