General Discussion Race Reports! » Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
United States
JMC Partners
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 39m 14s
Overall Rank = 215/661
Age Group = M30-34
Age Group Rank = 22/49
Pre-race routine:

Bit of a spazz. Got the bikes uncovered but wasn't at all comfortable. I am usually set up behind my bike and this time for some reason I was setting up in front of it (the front wheel). For whatever reason I chose to leave it that way and didn't turn my bike around. This was a big mistake.
Event warmup:

None - spent my time in the prota-potty line waiting to, ummm, exhale.
Swim
  • 32m 26s
  • 1500 meters
  • 02m 10s / 100 meters
Comments:

The sun blinded everyone after the first turn. Ended up way of course as the only thing that I could see to use to spot was the smoke stacks from a power plant in the distance. Never found a rhythm. Its my own fault. My fitness is there. Its all mental. I just can't pull this part of my race together.
What would you do differently?:

Move to the ocean and swim every day.
Transition 1
  • 02m 46s
Comments:

Average. I gathered myself. There was quite a haul out of the water to the bike and then out of transition. I can't see getting out any faster than I did with the equipment that I have.

Forget the socks and get tri specific bike shoes.
Bike
  • 1h 16m 15s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 19.55 mile/hr
Comments:

Ok 20mph average without areo bars is none to shabby. The time and average dipped slightly at the finish having to come to a complete stand still waiting for others to dismount. Overall, I had fun on the ride and was right where I wanted to be.

Nothing really. I drank and ate well. I rode to my trained ability.
Transition 2
  • 03m 13s
Comments:

Again, was in the far corner the futhest distance from both the bike in a run out. That said, it was an issue with racking the bike. My stuff was all over the place. I was desperate enough to consider placing my bike on the ground. Its funny now though. How the hell is this transition slower than the first? Sheesh. Oh and my adductors were in spasm so it appeared as though my shorts were over starched as I was trying to get on the running shoes.
Run
  • 44m 36s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 11s  min/mile
Comments:

This is my strength. Would've liked to been closer to 7 minute pace. Saw Schmize and Hangloose out on the course. Thought I might catch Schmize but alas I did not. It was his day. Got a big cheer from team Schmize though and that felt good. Gave them a "Go Weiners" as I went by. Saw my wife at my mile 6 (her mile two). She looked really strong and we waved and shouted at each other. That gave me the push to sprint the last 1/4. I worry about her the whole time and seeing that she was having a good race made me feel good about my own. I know that sounds funny but I just can't have a good day without her having a good one as well.
Post race
Warm down:

Waiting for Jen and trying to cheer on the rest of the PP Weiners and yes even a few of the PP Posse.

Event comments:

First race I have ever competed in that I knew so many people. It felt good not to be a stranger. We don't have family close by to come out and cheer so having the support all around was new and felt good. Team Posse may have gotten the best of the Weiners this day, but you can never keep a good Weiner down:)

Last updated: 2006-08-06 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:32:26 | 1500 meters | 02m 10s / 100meters
Age Group: 31/49
Overall: 352/661
Performance: Bad
Suit: Orca - Sleeveless
Course: Ok course. More bouys please.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 77F / 25C Current: Low
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Bad
Breathing: Below average Drafting: Bad
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:46
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:16:15 | 24.85 miles | 19.55 mile/hr
Age Group: 30/49
Overall: 276/661
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: Pretty good. Rolling hills and flats.
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 03:13
Overall: Bad
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:44:36 | 06.21 miles | 07m 11s  min/mile
Age Group: 11/49
Overall: 85/661
Performance: Good
Course: Flat. Nothing to complain about. Without any shading it was good that the temp was down.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-08-22 8:34 AM

User image

Regular
Oak Park, Il
Subject: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race

2006-08-22 9:04 AM
in reply to: #518427

User image

Elite
Racine, WI
Subject: RE: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race

"I worry about her the whole time and seeing that she was having a good race made me feel good about my own. I know that sounds funny but I just can't have a good day without her having a good one as well. "

I don't think that sounds funny!  I am the same way...I don't worry about Mark exactly, or obsess or anything, but it's like I'm holding my breath until I see him.  Once I know where he's at and that he's having a good day I loosen up.  So if you're "funny"...well so am I. 

I don't think the Posse got the best of the Weiners at all....but either way we WILL be back!  It was super fun to have you guys up here, I hope we have many more races together

2006-08-22 10:37 AM

User image

Expert
Mukwonago, WI

Wow - great race. You run like a gazzelle!! Way to execute a great race and make us Weiners proud. Next year we will be back and crush the Posse - way to hold up your end on our team. Good luck in the future and keep working!!
2006-08-22 11:00 AM

User image

Crystal Lake, IL

Yep, great race Jonathan.  Hope to see you at more races.  You're right, it was a lot of fun to know so many people there.  It felt like every time I turned around I was saying hi to someone.  What a blast!

2006-08-24 6:32 AM

User image

Master
Southwest Chicago 'burbs
Bronze member

nicely done, even for a weiner. 

Great race, and a whole lot of fun meeting you out there!  You're right - it does make a difference when you know so many people who are out there racing with you. 

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Race Rss Feed