BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
Show Per page
 
 
of 3
 
 
2015-05-16 1:46 PM
in reply to: Ro~


38
25
Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -Open
I am so overwhelmed by the advances you have made. When I first signed up for this mentor program I was wondering if I would be able to help anyone advance in their progress, I sure hope that I have provided that. From the way you have explained your training process I believe that you will do awesome.

Coming up to race day DO NOT let anything mess with your mind... There are times that things will come up and the one part of this sport is that you can never train for these things, it comes down to how mentally focused you are to identify the problem, correct it and move on.

Can't wait to see the finisher photos...

Good luck and CONGRATS


2015-05-25 6:10 PM
in reply to: AZChief

User image


19

Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -Open

I did it! I crossed the Finish Line! I made quite some progress from my first triathlon in June 2014 to my second triathlon just a week ago! I loved the course, but it was challenging! 

My official time: 01:34 

I will fill out my race log sometime this week. 

Of course, I feel I could've raced harder! But I am happy with my results compared to last year. 

I'm attaching here an Instagram link of me crossing the Finish Line. Please note that the time is started when male category begins the race about 10 minutes before females start. https://instagram.com/p/2y8mtBAWK9/?taken-by=cancunrunner

And now it's time to decide what race or races I'll be doing.  On one hand, I want to do another triathlon soon, and there is another one in 2 months. I feel ready! On the other hand, I think I should keep training, keep getting better, go to the gym and focus on getting stronger muscles, keep swimming and focus on technique and strenght, also get my first pair of clipin shoes for cycling and then find a good race for the last semester of 2015. Then train hard, really hard! 

What do you do when you are not racing? 

2015-07-05 8:55 AM
in reply to: #5081163

User image


15

Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -Open
Anthony,
Let me start with this I'm 53yo male starting this journey and need everyone's help :-) my biggest issues are swimming stamina and running stamina, I'm using a heavy ( wal-mart ) Mountian bike that belongs to my son to train for the bike portion I've been to local shops been measured for a bike so know that but other than that can & will take all information from all
Randy
2015-07-07 4:22 PM
in reply to: AZChief


5

Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -Open
Hello ,

My name is James and I joined this website a month ago and have yet to do anything on it . I am 245 lbs and over weight . I am still pretty nimble for a big guy . I started a couch to 5 k program and can now run 2 miles. I started taking swim lessons at the community college and my coach says my technique isn't bad ( i obviously need to work on stamina . I signed up for a membership package to have access to the training programs and think the beginners sprint program would be the best for me . I don't have a race planned exactly unless I get started on a program and can hit one up by the end of they year.

I'd really like some guidance and motivation that alot of triathletes have . This website has been a wealth of knowledge and motivation I just realistacly need to get my butt in gear.

So can I join your group ?


2015-07-20 6:37 PM
in reply to: #5126725

User image


19

Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -Open
Hello again Tat!
I'm back and I have new goals.
My next goal: ITU Cozumel 2015.
The date is: October 03.
They have a "Sprint" and a "Standard" (Olympic) triathlon.
I want to do a Standard triathlon but I don't know if I am ready. So far, I have only done 2 sprint triathlons.
What do you think?
Atm I am on week 11 of a 12-week training plan.
Hope to hear from you, soon!
And to everyone else in this room:
Hello! And of you're new then you've come to the right place!!!
2015-08-17 3:06 PM
in reply to: #5130024


3

Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -Open
Hi Anthony, looking for some help in training for a 70.3 in April.


2015-08-18 1:10 AM
in reply to: N4SXX


38
25
Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -Open
Hey there Randy and welcome to the tri community....

Before we get to the stamina part what is the distance you are planning on completing?

And what are your intentions and expectations with the race? Finishing? Winning?




Originally posted by N4SXX

Anthony,
Let me start with this I'm 53yo male starting this journey and need everyone's help :-) my biggest issues are swimming stamina and running stamina, I'm using a heavy ( wal-mart ) Mountian bike that belongs to my son to train for the bike portion I've been to local shops been measured for a bike so know that but other than that can & will take all information from all
Randy
2015-08-18 1:27 AM
in reply to: BadwolfLi225


38
25
Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -Open

Hello James and welcome,

Let me start with weight is not an issue, when I first started I was 250. It his site does have great plans for all levels, I can only motivate just so much, during a race you are going to need to find that inner motivation, only that will get you through to the finish line.

With the swim classes let the instructor know that you are looking to do a triathlon, the swim tech is different so you can save your legs for the bike and run.

I welcome you to the group...

Originally posted by BadwolfLi225

Hello ,

My name is James and I joined this website a month ago and have yet to do anything on it . I am 245 lbs and over weight . I am still pretty nimble for a big guy . I started a couch to 5 k program and can now run 2 miles. I started taking swim lessons at the community college and my coach says my technique isn't bad ( i obviously need to work on stamina . I signed up for a membership package to have access to the training programs and think the beginners sprint program would be the best for me . I don't have a race planned exactly unless I get started on a program and can hit one up by the end of they year.

I'd really like some guidance and motivation that alot of triathletes have . This website has been a wealth of knowledge and motivation I just realistacly need to get my butt in gear.

So can I join your group ?



2015-08-18 1:34 AM
in reply to: Ro~


38
25
Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -Open
Ro

You are more than ready for Olympic distance, from what I have seen I would even suggest 70.3...

Just let me know how I can help.


Originally posted by Ro~

Hello again Tat!
I'm back and I have new goals.
My next goal: ITU Cozumel 2015.
The date is: October 03.
They have a "Sprint" and a "Standard" (Olympic) triathlon.
I want to do a Standard triathlon but I don't know if I am ready. So far, I have only done 2 sprint triathlons.
What do you think?
Atm I am on week 11 of a 12-week training plan.
Hope to hear from you, soon!
And to everyone else in this room:
Hello! And of you're new then you've come to the right place!!!
2015-08-18 1:40 AM
in reply to: Annie1234


38
25
Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -Open
Annie welcome,

Training this far out can almost be over trained, what I would suggest is just keeping the muscles awake and familiar...

What is your triathlon experience? And what are your expectations?

Welcome to the group...



Originally posted by Annie1234

Hi Anthony, looking for some help in training for a 70.3 in April.
2015-08-18 1:54 AM
in reply to: 0


38
25
Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -CLOSED

My apologies to the group the months of June through August have been crazy between work and family. Even with all the craziness and lack of dedicated training I just completed Ironman Kalmar. Additionally, I am staring my ironman coaching certificate course, so everyone here get ready for some good information... I am going to change the title of the forum to closed so I can just focus on those of you who are already in the group.



2015-08-18 10:42 AM
in reply to: #5081163


3

Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -CLOSED
Hi there! Well I was a couch potato not too long ago and started with the C25K program and love it. I was inspired by pictures of athletes racing in an Ironman. I would like to do a 70.3 by next April and fit in some shorter races before that. Right now I'm dealing with tendinitis and am going to a sports medicine clinic to take care of it so I am focusing on swimming now and the bike (those don't hurt my knees). I don't have any experience in racing but am completely looking forward to it!!
2015-08-18 12:25 PM
in reply to: AZChief

User image


19

Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -CLOSED

So nice to hear from you and your latest accomplishment: Ironman Kalmar!

I'm half-way through my Olympic triathlon trainning plan. Summer in Cancun is brutal and it's been hard to train. While cycling I used to carry 1 hydration bottle and now I've realized it's just not enough, so I'm getting a 2nd bottle this week. 

I have a question regardng cadence. As I have mentioned before, there are no hills on this area. I'm very comfortable using the large chainring and the middle to smaller spur but that slows my cadence, not my speed, though. I see a lot of people do "cadence" drills where they have to do high cadence, pedaling fast. For me it is much more difficult to try and maintain high cadence. What do you prefer?

Oh! And glad to have you back! 

Originally posted by AZChief

My apologies to the group the months of June through August have been crazy between work and family. Even with all the craziness and lack of dedicated training I just completed Ironman Kalmar. Additionally, I am staring my ironman coaching certificate course, so everyone here get ready for some good information... I am going to change the title of the forum to closed so I can just focus on those of you who are already in the group.

2015-08-22 10:35 AM
in reply to: Annie1234


38
25
Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -CLOSED
I watch Ironman videos all the time to reinspire me, they are so motivating.

In the off season, or till you find a race to compete in, practice biking at a higher cadence 85-95. And for the swim interrogate backstrokes, this actually helps you with building up your core muscles.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.


Originally posted by Annie1234

Hi there! Well I was a couch potato not too long ago and started with the C25K program and love it. I was inspired by pictures of athletes racing in an Ironman. I would like to do a 70.3 by next April and fit in some shorter races before that. Right now I'm dealing with tendinitis and am going to a sports medicine clinic to take care of it so I am focusing on swimming now and the bike (those don't hurt my knees). I don't have any experience in racing but am completely looking forward to it!!
2015-08-22 10:46 AM
in reply to: Ro~


38
25
Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -CLOSED
cadence is the next best thing to training with power. With a cadence you are going to be working it like a car transmission. you will need to find the gear that you are most comfortable with while using the big chain ring. Once you can maintain a good cadence of 90rpm then shift to a harder gear and work up to 90 rpm. If you have a heart monitor use that as a ruling of how your body is reacting to the higher gears.( keep in mind heat and dehydration will affect the heart rate)

I hope that makes sense... if not let me know...


Originally posted by Ro~

So nice to hear from you and your latest accomplishment: Ironman Kalmar!

I'm half-way through my Olympic triathlon trainning plan. Summer in Cancun is brutal and it's been hard to train. While cycling I used to carry 1 hydration bottle and now I've realized it's just not enough, so I'm getting a 2nd bottle this week. 

I have a question regardng cadence. As I have mentioned before, there are no hills on this area. I'm very comfortable using the large chainring and the middle to smaller spur but that slows my cadence, not my speed, though. I see a lot of people do "cadence" drills where they have to do high cadence, pedaling fast. For me it is much more difficult to try and maintain high cadence. What do you prefer?

Oh! And glad to have you back! 

Originally posted by AZChief

My apologies to the group the months of June through August have been crazy between work and family. Even with all the craziness and lack of dedicated training I just completed Ironman Kalmar. Additionally, I am staring my ironman coaching certificate course, so everyone here get ready for some good information... I am going to change the title of the forum to closed so I can just focus on those of you who are already in the group.


2015-08-26 6:00 AM
in reply to: AZChief

User image


15

Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -Open
I think at this point I am looking at Olympic distance as my first Tri. I love a challenge and where I would like to finish is just that ( finish ) maybe in top 10 -15 not sure if I said I am planning for the 2017 season from Jan. - Dec. all close races to South Carolina


2015-08-28 1:27 AM
in reply to: N4SXX


38
25
Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -Open
2017? That is a good distance away. between now and then are you looking to just build your confidence in each discipline? By 2017 we can have you ready for KONA!

I am not familiar with the SC area, but trifinder.com is a great site to see what races are out there in your area.


Originally posted by N4SXX

I think at this point I am looking at Olympic distance as my first Tri. I love a challenge and where I would like to finish is just that ( finish ) maybe in top 10 -15 not sure if I said I am planning for the 2017 season from Jan. - Dec. all close races to South Carolina
2015-09-24 5:56 PM
in reply to: Ro~

User image


19

Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -CLOSED

Hello Tat! Hope you're doing well! So, I FINALLY MADE THE TRANSITION to clipin shoes! I have been practicing at home on the bike, clipping and unclipping. But now I have some more questions to ask you: During transition (T1), I know the idea is to leave the shoes clipped in the pedals and then jump on the bike, get the shoes strapped and start pedaling. But, how do I make the shoes stay in place? They spin with the pedals and end up upside down before I can jump on the bike. I even think they will make the bicycle trip. 

Any ideas? I have ITU Cozumel next October 03! 

 

2015-09-25 2:45 AM
in reply to: Ro~


38
25
Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -CLOSED
NOOOOOO!!! leaving the shoes clipped in is a recipe for disaster. There are even some very experienced athletes that put their shoes on in the tent or at the bike.

For the clip in shoes some of the toughest parts is when you are going at very slow speeds or stopping.

One thing to practice with clip in's as far as biking is, on your bike trainer unclip one shoe and practice pedaling smoothly with just the one foot, focusing on all four parts of pedaling. 1. the push down. 2. the wiping your feet motion at the bottom. 3. pulling the pedal up. and 4. pulling the pedal over the top. The smoother you get this with each foot the better your overall biking will be...

You will notice that you will be faster, but at first your legs will be more tired because you are using more muscles...

Did you get a chance to see the IM 70.3 Cozumel? That's going to be you soon... I hope one day to do that race.

let me know if you need any more info, but I can't stress enough, don't leave the shoes clipped in for the race.


Originally posted by Ro~

Hello Tat! Hope you're doing well! So, I FINALLY MADE THE TRANSITION to clipin shoes! I have been practicing at home on the bike, clipping and unclipping. But now I have some more questions to ask you: During transition (T1), I know the idea is to leave the shoes clipped in the pedals and then jump on the bike, get the shoes strapped and start pedaling. But, how do I make the shoes stay in place? They spin with the pedals and end up upside down before I can jump on the bike. I even think they will make the bicycle trip. 

Any ideas? I have ITU Cozumel next October 03! 

 


2015-09-25 12:37 PM
in reply to: AZChief

User image


19

Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -CLOSED

Thank you for the advice! I will practice as you suggest! I'm glad I checked with you first before I even tried to do practice the transition with the shoes attached to the pedals. So, I suppose I have to put them on when I finish the swimming segment and then run on them as I exit transition area until I can mount the bike.

I did not get a chance to attend or cheer 70.3 Cozumel. Life's been busy these days and my husband says I spend too much on triathlon stuff so I didn't think he'd be happy to spend on a trip to Cozumel just to watch, lol  Doing a 70.3 is definitely in my future plans.

On the other hand, I have signed up for another triathlon in the first week of November. It takes place at Xel-ha which is a 2hr-drive from Cancun. I was thinking that would be my last competition of 2015...but then, I am seriously considering closing the year 2015 by running Cancun Marathon.

Then I will start 2016 by taking a 2 month break from training and competitions (Which is something I said last year and never actually did it!). Ha ha!

Have a great weekend Tat!

 

2015-09-25 1:02 PM
in reply to: Ro~


38
25
Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -CLOSED
Yeah depending on the type of transition you may have to give a few good taps with the shoes on the concrete, like if it is a grassy transition you may have dirt or mud in the part of the clip in that connects the shoes to the bike...

please let me know if there is a way that I can track any of your races...

My race season is going to end with the Athens Marathon, I figure that since I am so close it is a must to do.


2015-10-15 4:35 PM
in reply to: 0

User image


19

Subject: RE: Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -CLOSED

Hello Tat! I have been really busy since ITU Cozumel and been trying to write an update on my race. There's so much to say about that Triathlon that I do not want to forget any detail so that next year I can come back more experienced and maybe wiser! The swimming segment went well. They didn't allow us to warm-up in the water because other age groups had already started the race and they didn't want us to block their way out. The race started inside the "Marina" so there was no diving or dolphin dive, we were floating in the water when we started. My timing was Ok. I shaved off a minute from my previous tri. Not bad. 

But...(Yes, there is a but, ugh), after the swimming segment I lost time trying to find my bike. I remembered where I had put it, but by the time I had got to the triathlon to place my bike and my stuff, the bar where you hang the bike wasn't full so my last view of my byclicle was different from what I found when I arrived back in T1...so many bikes and the place looked totally different!). I had placed it in the center of my age group section and remembered the sign for my age group. The thing is...I had never been in a triathlon with so many athletes! By the time I was done with the swimming segment and ran for my bike, I found my section, but couldn't locate my bike easy. I lost valuable seconds there!

As for running...That went really well! I actually ran better than any other time before. I couldn't believe this time, for the first time ever, I wasn't struggling to run. At some point, I realized I was running as fast as I usually run on a running race! I was so confident and, of course, happy!

My overall time wasn't the best...I did 1 min extra than my previous Triathlon. The cycling segment was slower for me this time. I think I should've pedaled harder! Faster! And I should've found my bike among the 49 other triathletes in my age group! 

My next goal: Xelha Triathlon (I hear its also a World triathlon. They say it's even BIGGER than ITU Cozumel!, so I need to come up with ideas on how to locate my stuff and bycicle among all the people in my age group!). The date for my next and last triathlon of 2015: November 15! I WANT TO CRUSH IT, Tat!!!! 



Edited by Ro~ 2015-10-15 4:37 PM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Anthony Tatasciore Tri with Tat -CLOSED Rss Feed  
Show Per page
 
 
of 3
 
 
RELATED POSTS

Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 29014 Posts: 1079

2015-12-30 11:15 PM 2NewKnees

Successful Triathlon Training, by Fred D - OPEN

Started by Fred D
Views: 801 Posts: 2

2015-01-21 6:28 AM juanjaramillo

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.
 
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
 
date : November 9, 2010
author : garyhallsr
comments : 0
Doug was one of the few swimming coaches who really appreciated how important swimming technique is and would spend as much or more time with his athletes making sure they got it right.
date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?