General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Checking in: Happy New Year Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-10 5:53 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Jakarta Selatan, Unknown
Subject: Checking in: Happy New Year
Greetings,

how is everybody doing? It has been some time since my last appearance; looks like the website has made some changes.

I am now in DKI Jakarta, Indonesia and even though as much as I would like to keep training triathlon, it is quite challenging to do it here. The traffic is just not friendly for gasoline-free people.

Nonetheless, I am still using my loyal companion; it has been renewed and somewhat adjusted to the terrain. But it still function as good as usual.

Indeed, I am cycling in DKI Jakarta and I realized there are some minorities that share the same attitude of urban commuting. Hopefully, we would have a pedestrian and bicycle friendly state soon.

Stay safe,

Nala Jati

(B2W DKI-Banjir Edition.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
B2W DKI-Banjir Edition.jpg (968KB - 7 downloads)

2015-01-10 8:43 AM
in reply to: otongki

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Checking in: Happy New Year

Hi, welcome back!

wkwkwk on the picture I have a folding bike I ride in Jaksel. I've even ridden it at Sentul. It is a faithful companion indeed!

Are you part of Triathlon Buddies on FB?

2015-01-11 10:38 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Extreme Veteran
Jakarta Selatan, Unknown
Subject: RE: Checking in: Happy New Year
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Hi, welcome back!

wkwkwk on the picture I have a folding bike I ride in Jaksel. I've even ridden it at Sentul. It is a faithful companion indeed!

Are you part of Triathlon Buddies on FB?

Hi Yanti, congrats on the big day.

What is going on with the traffic in this city? I am not sure I even landed in the right country. Motorcyclist are everywhere, literally. Not to mention, it seems there is little effect of what traffic regulation do as road users tend to have their own definiton of driving.

At first I was doubtful using the "little" bike as a way for commuting; I did broke one earlier after zig-zagging misterious potholes on the road. After sometime, it is okay. I am able to nimble in the ocean of cars, motorcyles, carts, steet vendors, and parking clerks whos hobby is standing the middle of the road.

Unfortunately, I have not been active on the social media (FB, Tweeter, and so on). It is a part of narcistic theraphy I am enroll in.

Are you in Bali?

N.J.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Checking in: Happy New Year Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Happy New Year from a new member

Started by rstocks3
Views: 697 Posts: 5

2006-01-02 3:18 PM trichic15

Happy new year to you all

Started by richardlaroche
Views: 621 Posts: 6

2006-01-02 11:15 AM richardlaroche

Happy New Year

Started by jmf-tt
Views: 746 Posts: 5

2005-01-03 1:10 AM Ron

Happy New Year!!!!!

Started by elihartnett
Views: 965 Posts: 6

2003-12-29 10:11 PM elihartnett

Happy New Year to all!!

Started by xccoach
Views: 1036 Posts: 3

2003-12-28 11:03 AM Michael
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?

date : March 20, 2007
author : Diane1961
I ponder my training. Should I have trained differently? Should I have trained more? Should I have trained harder? Should I not be wearing a sail?
date : January 3, 2007
author : acbadger
Do you want to jump-start your New Year’s weight-loss resolution?? Then here is what it's time to do…TRAIN FOR A TRIATHLON!! Part I of a monthly series.

date : January 1, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
With the coming of the New Year, athletes commonly think about making nutrition resolutions. Good thing, given only 3 to 4% of Americans follow all of the established Dietary Guidelines.
date : January 29, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
To help implement your resolutions (or those of your friends and family members), I recommend the following books, most of which are written by nutrition experts: registered dietitians (RD).

date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.