General Discussion Triathlon Talk » U.S. Masters Swim Team - Southern Maryland Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-17 10:42 AM

Subject: U.S. Masters Swim Team - Southern Maryland
The Potomac Raiders Masters is a great opportunity to improve your swim. Some of our members join our program for fitness, while others train for local meets, triathlons or open water competition. All of us enjoy the social aspects of hanging out with others who enjoy swimming.

We offer structured coached workouts throughout the year and emphasis fitness, conditioning and stroke mechanics. Our swimming abilities range from beginning lap swimmers to college athletes.

We invite you to come swim with us.

2015-11-18 5:46 AM
in reply to: Timdcook

User image

New user

Subject: RE: U.S. Masters Swim Team - Southern Maryland
I am a beginner who has taken lessons a couple times, swam for fun all my life, never competitively...Ive done one Triathlon, the last DC Tri and completed the swim portion by going from kayak to kayak almost until I finished. Would love to get with a group and truly learn and grow comfortable with open water swimming. How can I hook up with you guys...are you done for the season?

Thanks
2016-06-21 7:31 AM
in reply to: Timdcook

Hey there! I live in PG County. Whereabouts are you all meeting up to swim? My swimming needs HELP!
2016-06-21 7:38 PM
in reply to: meleahbee

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

While my Masters team is a little too far north (up in Baltimore), I would recommend searching the USMS (US Masters Swimming) web site:

http://www.usms.org/placswim/?utm_campaign=top_nav&utm_medium=local_programs

Good luck!

2016-08-12 2:00 PM
in reply to: meleahbee

Hey there,

I'm in PG County as well and have found an OWS with Wave One Swimming. They have 2 spots they usually swim, one being at the National Harbor (in the Potomac). Google Wave One Swimming for more info. There is also Cross Currents which has a couple of more OWS in the Annapolis area before their season is over. Here's their info: http://www.crossingcurrentsaquatics.com/open-water-team/
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » U.S. Masters Swim Team - Southern Maryland Rss Feed