Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2006-08-24 12:32 PM
in reply to: #520809

Master
Colorado
Subject: RE: Funny gym sightings...
The Mac - 2006-08-24 12:09 PM

Ladies, (applicable to the South Beach crowd) congratulations on your plastic surgery.  If your operating physician were present I would give him a high five.  However, there are plenty of therapists available with whom you can work out your very small self esteem.  You don't need to wear toddler sized sports bras to show off you $6000 boob job in order to garnish the attention that you were apparently lacking as a child.  The "if you got it, flaunt it" phase died in the 80's.  You and everyone else has gotten similar work.  For some of us men, we are more impressed with those who are proud of what god gave em to begin with.

OK...flame off.

Ladies, allow me to assure you that "The Mac" (while I'm sure a wonderful person) does not speak for all of us.  Feel free to flaunt your low self esteem as much as you like.  In fact, you can flaunt your high self esteem too...

2006-08-24 1:34 PM
in reply to: #520948

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2006-08-24 1:35 PM
in reply to: #519389

Extreme Veteran
New Haven, CT
It's been ten years, but nothing can top Speedo guy.

My college gym had 1 1/10 mile indoor track. All the aerobic machines faced it.

A man who was 1) 70+ 2) under 5' 3) potbellied and 4) wookie-like would come up from the pool (in another building!) still wet, in his speedo, and barefoot, and do laps. Ew.
2006-08-31 10:20 AM

Elite
San Jose, CA
Ok...I was a PT at the YMCA for about 4 years...I have many stories from peopel trying to run on a treadmill in heels to a man forgetting that he wasn't wearing his pants when he walked out of the locker room.

But there was one guy who would come into the gym wearing white spandex, it was so tight that even without sweat it was see through. As the male PT on duty, it was my job to ask him to leave the gym as many people were complaining. When I approached him, he became irate.
A few days later, another gentleman came in and was wearing running shorts. He hopped on the rowing machine...unfortunately, he wasn't wearing anything under the running shorts and from the front of the room you could see that he was anotomically correct. He was also about 70+ and most of us didn't want to know he was anotomically correct.
2006-08-31 10:34 AM

Elite
Reno
I was recently staying at the Nugget in Reno and walked by the fitness room - there was a woman on the elliptical in high healed sandles (very cute with wrapping straps up the calf) working out....  
2006-08-31 11:08 AM
in reply to: #527715

Expert
Houston, TX
bootygirl - 2006-08-31 10:34 AM

I was recently staying at the Nugget in Reno and walked by the fitness room - there was a woman on the elliptical in high healed sandles (very cute with wrapping straps up the calf) working out....  

Very nice. The last time I ran at the park there was a group of 3 women "power walking" that had on WAY too much make up hair spray. I just wonder if they know that everyone within a 5 mile radius knows that they are trying to pick up guys?

2006-08-31 1:16 PM

Master
State of Confusion
The lone dude in Jazzercise...that is some funny stuff!
2006-08-31 4:54 PM

Regular
NW Indiana
There is a woman that uses the elliptical machines at the local Y and wears large leather gardening gloves every time.

In college, one of the aerobics instructors looked more like a body builder. He always wore white spandex shorts and you could see everything through them. He always did a really long stretching session at the end, which was not pretty.
2006-08-31 5:28 PM

Elite
Texas

Daily sighting: Guys doing with bicep curls with twice the weight I curl by throwing their legs, a$$, abs, and shoulders into each rep... looking like they're having a freakin' seizure to complete each of their 4 reps. And then they slam the dumbells into the rack and flex their noodle arms in the mirror.

2006-09-01 8:06 AM

Pro
Libertyville, IL
I have a guy at my gym who is a dead ringer for the actor that plays Socrates in Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure.  Kinda chuckle at that when I see him. 
2006-09-01 8:13 AM

Pro
Pittsburgh, my heart is in Glasgow
"The lone dude in Jazzercise...that is some funny stuff!"

--I must make a note here. One of the founders of Jazzercise is a professor at my university!! I've had him for Tai Chi and for core toning. Apparently, he's a well regarded member of the dance community, and overall, a pretty nice, easy going guy. But who knew?

"have a guy at my gym who is a dead ringer for the actor that plays Socrates in Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure. Kinda chuckle at that when I see him. "

--SO-CRATES!

2006-09-01 8:28 AM

Extreme Veteran
Munich, Germany
well there are plenty of weirdos at my gym... but the funniest are the ones that are trying to get a parking spot right infront of the door... they'll yell at each other and almost start a fight for those stupid parking spots... doesn't make much sense to me... you go to the gym to exercise but you don't want to walk 5 meters to get there?
2006-09-01 8:38 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2006-09-01 2:05 PM
in reply to: #528527

Master
State of Confusion

phoenixazul - 2006-09-01 8:13 AM "The lone dude in Jazzercise...that is some funny stuff!" --I must make a note here. One of the founders of Jazzercise is a professor at my university!! I've had him for Tai Chi and for core toning. Apparently, he's a well regarded member of the dance community, and overall, a pretty nice, easy going guy. But who knew? "have a guy at my gym who is a dead ringer for the actor that plays Socrates in Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure. Kinda chuckle at that when I see him. " --SO-CRATES!

Yeah, but my guy clearly is cruising for chicks and can't dance. :-)

2006-09-01 2:29 PM

Elite
San Jose, CA
do you mean So Crates. Does Bill the Kid come in too?

Edited by runningwoof 2006-09-01 2:30 PM
2006-09-02 9:07 PM

Extreme Veteran
Funniest thing to me is someone who has a casual conversation on thier cell phone while working out at level 1 on the elliptical.

Kind of a hijack, but this is hysterical.

One day, I was next to a gentleman on a treadmill. We were going about the same pace, so I deciced to use him as my "rabbit". All of the sudden he stopped, and proceeded to gather his things to leave. Without thinking, I blurted out, " Don't stop, I am not quite finished."

He looked at me, winked, and said, " Trust me, you are the only woman who has ever said THAT to me." And then he just walked off.

I almost fell off my treadmill laughing.

2006-09-06 12:32 AM

Veteran
san francisco, ca

Like many others, this is more of a "person" situation than an actual event. 

There's this couple that's at just about every evening spin class.  Always in the front row, pretty much dead center.  He shows up early and puts her seat cushion on.  Then he leaves.  Then she arrives.

She is big hair.  Big, curly hair.  That she wears DOWN!  IT's down to her butt!  The spin room is HOT.  I don't know how or why she wears her hair down, but it's given her the very obvious nickname, Big Hair.  She's also skinny & fake boobed & has whatever crap people are putting in their lips to make them larger. 

He looks like he kind of wants to be a tough guy, like a tough motorcyclist.  Has a moustache, kind of big, little overweight.  Nothing too crazy.

It's funny b/c my fiance & I didn't go to the same classes for a while, but we talked about  "Big Hair."  Then we finally went to the same class & we were talking about the same person.

Ok, not that funny.  But if you're ever in my area, come with me to spinning to see Big Hair.

2006-09-06 4:22 AM
in reply to: #528527

Master
Lexington, Kentucky

phoenixazul - 2006-09-01 8:13 AM "The lone dude in Jazzercise...that is some funny stuff!" --I must make a note here. One of the founders of Jazzercise is a professor at my university!! I've had him for Tai Chi and for core toning. Apparently, he's a well regarded member of the dance community, and overall, a pretty nice, easy going guy. But who knew? "have a guy at my gym who is a dead ringer for the actor that plays Socrates in Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure. Kinda chuckle at that when I see him. " --SO-CRATES!

heh - just watched that again the other day.  Dust! Wind! Dude!

I was the only male in a stability ball class. I was a bit self-conscious at first, but I got over it. 

2006-09-06 4:54 AM

Veteran
Peoria AZ

I get a kick out of the guys who slide into the pool, watch me swim a few laps (usually on my 20th or so by that time) and then decide to mock race me on one length of the pool (25y).  As I keep up with them for the first few strokes I think to myself "Do you feel lucky punk....well do ya"...and then I realize I quickly have to decide if I'm going to give the extra effort or let the guy feel good about how "fast" he can swim.  After all, the 25y doesn't last for very long so it doesn't give me much of a chance to decide.

Factors for a loss for them...if they have a hot chick they walked in with, their muscles are obviously bigger than their brains, they have shorts vs. speedo on, and no goggles.  If they meet any of that criteria they are asking to lose...anyone else and I might take to long to decide to race or not...and then there are those who just can't cut the mustard even with their best attempts.

Oh, and I've seen some gals do it too.  I useually try and make those a tie but more often than not they are the good swimmers and I actually stand the chance of loosing.  Those encounters are always more interesting!

2006-09-06 3:48 PM
in reply to: #531819

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Casey Shaw - 2006-09-06 5:54 AM

I get a kick out of the guys who slide into the pool, watch me swim a few laps (usually on my 20th or so by that time) and then decide to mock race me on one length of the pool (25y).  As I keep up with them for the first few strokes I think to myself "Do you feel lucky punk....well do ya"...and then I realize I quickly have to decide if I'm going to give the extra effort or let the guy feel good about how "fast" he can swim.  After all, the 25y doesn't last for very long so it doesn't give me much of a chance to decide.

Factors for a loss for them...if they have a hot chick they walked in with, their muscles are obviously bigger than their brains, they have shorts vs. speedo on, and no goggles.  If they meet any of that criteria they are asking to lose...anyone else and I might take to long to decide to race or not...and then there are those who just can't cut the mustard even with their best attempts.

Oh, and I've seen some gals do it too.  I useually try and make those a tie but more often than not they are the good swimmers and I actually stand the chance of loosing.  Those encounters are always more interesting!

Oh!  I so had this happen to me.  I am not the greatest swimmer. But, about 800M into my workout in a 15M pool, this guy gets into the lane next me and just eyes me.  You could tell it was on.  He was basically trying to kick my butt, which he did for 2 lengths of the pool, but then I just kept going.  It was great seeing him huffing and puffing after 2 lengths.  Definitely drove me to get a better workout!

This didn't really happen at the gym, but during my run.  I was running up the block, and this guy comes out of his apartment obviously dressed to go running.   He had a medium build, but the shorts he was wearing just threw his body out of proportion and left nothing to the imagination.  It almost seemed as if it was leading him down the street.  Anyway, he starts running in the same direction up the block ahead of me.  I'm trying not to crack up and then this family with two kids is walking the opposite direction down the same block.  The whole family, and I mean even the kids were staring at it.  I tried so hard not to laugh, but it was all over when I saw the kids staring and the mother trying not to laugh.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Funny gym sightings... Rss Feed  

of 2