General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Zwift Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-01-29 7:45 AM

User image

Regular
, Ohio
Subject: Zwift
Just curious if anyone here is Beta testing Zwift? I received an invite today and am interested what you all think of it?

http://www.zwift.com/what-is-it

2015-01-29 7:46 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Zwift
Originally posted by lanzodt

Just curious if anyone here is Beta testing Zwift? I received an invite today and am interested what you all think of it?

http://www.zwift.com/what-is-it

it's amazing :-)

every time I used it was supposed to be for a recovery/easy ride and they never ended up easy

Edited by marcag 2015-01-29 7:47 AM
2015-01-29 7:56 AM
in reply to: lanzodt

User image

Master
Washington, DC Metro

See now that just looks cool.  Trainer Road and Sufferfest only give you so much competitive motivation.  I'd like to get in on this.

2015-01-29 7:57 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cypress, TX

Signed up for the beta on day one.  But I'm a Mac user with a Wahoo KICKR and not the demographic of the last couple months of beta testing.  Saw the developer post on ST earlier that they're working on the Mac stuff now. 

2015-01-29 8:47 AM

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

That looks very cool.  Fun and a good tool to help push harder during indoor rides.  I've applied for the download.

2015-01-29 5:35 PM

User image

Regular
, Ohio
Hmmm... You know you're an engineer when you prefer the structured workout that Maximum Trainer provides compared to the interactive ride that Zwift accomplishes. In all seriousness though, I liked Zwift because I did find myself pushing harder and harder every lap but I feel like I can't set a good structure to follow because I will be peer pressured to push harder. I think I will be sticking to Maximum Trainer so I can watch the data and my favorite movie :P

2015-02-21 3:27 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Raleigh, North Carolina

I signed up for the beta testing and awaiting the invite.  Friends in the Roanoke, Va area ride this almost every day and have a ball.  My plan was to do Zwift ride over the weekend for weekly long ride with the winter training plan ... we'll see once I get the invite.

2015-02-21 6:45 PM
in reply to: GMAN 19030

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cypress, TX

Got my Mac user invite a couple of days ago.  Haven't had time to try it yet.  Plan to play with it tomorrow.

2015-02-21 7:08 PM
in reply to: GMAN 19030

User image

New user
Green Bay, WI
I'm on it. I think it has tons of potential. It's fun but it needs some music or something to keep you pumped up. It's better than just watching tv however.
2015-02-21 7:24 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

I've been on it for about a month.  I earned a metric century jersey.  Time to get the imperial jersey.  Be sure to join the FB page for meetups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/zwiftriders/

2015-02-23 8:49 AM
in reply to: GAUG3

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by GAUG3

I've been on it for about a month.  I earned a metric century jersey.  Time to get the imperial jersey.  Be sure to join the FB page for meetups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/zwiftriders/

Mygoal for next month is to get the metric jersey.  It's going to take a lot to get me motivated for the 100 mile jersey on the trainer.

2015-03-11 9:24 AM

User image

Master
I'm late to the game but so far I am pretty impressed. I am using a Mac with a Powertap. I am still using structured workouts with Coach Troy and a Spinerval video running at the same time. I haven't done a "race" and simply go with just ride. Today I did Spinerval 23 #1 which is 7 x 90" intervals FTP+ on 90 sec rest. Oddly some other riders stayed behind me and must have been doing a similar ride. I think it has a lot of coaching potential especially if riders could be handicapped by FTP.

I found out about the game from a local rider who posted a Facebook video of himself crashing on rollers while racing during the game. I gave it a try and agree it is completely engaging for me.
2015-03-11 9:47 AM
in reply to: pschriver

User image

Extreme Veteran

Originally posted by pschriver I'm late to the game but so far I am pretty impressed. I am using a Mac with a Powertap. I am still using structured workouts with Coach Troy and a Spinerval video running at the same time. I haven't done a "race" and simply go with just ride. Today I did Spinerval 23 #1 which is 7 x 90" intervals FTP+ on 90 sec rest. Oddly some other riders stayed behind me and must have been doing a similar ride. I think it has a lot of coaching potential especially if riders could be handicapped by FTP. I found out about the game from a local rider who posted a Facebook video of himself crashing on rollers while racing during the game. I gave it a try and agree it is completely engaging for me.

I do my prescribed workouts while Zwift is running.  I'm just waiting for one of the intervals to line up with the sprint segment or KOM.  So tempting to hammer during the rest interval or recovery when I see a group roll by me.  I think this is good training to keep myself from getting caught in the hype during race days. 

2015-03-11 9:58 AM
in reply to: GAUG3

User image

Master
Originally posted by GAUG3

Originally posted by pschriver I'm late to the game but so far I am pretty impressed. I am using a Mac with a Powertap. I am still using structured workouts with Coach Troy and a Spinerval video running at the same time. I haven't done a "race" and simply go with just ride. Today I did Spinerval 23 #1 which is 7 x 90" intervals FTP+ on 90 sec rest. Oddly some other riders stayed behind me and must have been doing a similar ride. I think it has a lot of coaching potential especially if riders could be handicapped by FTP. I found out about the game from a local rider who posted a Facebook video of himself crashing on rollers while racing during the game. I gave it a try and agree it is completely engaging for me.

I do my prescribed workouts while Zwift is running.  I'm just waiting for one of the intervals to line up with the sprint segment or KOM.  So tempting to hammer during the rest interval or recovery when I see a group roll by me.  I think this is good training to keep myself from getting caught in the hype during race days. 

I fell into a pace line in at least half of my rest intervals today. I pushed a little harder to stay in line but I really didn't have to hammer. It really kept my rest pretty consistent and kept me from getting lazy during the rest.
2015-04-19 10:25 AM
in reply to: pschriver

User image

Master
I got a beta invite last week and I've become addicted to it. I echo marcag's comments - hard to stay disciplined on your rides. It is certainly a neat way to ride and it is inspiring me to get a new computer / tv setup for my pain cave. Seems like it would be much more immersive on something besides a MacBook Air.

I was lucky enough to wear the green jersey yesterday (3 faster riders left the island and I vaulted into the lead) and it was surprisingly cool. Really have to work on my climb so I can get closer to the polka dot jersey leaders.

Can't wait for other courses in the future. Race features will be neat as well. They will always struggle though with people cheating the system (virtual power configured wrong or people entering erroneous weight, etc.).

I will definitely consider plunking down the $10 per month. If they come out with workouts like Trainerroad I will probably drop that subscription. I have been using TR all winter and Zwift has given new energy to my indoor rides.
2015-04-19 10:36 AM

User image

Regular
Pueblo, Colorado
The handful of times I've been on have been fun. I too found that it was a bit harder not to jump in and ride a bit harder, even when it's supposed to be an easy day. I think there is a huge potential with this program. Imagine being able to select an Ironman or TdF course and ride that in your basement!.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Zwift Rss Feed