GUTS
45F / 7C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 39m 2s
Overall Rank = 73/323
Age Group = male 39
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Never been here before so I left the arrive at 715AM (race started at 830). Was about an hour from the house so it worked out fine. Checked in - bathroom - sat in warm care and ate an orange and an apple and coffee and water. I had to pee again (thanks coffee) right before the race started
Event warmup:

ran from port o potty to starting line then they counted down and we took off
Run
  • 1h 39m 2s
  • 11.5 miles
  • 08m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

this group of runners (the GUTS people - mostly ultra folk) are a good bunch of people. No jostling or people running over you - lots of excuse me and watch out for the root. I didnt have a goal for the race going in - just to have fun (which I did). I am glad I came through with no injuries and not an embarassing time considering the limited runnigng I have been doing.
What would you do differently?:

nothing really - i ran a good race and added to the t-shirt collection.- they also had an engraved flat inron bottle opener as a piece of swag. Nice
Post race
Warm down:

sweet potato chips , homemade vegetarian chilli , corn bread, hot chocolate - very nice. Oh , and I stretched some too.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

not being familiar with the course. I dont run with a watch or a garmin so I didnt really know where I was on the course. I just tried to keep an even pace throughout - even with the hills

Event comments:

Liked it - hopefully will make the signup next year (it sold out in less than a day)

Last updated: 2014-11-03 12:00 AM
Running
01:39:02 | 11.5 miles | 08m 37s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 73/323
Performance: Good
Course: a mostly single track course up and around red top mountain and lake allatoona. for being on red top mountain there were some elevation changes but nothing that one would confuse with a mountain. the paths were for the most part very nice and long stretches were covered in pine needles which was like running on pillows. the end is a little cruel as you run past the parking lot and finish line , can smell the chilli and food but have to loop down and away before coming back to finsih
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2015-02-08 9:10 PM

User image

Expert
Alpharetta (until we find a home)
Subject: Red Top Rumble

2015-02-08 10:14 PM
in reply to: #5091725

User image

Extreme Veteran
Acworth, GA
Subject: RE: Red Top Rumble
Today was a fantastic day for Red Top. We couldn't have had better weather.

Nice comment about the start, the off-road/trail community is so laid back and chill which brings me back year after year. One guy did make a comment right when we narrowed onto the road that he was surprised there was no jostling so I bumped him on the shoulder on purpose and said, well there you go, now it feels like a swim start. He got a good laugh at that.

Way to go and get after it.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Red Top Rumble Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Red Top Rumble 11.5 Mile Trail Race

Started by tri_d00d
Views: 2038 Posts: 4

2010-02-08 8:19 PM thecaptin

Started by cadence.king
Views: 1327 Posts: 2

2010-02-07 2:43 PM tri_d00d

Started by atl_runner
Views: 1492 Posts: 3

2009-02-13 11:33 AM alltom1

Started by jonathan22
Views: 1448 Posts: 4

2009-02-10 10:58 AM Sluggo312

Started by cornelius300
Views: 1918 Posts: 5

2009-02-21 4:26 AM brown_dog_us
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 21, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
My foot is now in a tremendous amount of pain, it is swollen, and I can barely walk on it at all, it hurts so much. I am still putting the gel on, taking anti inflammatories, and icing. Help!

date : January 9, 2010
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
Does a degree or two difference between two frames(head and/or seat tube) really make that much of a difference when it comes to fit?
date : August 24, 2009
I sometimes have severe pains on the top of my left foot. It feels like a knife is stabbing my inner foot on the outer portion of my foot. These pains happen mainly at night but not while riding.

date : August 7, 2007
Yesterday I ran 10 miles. At mile 7 it started feeling sore. At mile 9.5 I got a shooting pain and walked the last 1/2 mile. I have a half Ironman to do in a week and a half. What are my chances?