General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Yay! Garmin Connect now has Gear Tracking! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-02-13 10:26 AM

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, NM
Subject: Yay! Garmin Connect now has Gear Tracking!
... just thought I'd pass it along.
IMHO - it should have been a feature a loooong time ago.
But, they have it now and it seems pretty easy to use.

2015-02-13 10:43 AM
in reply to: RockTractor

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ
Subject: RE: Yay! Garmin Connect now has Gear Tracking!

The only issue I have with it is the inability to change gear through the mobile app, you have to log into the web version to change from your default equipment choice. I really don't understand why this can't happen through the mobile app? It is not that big of an issue but I am not near a computer on the weekends (only while at work) and I frequently forget to change out shoes in Garmin Connect if I ran in something other than my default Solanas on Fri, Sat or Sun. 

2015-02-13 11:22 AM
in reply to: thebigb

Originally posted by thebigb

The only issue I have with it is the inability to change gear through the mobile app, you have to log into the web version to change from your default equipment choice. I really don't understand why this can't happen through the mobile app? It is not that big of an issue but I am not near a computer on the weekends (only while at work) and I frequently forget to change out shoes in Garmin Connect if I ran in something other than my default Solanas on Fri, Sat or Sun. 

Since it's a new feature it's possible they plan on adding it to the mobile app but haven't had a chance to yet
2015-02-13 11:42 AM
in reply to: TriTampa2

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ

Originally posted by TriTampa2
Originally posted by thebigb

Since it's a new feature it's possible they plan on adding it to the mobile app but haven't had a chance to yet

One can only hope. 

2015-02-13 3:10 PM
in reply to: thebigb

User image

Pro

This was one of the primary reasons why I keep cross logging here on BT, as there's been a good gear tracker.  

With 10 pair of running shoes in my rotation... it's been a great feature.  And I can still use it when I switched from Garmin to Suunto.

The Strava gear tracker is far too limited.  i.e. you cannot add mileage to shoes outside of the uploaded runs. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Yay! Garmin Connect now has Gear Tracking! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Garmin Connect Calorie Tracking

Started by jlenze
Views: 971 Posts: 2

2013-04-08 9:54 PM smithat05

Anyone else having trouble with Garmin Connect?

Started by wbattaile
Views: 1421 Posts: 6

2011-12-26 11:01 PM wbattaile

Computrainer and Garmin Connect

Started by marcag
Views: 1726 Posts: 1

2009-10-07 10:14 AM marcag

Garmin Connect and Forerunner 305

Started by TriRSquared
Views: 1945 Posts: 5

2008-08-26 9:53 AM TriRSquared

Garmin Connect Rollout Delayed

Started by wingsfan
Views: 2067 Posts: 2

2008-05-19 9:38 PM Rowdy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 12, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
In this review, we put the Garmin Forerunner 405 and the Suunto T6C heart-rate and GPS watches through the wringers.

date : March 26, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Instructions on how to directly upload routes from your Garmin training device into your training logs.
date : March 20, 2007
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 3
Provided one was proficient in setting up the different functions of the Lap Track, I think that a short-course triathlete would benefit most from this, since it only records splits up to 50 laps.