General Discussion Race Reports! » Fort Lauderdale A1A Publix Marathon/Half-Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Fort Lauderdale A1A Publix Marathon/Half-Marathon - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
United States
exclusive sports
48F / 9C
Total Time = 1h 51m 30s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Ate toast and coffee. Drove to site with Richard, Irma and my Uncle. Port a potty and then to the corral. It was cold for us thin blooded floridians at 44 degrees. Very little wind. Knew I was overdressed but I didn't care. I hate being cold!
Event warmup:

None. Irma and I Stood in our garbage bags talking.
Run
  • 1h 51m 30s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 31s  min/mile
Comments:

Ran with Irma. Started slow finished strong. I believe I could have pushed it more but hung with my buddy. Look forward to pushing the next one - a trail run. My last 13.1 road race was 2:12 - did it on a whim unprepared. My 13.1 PR is at this race -a 1:45. This old lady would like to break that this year or next. Feel good about the direction I am headed. Keep moving forward.

Splits: 905,848,836,838,826,826,821,831,818,825,822,809,819
What would you do differently?:

I was comped the race by my friends husband and didn't get my results in the official results as there was a screw up at the expo. I was around 22nd for my age group out of 377.
Post race
Warm down:

Irma and I went right for the beer. Drank several and met my uncle with our warm clothes. Got changed and positioned to see Richard with his 3:16 marathon finish. So awesome.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I ran with my friend and run buddy. I believe I could have pushed it more but maybe that would have backfired. It was a great time running with her. We had a blast. That is what matters :)

Event comments:

This was the 10th anniversary for this race and the 8th time I have done it. It's a local race. Weather is usually great but we have has freezing (40) with sideways rain and 80-90s. The medals are awesome and the finish has beans and rice, burgers (for the carnivores) and BEER. who doesn't like drinking a beer or two at the beach after a hard run?

Profile Album

Last updated: 2015-01-01 12:00 AM
Running
01:51:30 | 13.1 miles | 08m 31s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: Flat except one small bridge. Mostly along a1a with a fee miles in Hugh Birch Park. Some congestion issues due to construction.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2015-02-16 5:33 AM

User image

Master
South Florida
Subject: Fort Lauderdale A1A Publix Marathon/Half-Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Fort Lauderdale A1A Publix Marathon/Half-Marathon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Fort Lauderdale A1A Half Marathon

Started by DickDime
Views: 1250 Posts: 1

2013-01-23 3:00 AM DickDime

Started by Mimir98
Views: 1006 Posts: 1

2012-12-27 10:47 PM Mimir98

Started by eliwashere
Views: 1060 Posts: 2

2012-02-21 5:56 PM Mitchparadise

Fort Lauderdale A1A Publix Marathon/Half-Marathon

Started by psycleridr
Views: 909 Posts: 1

2012-02-20 10:11 AM psycleridr

Fort Lauderdale A1A Publix Marathon/Half-Marathon

Started by
Views: 525 Posts: 1

2012-02-20 10:10 AM
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 30, 2011
comments : 0
How do you incorporate marathon training into a triathlon training plan?

date : May 24, 2010
author : Coach AJ
My question is am I playing with fire entering the half marathon this close to my primary goal for this season which is the HIM?
date : October 13, 2009
I signed up for Ironman Frankfurt, next year July - and I am very excited about it. I originally planned to run my first Marathon in the middle of September, but am not sure if this is wise.

date : April 22, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
After the Marine Corps Marathon, I started developing left lower/lateral leg pain late in my marathon training and pushed through it.
date : November 17, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 7
I just started doing tris this summer and I have two under my belt, both sprints. Is it reasonable to build up for a Oly in early ‘09, with a HIM in Oct of ‘09

date : October 24, 2005
author : mikericci
This program should be used for an athlete whose goal is to run a marathon in the 1:30-2:30 range and has a good running base in the past 8-12 weeks.
date : October 2, 2005
author : smeeko
comments : 2
I will assume you have not run consistently more than 6 miles and have never completed a half-marathon. I believe running your first half-marathon is a big task which requires dedication and work.

date : January 10, 2005
author : ewkfit
My training was taking off. I had never felt stronger. I was making bigger strides than I ever had. I was stronger and faster than I had imagined myself ever being.