General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Where to run in St. Pete Beach? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-02-16 9:41 AM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI
Subject: Where to run in St. Pete Beach?

I'm heading down this weekend and will be staying around 4000 Gulf Blvd.  My plan was to just run Gulf Blvd. but my mom is paranoid because she's been hearing stories about pedestrians getting hit and traffic being aggressive.  I just need a 7-8 mile out and back route (so really only 4 or so miles one way).  I'm working through some foot/ankle issues so road running is preferable (i.e. I can't do that many miles on sand).  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

2015-02-16 8:39 PM
in reply to: noelle1230

Subject: RE: Where to run in St. Pete Beach?
If you head south you aren't far from the don Cesar. Once you pass the don you'll have access to some neighborhoods that are less trafficy than if you head north. Another option would be to head east on the pinellas bayway. The new bridge is steep but it has a wide pedestrian path with a wall between traffic. Once you pass over the bridge you can turn into isla del sol and that is traffic friendly. The causeway heading toward fort desoto is a bit tough on the joint if you are feeling tender

2015-02-23 11:51 AM
in reply to: noelle1230

Regular
Saint Petersburg, FL
Subject: RE: Where to run in St. Pete Beach?
10 minute drive to ft Desoto park and the inside loop of the park (nice bike path protected from traffic) is about 9 miles. easy to get to from St. Pete Beach. I train out there all the time. If the tide is out, run down the beach on the firm sand.

good luck
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Where to run in St. Pete Beach? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Donate sheets/towels for oiled wildlife - St Pete Beach and Sarasota

Started by Renee
Views: 2246 Posts: 1

2010-04-30 11:49 AM Renee

biking Clearwater Beach to St. Pete Beach

Started by newtriguy
Views: 1088 Posts: 5

2009-07-31 11:13 AM newtriguy

OWS in the St-Pete's Beach Clearwater area ?

Started by soloryder
Views: 882 Posts: 3

2008-08-30 5:29 AM ksmith4

Tampa St. pete Clearwater LD OWS

Started by rbschlesinger
Views: 786 Posts: 2

2006-05-31 5:04 PM Lucy

Subaru Women's Tri in St. Pete

Started by NHANLON
Views: 863 Posts: 3

2006-05-15 5:17 PM Renee
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 1, 2009
author : Wooden Bell
comments : 8
A look back at my first triathlon at Parlee Beach.

date : October 7, 2008
author : gczarski
comments : 0
This past spring I realized a few of us were heading in the wrong direction physically. We were getting together for poker games and kids’ birthdays, but that was it.
date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?

date : November 19, 2007
author : mpk
I went down to the beach the day before to scout out the course, and it was glorious...the sun was out, the sea was as smooth as glass, and only a hint of a breeze was blowing. “Perfect,” I thought.
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
One of the more impressive areas to spectate.

date : January 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on St. A's training, diet, strength training during the winter, tri/road bike training, swollen feet, swimming strategy and spinning for IM's.
date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
I’ve signed up to do the St. Anthony’s Olympic Triathlon in April. I will be 49 in May and need some advice on a good training program to fit into my full time work schedule.

date : September 3, 2005
author : joeinco
comments : 6
As a triathlete, there is one acronym that you just can’t fathom ever having next to your name in a race report – DNF: DID NOT FINISH.