General Discussion Triathlon Talk » maybe someone can recommend some new tri shorts Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-02-18 1:27 PM

Subject: maybe someone can recommend some new tri shorts
I have been using the Desoto forza riviera shorts. I am currently in the market for some new shorts and want to know what has a similar chamois? The reason I am looking to find something else is the Desoto's are really tight on my legs. I have contacted them and they said that is how they are on some people. So, I am trying to see if there is something similar anyone recommends or if I should just suck it up and deal with the tightness in the legs. I use them cause I like the thinker pad for the bike, but also that I am still able to run in easily. thanks for any input!

2015-02-19 7:07 AM
in reply to: weiky

User image

Subject: RE: maybe someone can recommend some new tri shorts
I have an awful time finding tri shorts. It is good to know that Desoto is tight through the legs. You may want to avoid TYR, because I have that problem with theirs (plus I hated their chamois). I have been wearing Shebeest, but they stopped making trishorts, so now I need to find something else. I am curious what other people recommend.
2015-02-19 7:26 AM

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Perhaps checkout some Zoot's Performance line of shorts.  I have an older Performance line Trisuit and compared to the De Soto's its not as snug in the legs (I actually prefer the De Soto!).  I don't know how the shorts of today compare though, just a thought.

2015-02-19 8:44 AM
in reply to: Donto

User image

Master
Originally posted by Donto

Perhaps checkout some Zoot's Performance line of shorts.  I have an older Performance line Trisuit and compared to the De Soto's its not as snug in the legs (I actually prefer the De Soto!).  I don't know how the shorts of today compare though, just a thought.

I thought the legs were tight on purpose...compression technology?

I agree, I like them tighter.
2015-02-19 8:59 AM
in reply to: trisuppo

They typically are tighter because of the "compression technology", but I guess I have bigger legs because they feel like a tourniquet. That is why I am looking to see if someone can recommend something with a similar chamois that I can try out.
2015-02-19 9:53 AM

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
I like the Kiwami Prima short. The chamois is not as thick as the DeSoto product but I have worn them for several HIMs and one IM and had no issues. I pretty much wear DeSoto, Kiwami or Pearl Izumi and and am happy with all of them. The leg is a little less compressive with the Kiwami and PI shorts.

Kiwami is a great company and if you ordered a pair of shorts and didn't like them, I am sure they would take care of you. Their web site is not so good, so probably no pics of the chamois, but the product is very nice.

Pearl Izumi shorts often have a pad that is similar in density/construction to the DeSoto pad but usually thinner. I have had good success with them as well.

2015-02-19 9:58 AM
in reply to: wannabefaster

User image

Brooklyn, New York
Hey, I have larger muscular legs for the typical triathlete and love my Zoots
2015-02-19 12:22 PM

User image

Originally posted by weiky

They typically are tighter because of the "compression technology", but I guess I have bigger legs because they feel like a tourniquet. That is why I am looking to see if someone can recommend something with a similar chamois that I can try out.

I get the tourniquet thing, too. Even for things like regular running pants or jeans, if they fit over my thighs, they are huge through the hips and waist. I have just always built muscle in my legs very quickly.

I like a thin, untextured (but not fleece) chamois. What do you folks recommend for that?
2015-02-19 9:25 PM
in reply to: wannabefaster

Originally posted by wannabefaster

I like the Kiwami Prima short. The chamois is not as thick as the DeSoto product but I have worn them for several HIMs and one IM and had no issues. I pretty much wear DeSoto, Kiwami or Pearl Izumi and and am happy with all of them. The leg is a little less compressive with the Kiwami and PI shorts.

Kiwami is a great company and if you ordered a pair of shorts and didn't like them, I am sure they would take care of you. Their web site is not so good, so probably no pics of the chamois, but the product is very nice.

Pearl Izumi shorts often have a pad that is similar in density/construction to the DeSoto pad but usually thinner. I have had good success with them as well.

I wear Desoto and like then. I have wanted to try some Pearl's as I like thier bike jerserys. Which pair of PI are like the Desotos?
2015-02-20 9:54 AM
in reply to: #5094285

User image

Extreme Veteran
Jenison , MI
My all time favorite is oomph shorts. They have a thin jell pad that is great on the bike and not even noticeable on the run. I have large legs and they fit well and not to tight.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » maybe someone can recommend some new tri shorts Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

ladies -- recommend me bike shorts for the trainer

Started by meggfishy
Views: 1075 Posts: 6

2014-01-06 11:58 AM KSH

Someone talk to me about booty cream and new shorts

Started by smurfcore
Views: 981 Posts: 11

2011-06-12 9:47 PM smurfcore

Can someone recommend a good triathlete magazine?

Started by krisko
Views: 913 Posts: 9

2009-09-30 5:56 PM krisko

new tri shorts/swim shorts

Started by tri42
Views: 1615 Posts: 6

2008-12-21 7:47 AM tri42

Need some new tri shorts for training

Started by TH3_FRB
Views: 1181 Posts: 22

2005-01-04 1:24 PM kleinrider
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries

date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.