General Discussion Triathlon Talk » To Marathon, or Not To Marathon - That Is My Dilemma Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2006-08-24 3:37 PM
in reply to: #521099

User image

Expert
Manchester, NH
Subject: RE: To Marathon, or Not To Marathon - That Is My Dilemma
markg72 - 2006-08-24 3:44 PM This is not one of those threads asking, "do you think I can run a marathon". It's not as if I'm saying, "this is my first marathon and my goal is to qualify for Boston"!!
ahem..........................................................................................................................................................{whispering} so, is that a bad thing???? I'm just askin'....for a friend..... yeah, that's it - a friend of mine wants to BQ for his first marathon.....must be out of his freakin' mind,huh?!

2006-08-24 3:51 PM
in reply to: #520470

New user
Subject: RE: To Marathon, or Not To Marathon - That Is My Dilemma
Heck no!!

If you have the confidence and running ability, that's an awesome goal - as long as it's realistic for YOU!! I'm impressed, and can't wait to hear how you do!

I suppose I made that statement somewhat defensively, after it was suggested that I should "just finish" or finish in the time of the "average marathon finish time of 4:30".

Sounds like you and I are similar in our goal-setting. No goal is too high as long as it's realistic for the individual setting it. But I do agree with Runnergirl that I don't want my first mary to be a bad experience. My Dad had a horrible marathon experience when I was young, and never did another. That memory has stuck with me. Trust me, this one will be well though out, planned, and trained-for!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » To Marathon, or Not To Marathon - That Is My Dilemma Rss Feed  

of 2