General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner tri group with OWS - Tampa Bay Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-04-17 10:12 AM

Subject: Beginner tri group with OWS - Tampa Bay
Hi there,

I've only ever done tris with lap pool swims and am registered to do Courage to Tri in August with an OWS. Does anyone know of any beginner-friendly tri training groups with OWS practices? I've looked around and have seen open water swim groups, but don't know if they're fitting for a beginner. Thanks!

2015-04-28 8:02 PM
in reply to: #5108822

Subject: RE: Beginner tri group with OWS - Tampa Bay
Hi -
I don't have an answer for you but I am both new to triathlons and new to the Tampa Bay Area as well. Just moved to Apollo Beach two weeks ago! I did 3 sprint tri's last year in Indiana (1 pool swim, 2 OWS) and would love to find a group that would welcome a newbie like me to the area for some training swims! I'll be following this post if anyone has any leads, thanks in advance!
2015-05-01 1:41 PM
in reply to: michelle259

St Pete Mad Dogs has an open group swim at passe grille on Wednesdays at 6pm. It's not really OWS training but there is a lot of people and experience there. I'm not at OWS level yet but I train with other triathletes at northshore pool Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
2015-05-06 3:08 PM
in reply to: michelle259

Hello!
I am also looking for a group to get together and train. My tri is in July. I have been doing some running and biking and am a strong swimmer but I really need to practice the open water and putting it all together. Please let me know if you find anything out or if you would be interested in starting a group of our own. I have another friend who would also be interested.
2015-05-18 8:09 PM
in reply to: kwhetzel4

User image

Expert
Originally posted by kwhetzel4

Hi -
I don't have an answer for you but I am both new to triathlons and new to the Tampa Bay Area as well. Just moved to Apollo Beach two weeks ago! I did 3 sprint tri's last year in Indiana (1 pool swim, 2 OWS) and would love to find a group that would welcome a newbie like me to the area for some training swims! I'll be following this post if anyone has any leads, thanks in advance!

I use to swim at Little Harbor right out in front of the restaurant. There is some seagrass there but that never bothered me.
2015-06-30 3:35 PM

I'd be interested in this too, since I'm from the area.

2015-07-12 1:19 PM

User image

Apollo Beach, Florida
Hi, I live in Apollo Beach have been out of triathlons for a couple years due to injury, would like to find some people to train with, have you trained with anyone in the area swimming , biking or running? I am interested in training with someone or a group?

Michal
2015-07-12 1:20 PM
in reply to: SGirl

User image

Apollo Beach, Florida
Hi, I live in Apollo Beach have been out of triathlons for a couple years due to injury, would like to find some people to train with, have you trained with anyone in the area swimming , biking or running? I am interested in training with someone or a group?

Michal
2015-07-22 3:02 PM

An update - I've been swimming a few times with a group led by Coach Leo Briceno on Tuesdays at 6pm at Clearwater Beach. We meet at lifeguard station 5. If you're still looking for a group to train with, this is a great one.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner tri group with OWS - Tampa Bay Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Triathlon training groups in Tampa Bay?

Started by Apodysophilic
Views: 1953 Posts: 3

2008-01-23 7:50 PM mtepfer

Tampa Bay Bicycling Meetup Group?

Started by Apodysophilic
Views: 558 Posts: 1

2007-10-08 12:08 PM Apodysophilic

2006 Tampa Bay Marathon...who's up for it? Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by max
Views: 7835 Posts: 221

2006-02-16 11:21 AM Renee

TAMPA BAY AREA BTERS ? group Bike Sunday

Started by sue7013
Views: 1427 Posts: 16

2005-06-11 5:54 PM Lucy

Tampa Bay open swimmers?

Started by Renee
Views: 1793 Posts: 19

2005-04-20 5:00 PM holland
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 27, 2005
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
For most age-group triathletes, getting the most out of there time for quality workouts can be daunting. Think outside the triangle to get a little more.

date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 0
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.