General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dynamic Calendar for workouts? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-05-23 12:31 PM

User image

, Louisiana
Subject: Dynamic Calendar for workouts?
Is there a Desktop/Mobile calendar program/app, for customizing your workouts. I seen a very high end one, probably made for big coaching firms, that gave you the ability to grab a days workout and move it to another day, if you did not accomplish it on the day it was originally scheduled for. I know a mouthful. Hope I explained myself well. I don't think the calendar would have to be Workout specific, maybe a fancy "To-Do List" calendar. I am thinking you can set up a week at a time or a month at a time with 10% increases in volume and have some flexibility on getting that weeks workouts completed.

2015-05-24 7:29 AM
in reply to: jareed58

User image

Durham, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Dynamic Calendar for workouts?
I can build my own workout calendar in movescount and my watch will tell me what my daily workout is (suunto ambit 2s). I don't think you need to own one of their accessories in order to have an account http://www.movescount.com/.

I really like trainingpeaks.com though. I don't think you can actually build your own workouts without being a premium member, but you can buy some made by pro's to follow. Also once you buy a plan you can keep reusing it, and you can edit it all you want. So if you want you can buy a cheap plan and then just edit it to whatever you want.
2015-05-24 7:57 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by jareed58

Is there a Desktop/Mobile calendar program/app, for customizing your workouts. I seen a very high end one, probably made for big coaching firms, that gave you the ability to grab a days workout and move it to another day, if you did not accomplish it on the day it was originally scheduled for. I know a mouthful. Hope I explained myself well. I don't think the calendar would have to be Workout specific, maybe a fancy "To-Do List" calendar. I am thinking you can set up a week at a time or a month at a time with 10% increases in volume and have some flexibility on getting that weeks workouts completed.

If you are good at Excel you can build them there then import them into BT if you have a membership.

Once there you can move them around your calendar

In Excel you can do all kinds of funky stuff for planning. This is what I did for a friend, send him his plans and he loaded them.

Edited by marcag 2015-05-24 7:58 AM
2015-05-24 8:06 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
When I had a silver membership on BT I built/customized my own plans. As I recall, there is the capability to import BT plans or parts of plans (for example, only the bike, or only for one stretch of time) and/or to author your own workouts. You can also move workouts around. I definitely did a lot of the latter as I was importing parts of a plan, and I have really right constraints on when I can do different kinds of workouts due to the heat, traffic, work and pool hours, etc. Not sure if you can set it up to send you a reminder of your workout, but you probably can.

I also have a colleague who does it all on Google Calendar. You can definitely set that up to send you a reminder of your workout.

Edited by Hot Runner 2015-05-24 8:08 AM
2015-05-24 1:50 PM

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Originally posted by jareed58

Premium training peaks accounts for individuals are about $19/mo. Lots of pros, some things folks don't like, but if that's out of your price range you can create a calendar on google calendar and move things around as well.

THere are a number of training apps these days, some more expensive than others. If you know a coach friend and want the account but not the coaching, see if they will add you on for $10/mo to their plan.
2015-05-24 2:54 PM
in reply to: AdventureBear

User image

, Louisiana
Thanks everyone for the info. I have a better starting place in researching this. Movescount and Trainingpeaks, looks promising. I have Excel on my desktop, so I might look into that.

2015-05-26 6:57 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Connecticut
I recommend Triweaver (www.triweaver.com) - it has everything you're looking for, and unlike the other options, it's entirely free! I'm biased, as the owner and creator, but I've been using it myself for a long time and it's really pretty handy. If you have any troubles, drop me a line, I'm here to help.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dynamic Calendar for workouts? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Is LT static or dynamic?

Started by Aikidoman
Views: 928 Posts: 7

2008-03-03 7:01 PM amiine

Dynamic stretching

Started by ecjones_98
Views: 758 Posts: 5

2007-10-10 8:29 PM AdventureBear

First Group Ride...wierd dynamic...

Started by AdventureBear
Views: 1095 Posts: 11

2006-04-19 5:14 PM phoenixazul

Dynamic bike fit with Spinscan

Started by TH3_FRB
Views: 769 Posts: 4

2006-01-12 7:52 PM snoopy

Dynamic Stretching

Started by mscotthall
Views: 510 Posts: 2

2005-11-16 12:24 PM amiine
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 28, 2011
author : juliapurr
comments : 0
Bored out of your mind or watching a movie? Amp it up on the bike trainer.

date : June 18, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 3
Easily transfer your workout data from your Garmin, Polar, Timex and more directly into your BT training log. Eliminate the manual entries. Save time!
date : June 5, 2008
author : mrakes1
By adequately fueling with protein and carbohydrates within 30-minutes post workout, consecutive workouts will be more successful.

date : February 18, 2008
Getting ready for a long workout? Here are some nutritional guidelines on how best to fuel your body in preparation for that long workout.
date : November 20, 2007
Depending on the length of your workout, there are several options to choose for a post-workout snack. Includes 3 smoothy recipes for workouts over 2-3 hours.

date : October 11, 2007
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 2
When we do or don’t use the treadmill is not so much the issue as to how we use it. When is it appropriate to use a treadmill for your workouts?
date : September 18, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
This month, drills make up about 15% of each workout, and we’re continuing intervals. The focus will be on finishing your pull and again, hip rotation.

date : May 21, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
This month, we’re doing slightly fewer drills and slightly more distance. Focus on completing the workouts and notice the changes to your stroke.