Sunny
Total Time = 1h 46m 42s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Athena
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

PBJ toast and green tea latte.

Event warmup:

Wasn't feeling 100%, but did get some swim laps in briefly.
Chatted with LOTs of people. Encouraged Deanna on her first tri. Tried to be positive myself, but not feeling that great. At one point one of my friends said, yep, you aren't feeling great, usually your the one talking us off the ledge. :)
Swim
  • 14m 24s
  • 437 yards
  • 03m 17s / 100 yards
Comments:

I think this was one was worse that the first Tri. I couldn't catch my breath and couldn't get my hr down. i looked up to see all the others in my wave getting ahead of me and then looked back to shore. For a couple of seconds actually considered quitting, then thought no way do I want to swim back to shore and get out in front of all those people so as some BTers would say...say suck it up buttercup....and yes I did...flipped on my back and swam the rest of the way backstoke. Thank goodness I swim pretty straight on my back. Looked up at the sky and thought, wow it's a beautiful day for a swim....think positive! Saw a couple of gals from one and two waves before mine resting with the lifeguards and cheered them on to finish. FINALLY got to where i could stand up and made my way to shore. WHEW! It's all doable from here, no quitting now!
I think the highlight was when I looked down at my watch and saw 14 mins and said...well at least it was better than moses lake...so my backstroke has improved. :)
What would you do differently?:

Not race when sick or not do cold medicine before the race!
Transition 1
  • 02m 59s
Comments:

Just happy to get through the swim without drowning. Some poor man got to listen to me babble on while I transitioned. I don't know what he was doing in the area, maybe a volunteer, but he was in jeans and seemed to be waiting on someone, so he got to listen to me go on. When I was ready to go, I looked at him and said thanks for being here, otherwise I wouldve looked pretty funny talking to myself. :)

Nothing really based on my frame of mind.
Bike
  • 50m 47s
  • 14.29 miles
  • 16.88 mile/hr
Comments:

Awesome and I was glad the route wasn't new to me after my swim. I knew I could get through the bike without the struggles of the swim.
The bike felt fabulous. My cadence was up from prior races, which is good for me. I cheered a lot of gals on, since all the men went b4 the gals didnt' see too many guys. It's so cool when I see smiles on peoples faces. I like to cheer people on, I think it's part of the fun plus it makes it go faster.

Nothing.
Transition 2
  • 01m 34s
Comments:

Things went well here, I at least did not forget to tie my shoes which is what happened recently.

The man I babbled to after the swim was at the entrance of T2, so I greeted him and said the babbler was back. He laughed. :)

nothing.
Run
  • 36m 56s
  • 3.5 miles
  • 10m 33s  min/mile
Comments:

run felt reasonably good. I did get a stich in my side which rarely happens to me. So that wasn't too good. I had to concentrate so hard on looking at the ground to make sure I wouldn't sprain and ankle on the uneven terrain that the run went fairly quickly.

Chatted with a guy wearing a hawaian shirt for awhile. he, another guy and a gal all train together and they actually race together. They wait for one another in the transisitions. I thought that was pretty cool. The run seemed really easy for the guys, but they stayed with their 'teammate'. Due to the waves and how they were divied up the guys actually had to wait almost 20 minutes in transition for the gal...Pretty amazing!

Nothing.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Being Sick.

Event comments:

Swim got started late by about 20 minutes. Overall thought they did a good job.

PICTURES:
1) from l->r tina, me, Blake (his first tri),Vinette,Lisa.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2006-08-21 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:14:24 | 437 yards | 03m 17s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
one word on HR -> skyrocket
Suit:
Course: Water was awesome feeling. Was a BEAUTIFUL day.
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Bad Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Bad Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:59
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:50:47 | 14.29 miles | 16.88 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Wind:
Course: couple of small grade hills, but they weren't new to me.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 82
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:34
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:36:56 | 03.5 miles | 10m 33s  min/mile
Performance:
Course: Grassy field, some pavement. BUMPY
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2006-08-27 12:54 PM

User image

Veteran
North Bend, WA
Subject: Lake Sammamish Tri

2006-08-30 12:23 PM
in reply to: #523220

User image

Expert
Issaquah, WA,
Subject: RE: Lake Sammamish Tri
You got to have your green tea latte! Great job racing even though you weren't feeling well.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lake Sammamish Tri Rss Feed