General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Thoughts on De Soto Sport T1 Wetsuit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-05-31 3:30 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Thoughts on De Soto Sport T1 Wetsuit
Hi BTers..

I am in the market for my first wetsuit. Tried on a Blue Seventy Fushion full sleeve and was pretty warm in mid 60 temperature water when I wore it for a 1.5 mile swim last Friday. There is a short sleeve version too that I will probably try.

Doing some research there are lots of people who rave about the De Soto Sport T1 wetsuit:

https://www.desotosport.com/category/wetsuits

It's a 2 piece - bottom is a bjorn and top is either a full sleeve or sleeveless. Only 2-piece suit out there and seems quite innovative - varying thickness of rubber to prop your legs up. I like the versatility of the full/sleeveless top, but there don't seem to be any retailers that carry it. They all carry the big name brands.

I live in NW Chicago and will be doing Racine HIM, Pleasant Prairie Olympic and a few other local sprints. I have heard Racine swim can be cold (mid 50's last year) but maybe that was an usually cold year. My T-Pace for the Racine swim is 1:30/100 yard.

Any thoughts/guidance on the De Soto T1 is appreciated.

Thx!

2015-05-31 5:39 PM
in reply to: sdienhart

Master
, California
Subject: RE: Thoughts on De Soto Sport T1 Wetsuit

Well, I'll just say - don't worry about ordering from them.  They have a 15-day trial period once you receive a wetsuit.  You can use it in the water.  If you don't like it, they'll exchange for a better size or refund you no questions asked.  Also they'll do repairs for free, for as long as you own it, if you buy the wetsuit from them.

Email Emilio or any of the guys at De Soto - they are super helpful with any questions.

2015-05-31 6:33 PM
in reply to: #5119321

User image

Durham, North Carolina
I haven't used it personally but they are supposed to have an AMAZING return policy/satisfaction guarantee. I have their tri shorts and now I can't wear any others because theirs are so good.

Hopefully someone will chime in with a useful review for you.
2015-05-31 7:44 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

New user

Thanks. I emailed them 10 minutes ago (yes, it's Sunday night) and Tracey responded already - pretty impressive!
2015-05-31 8:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cypress, TX

Love my Desoto T1.  I have the First Wave bibjohn, the Concept 5 pullover, and Speedvest if I want to go sleeveless.  The tops and bottoms are different sizes so I like the mix and match feature.

2015-06-01 11:45 AM

I have a T1 First Wave bib and pull over. I love it. It takes a little getting used to with how you put it on and line everything up. Emilio has a great video to show you what to do. Once you get it right the suit rocks. I'm now wanting to get a speedvest as well to round out the kit. I use Desoto for wetsuits and race kit alike. Best damn customer service i've ever encountered and the stuff is top notch. What other company are you going to get the CEO to personally give you size recommendations?? Emilio is a legend for a reason!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Thoughts on De Soto Sport T1 Wetsuit Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

De Soto T1 Water Rover

Started by donzisteve
Views: 7300 Posts: 9

2010-03-02 1:24 PM Gritty

De Soto Sport - Need sizing advice for ladies tri top

Started by irondreams
Views: 1225 Posts: 7

2008-09-21 8:36 AM JohnnyKay

De Soto Wetsuit

Started by KathyG
Views: 1934 Posts: 21

2008-06-12 11:56 AM KathyG

Wetsuit tip from Emilio De soto

Started by Marvarnett
Views: 988 Posts: 2

2007-03-21 10:18 AM VanCityJ

A Wetsuit Tip from Emilio De Soto.

Started by Emilio
Views: 4226 Posts: 22

2012-05-06 8:25 AM joematt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 17, 2008
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
In part 3 of this series on mid-range fullsuits, we review the Neo Sport Sprint fullsuit for comfort, warmth, buoyancy and performance.

date : October 7, 2008
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
In part 2 of this series on mid-range fullsuits, we review the De Soto Black Pearl Bibjohn & Pullover combination for comfort, warmth, buoyancy and performance.
date : June 4, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Don't know how to setup your triathlon transition area? We cover everything from wetsuit tips, bike check, nutrition, shoes, equipment placement to actual race day execution.