Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Woodstock Race Report June 6 Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2015-06-07 8:14 AM

User image

Subject: Woodstock Race Report June 6
This is the first time I've ever done a race in June. I was leery doing one so early in the season but it went well.

This race is in a great location. It's in the country so it's a pretty drive getting there. It's a bit out of the way. The water was 20 C which is pretty incredible for this early. It is a nice big site but the parking is crowded and it is a pain getting in and out. As always, I wished there were more Johnnys. There were lots of volunteers. The only log jam was the line up for picking up the race kit which was really long. I'm not sure what was the holdup. We got wrist bands for bike identification and they were checked well which I really appreciated. It didn't hold things us getting in and out of transition. The swim was out on the reservoir which only had a little chop despite pretty brisk winds. The bottom was sandy, the water was brown. It was wide so there was no more than the usual jostling. The bike was fine, rolling hills with no big grades. We used up the whole road. I was surprised that there was not more traffic. There was only one car that I encountered that was rolling along, trapped with the bikers and I got by it with little risk. The run was mostly gravel, through trees and over the dam which was very pretty. The post race was a little slow. It took a long time to get through the awards. My feelings are that the men and women for each group should be called up at the same time to speed things up. The food was good: pizza, oranges, bananas. The line for food was long.

Overall: I'd recommend this race if you're considering an early race. It has warm water, good bike and run, and is well organized.

2015-06-08 3:56 PM
in reply to: b2run

User image

Oakville
Subject: RE: Woodstock Race Report June 6

I did the Woodstock Sprint on Saturday as well.  Although it was a little windy and made the first 300 m of the swim a little choppy, I thought the weather was perfect.

A big shout out to MSC for another excellent event (despite the awards and draw prizes dragging on a little too long).

2015-06-08 7:22 PM
in reply to: #5120889

User image

This is a great race and venue. Hick ups happen along the way and as a first of the season great job MSC. We missed you John :-)
2015-06-09 11:40 AM
in reply to: b2run

Veteran
London, Ontario
As you might know I was not able to attend the race due to some health issues. I can tell you that we always have called up the men and women from the same age group in order to move things along. Steve would have known this but it seems our announcer was not briefed about that. My apologies for the lengthy awards. It does seem that aside from that everyone had a good day with us.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Woodstock Race Report June 6 Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Woodstock Pages: 1 2

Started by mgalanter
Views: 3255 Posts: 41

2011-06-14 1:13 PM marvintpa

Anyone Racing Milton on June 5th?

Started by nerak11
Views: 2538 Posts: 20

2011-06-06 5:07 PM NOTIMETOTRAIN

Woodstock

Started by dermoski
Views: 2135 Posts: 17

2010-06-10 11:58 AM dermoski

race report

Started by ff_jeff
Views: 986 Posts: 3

2010-03-30 11:37 AM tabbs

new race report for Muskoka lol

Started by ff_jeff
Views: 853 Posts: 2

2009-12-16 6:51 AM wired
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 27, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 8
A middle-of-the-pack triathlete takes on the iron distance for the first time at Rev3's inaugural full distance race

date : July 23, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 2
See the Musselman, Mini-Mussel, the ITU Race and the Mussel Kids race video feeds, race reports and pictures.
date : June 6, 2007
comments : 4
Coverage of the entire Mooseman Triathlon Festival with race video feeds, race reports and pictures.

date : July 2, 2006
author : susietri
comments : 6
Race report for my first sprint triathlon in which I tell the tale of panic and redemption.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 0
The toll of fate strikes as those with orange swim caps are beckoned to begin the journey. Ahhh, nothing like the feel of ice cold water seeping in your wetsuit to wake you up. GO!

date : April 21, 2005
comments : 1
How to use our detailed online race log to track your season and progress.
date : October 17, 2004
author : jhealy422
comments : 0
My sister warned me about being used as a launch ramp by faster swimmers but much to my surprise I was the one swimming over those in front of me. I went around one woman, then another.

date : August 31, 2004
comments : 38
Know how to get around BT. Some essentials on emails, passwords, pictures, login problems and more.