General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Black Diamond Tri/Bike Rental Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-06-15 12:36 PM

User image

Veteran
Overland Park, KS
Subject: Black Diamond Tri/Bike Rental
I am visiting Seattle in Sept with no set agenda while I am there. So of course I looked up triathlons while I'm out there and came up with the Black Diamond Triathlon. Has anyone done this triathlon before? Do you recommend it? Also, are there places nearby I could rent a bike?

2015-06-15 7:25 PM
in reply to: crazylife99

User image

Subject: RE: Black Diamond Tri/Bike Rental
Originally posted by crazylife99

I am visiting Seattle in Sept with no set agenda while I am there. So of course I looked up triathlons while I'm out there and came up with the Black Diamond Triathlon. Has anyone done this triathlon before? Do you recommend it? Also, are there places nearby I could rent a bike?

I've registered for the Black Diamond tri, and know several others that have registered. I haven't done it before, but I've ridden the bike course and friends have given me advice. So, this is second-hand - others will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong.

Swim: The water in Deep lake is cold - you will probably want a wet suit.

Bike: It is a two-lap course that is reasonable flat (at least for the Seattle area). It's on country roads with relatively wide shoulders for most of the route.

Run: Mostly flat except for a couple out-and-return detours up hills.

The closest bike shop is Northwest tri-and-bike (http://www.northwesttriandbike.com). I don't know if they rent bikes, but they are good folks and can probably point you in the right direction.

2015-06-16 12:41 PM
in reply to: crazylife99

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: Black Diamond Tri/Bike Rental

Where are you staying? What size bike would you need?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Black Diamond Tri/Bike Rental Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Black Diamond Tri

Started by dilletaunt
Views: 702 Posts: 2

2012-08-31 5:24 PM cnsegura

Black Diamond Half Iron

Started by twocougz
Views: 1583 Posts: 10

2008-09-15 10:40 PM twocougz

Black Diamond Tri Pages: 1 2

Started by tek8807
Views: 2874 Posts: 27

2007-09-27 7:00 PM deashipp

Black Diamond

Started by swbkrun
Views: 1191 Posts: 3

2006-10-06 7:24 AM Novo

Black Diamond Tri - Seattle, WA

Started by jmeyers
Views: 1498 Posts: 5

2005-09-25 5:15 PM magic
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : April 12, 2011
comments : 0
How should I be shifting gears on the front chainring and the rear cogs to cope with hills?
date : April 13, 2010
author : kcowart
comments : 11
I have always been an athlete, growing up playing team sports like basketball and soccer. I also ran in a couple of 10K races every year, so I had no reason to worry about running a 5K...right?

date : December 27, 2008
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.
date : October 7, 2008
author : Ontherun
In part 2 of this series on mid-range fullsuits, we review the De Soto Black Pearl Bibjohn & Pullover combination for comfort, warmth, buoyancy and performance.

date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.
date : July 30, 2006
author : Valdora Cycles
comments : 8
The triathlon bike vs. road bike quandary. Before you even ask the road bike vs. tri bike question, you should have a couple sprint triathlons or duathlons under your belt.

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.