General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for people to train with around Ventura/Valencia Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-06-18 7:14 PM

Subject: Looking for people to train with around Ventura/Valencia
I love to train and race!!! Just been doing it for a little over 3yrs. First just running then got into triathlon soon after that. I still consider myself a newbie in triathlon, have lots to learn.

I mostly train solo and it gets a little old sometimes lol. Anyone around Ventura/Valencia that likes to either swim bike or run?

Im not that good at swimming (1:50-2:05 pace)
Average cyclist (18-22 mph pace)
Good runner (5:40-7:45 pace) [but I just love to run so any pace is ok with me]

I live in Piru CA and have endless open road to bike and run. Open water swimming I usually go to Ventura.

Currently training for Sprint, Olympic and Half Triathlons, as well as all running distances from 5ks to 26.2

Upcoming races(June 2015 - Feb 2016):

June:
Breath of Life Triathlon Sprint (Ventura)
July:
Santa Clarita Independence Day 5k
Shoreline Half Marathon (Ventura)
Tinman Triathlon Hawaii Olympic
Aug:
Camarillo Duathlon Sprint
Hansen Dam Triathlon Sprint (SFV)
Santa Barbara Triathlon Long
Sept:
Ventura Marathon
Oct:
Bonelli Olympic Triathlon (San Dimas)
Nov:
Santa Clarita Half Marathon
Surfers Point Half Marathon (Ventura)
San Dimas Turkey Tri
Ventura Turkey Trot 5k
Dec:
Santa to the Sea Half Marathon (Oxnard)
Jan:
New Years Race Half Marathon Los Angeles
Feb:
LA Marathon

2015-06-23 12:36 PM
in reply to: Fabian8a

User image

Master
Los Angeles, CA
Subject: RE: Looking for people to train with around Ventura/Valencia
Wow, you have alota races coming up! I work in Simi Valley and do some bike and run workouts there after work. I train solo most of the time myself and wouldn't mind a training partner from time to time. Piru is kinda far though.
2015-06-26 5:40 AM
in reply to: #5123514

Hey Roland, yeah I like to race alot, keeps me motivated????... yeah solo training gets old at times but hey if you are ever going to be around Valencia/Piru/Ventura, pm me I try to train almost everyday during the week.??
2015-08-08 7:09 PM
in reply to: Fabian8a

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
Santa Clarita Triathlon Club has multiple group workouts a week , the bike rides often head to Piru on the 126, Rides start from Hagen's parking lot off MacBean and magic Mountain on weekends at 7:30am in the summer. Many of the members enter the same races you do.
Santa Clarita Runners Club has 4 workouts a week, including track speedwork, and athletes of all speed and abilities.Saturday Runs start at 7 am from Lowes , corner of Newhall ranch and Bouquet and Sunday runs at 6:30am from Granary Square on MacBean. The sunday group is marathon focused and will get you ready for LAM and your other running events next year. You can also find them on facebook. SCR are the organizers of the Independance 5K/10K and Created and are still heavily involved in the Santa Clarita Marathon.
There are other groups ride like Velo which ride from Performance Cyclery.
2015-08-09 8:39 PM
in reply to: #5124938

I live in Valencia and am doing my first tri in 2 weeks...the co-Ed sprint distance in Santa Barbara on 8/23. Would love to eventually train with others out here, but sounds like you all are doing distances I can't yet keep up with.
2015-08-16 12:45 AM
in reply to: All_Sport

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
The sunday ride from Hagen's has two groups 1 is for beginners and both are no drop ride. All on the bike paths. The ride usually head out to sand canyon and returns. With a moderate incline and gentle downhill on the way back.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for people to train with around Ventura/Valencia Rss Feed