General Discussion Race Reports! » USAT Grand Prix Mideast Championships Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

USAT Grand Prix Mideast Championships - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Indianapolis, Indiana
United States
Mideast Regional Federation Board of Directors
Total Time = 2h 58m 56s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

slept like total crap last night. Too many people in a room. It was fun sharing with all the girls but I am too muich of an insomniac to have the added pressure of keeping everyone else up. I would be surprised if I slept 3 hours.

Peanut butter, bread and coffee.

got there later than I wanted due to a traffic reroute. this put me behind in the warm-up.
Event warmup:

short run, even shorter swim
Swim
  • 35m 59s
  • 1640 yards
  • 02m 11s / 100 yards
What would you do differently?:

Train!
Transition 1
  • 01m 24s
Bike
  • 1h 16m 41s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 19.44 mile/hr
Comments:

started out bad, got better, then got worse.
spent too much time adjusting stuff, shoe straps, gel packs, sunglasses. Once I got in a rythym I was cooking around 21-24 on all the flats. then it all went wrong. I made a stupid gear change and dropped my chain. It took me longer than it should have to get it back on and I couldnt' get my rythym back agfter that. I rolled back into the park at around 16-17 mph and it really slowed down my average

train more! Should have tried to make adjustments to the headset after I realized how tight it had gotten last night.
Quit fiddleing with everything and find a consistent pace
Transition 2
  • 01m 56s
Run
  • 1h 02m 54s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 08s  min/mile
Comments:

too sloshy going into the run. cramps the first 2 miles. I could never get any air. Flet like I was breathing marshmallows.I was soooo tired I thought I would fall asleep. Not my lungs or even my legs, although they were tired, too but my whole self was just really really tired.

spend a lot more time practicing bike to run nutrition and bricks that are more than a 2 mile run after a 50 mile ride. I never runlong enough after my rides.
get more sleep!
Post race
Warm down:

drank a beer. go home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

lack of proper training for this distance. really gutsy of me to think I should do this race with so little distance training. I honestly thought that enough miles on the bike and run would do the job but I guess when you do them separately, it still doesn' cut it

Event comments:

I was DQ and I have no idea why. None. I was up all night thinking through every minute of the race and I can't hink of a legitimate reason. I am really ticked off about all the time penalties they gave to the rest of our club. 5 out of 8 members of our club got thier first ever penalty and I got DQ. what gives?

Last updated: 2006-06-28 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:35:59 | 1640 yards | 02m 11s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit:
Course: well, I didn't sink. although I felt like I was going to. Not a disaster considering the lack of pool time in the last 6 weeks. I'm really stinking tired after this swim. The rest of the race will be tough when I am sleeping at the wheel
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:24
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:16:41 | 24.85 miles | 19.44 mile/hr
Performance: Average
Wind:
Course: mostly flat. a few rollers
Road:   Cadence: 98
Turns: Bad Cornering: Below average
Gear changes: Average Hills:
Race pace: Drinks: Too much
T2
Time: 01:56
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
01:02:54 | 06.21 miles | 10m 08s  min/mile
Performance: Below average
Course: rolling hills, mainly flat
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2006-08-28 7:25 AM

User image

New user

Brookfield, IL
Subject: USAT Grand Prix Mideast Championships

2006-08-28 8:48 AM
in reply to: #523860

User image

over a barrier
Subject: RE: USAT Grand Prix Mideast Championships
I dropped my chain as well! Right at the base of a hill....urg. Sorry about the DQ, did you go the wrong way in transition? I think a transition mistake is one of the only ways to DQ.
2006-08-29 12:07 PM
in reply to: #523860

User image

New user

Subject: RE: USAT Grand Prix Mideast Championships
I dropped my chain about a mile from returning to transition. That has never happened to me on the Orbea. I guess Campy isn't bullet proof.

Nice race! Sorry about the DQ. Hopefully we will get things sorted out in a day or two.

BP
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » USAT Grand Prix Mideast Championships Rss Feed