General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Geneva Triathlon - Half Iron Distance Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-08-28 10:04 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Peoria, Arizona
Subject: Lake Geneva Triathlon - Half Iron Distance

Okay, it is 12 days until the big day.  Whose ready?

What are everybody's plans for the race weekend?

I plan to arrive in Fontana on Thursday night, and have a relaxing day on Friday previewing the course.  Following the race on Saturday I am driving up to Madison to watch IM- Moo on Sunday (my cousin is competing for the 4th or 5th time (can't remember which)) -- that is if I can stand, much less walk on Sunday morning.

At least the walking around Madison will keep me from getting too overly stiff (maybe).

- Tim

Edited by SwmBkRn 2006-08-28 10:05 AM

2006-08-28 11:32 AM
in reply to: #524091

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Lake Geneva Triathlon - Half Iron Distance

Im ready. Im getting in town Friday night and just kickin' in with the family that night.  Me and Jszat rode the bike course on Sat and also did some of the run.  THe bike isnt that bad.  Did you get a chance to check out Killer Hill yet?  There are two hills that start out on the run.  They are both at 20% grade.  Yes, they hurt.  The run is a two loop course, so you will both of these hills twice.  Check out mine and jszats log for details.  Jszat has elevation maps and all that good stuff.  We also have tentative plans to check out IM Moo on Sunday, but Im unsure about it right now... I might have my parents with in the same car on Saturday for the HIM.  Monday we are both signing up for IM Moo!

-Rob 

2006-08-28 12:23 PM
in reply to: #524245

User image

Extreme Veteran
Peoria, Arizona

Sounds like good plans.  I will be previewing the course on Friday.  I have been anticipating the "killer" hills on the bike and run and purposefully training on hills since I got back to school (IL) from being in AZ this summer.

If you make it up to IM-Moo on Sunday, we'll have to catch up with each other.  I will be there supporting my cousin.

I too am signing up for IM-Moo 2007 on Monday morning!!!

2006-09-04 7:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Peoria, Arizona

Okay -- Final Check-In -- We're 5 Days Out

Whose ready?  How has training been going?

Who all is still planning on making a weekend of it and heading over to Madison on Sunday for IM-Moo?  And, of most importance -- registering on Monday morning for IM-Moo '07?

I'll be racing in a blue and silver DeSoto Powersuit on a Giant TCR Aero 2 (modified with Syntace Stratos Bars and Streamliner Aerobars w/ DuraAce bar end shifters (also blue and a kind of gray metallic).

- Tim

2006-09-05 10:13 AM
in reply to: #530515

User image

Expert

4 days and counting!  Hows the tapering going?  Im ready. I wanna race.  I dont think Ill be at Im Moo to watch, but Im trying to get Monday off to get down there and signup.

Ill be wearing my Team Javelin getup and starting off in a Promotion Sleeveless wetsuit that has some green accents on it.  Check out my photo album and you can see what I look like.  Ill be riding a Trek 1500 (blue) with aero bars and a XLab Saddlewing setup on it.

Good luck and maybe Ill see ya there.

-Rob 

2006-09-05 12:15 PM

User image

COURT JESTER
ROCKFORD, IL

Have FUN with the Half IM ya'll.

I'm be doing the OLY and my first OLY at that.

2006-09-08 8:04 AM
in reply to: #531084

User image

Expert

Everybody ready?!  Less than a day away!  Im ready...lets go!

One final question...one the bike course, does anybody know how they are giving out the water....like in bike water bottles, normal twist top water bottles, etc?  Did they have a bottle you can start out with in T1 so you can swap at the next stop?

Good luck everyone!

-Rob 

2006-09-08 1:26 PM
in reply to: #534220

User image

Extreme Veteran
Peoria, Arizona

Not sure what they're gonna have at the aid stations on the bike course. I'm figuring on having a couple of those Gatorade twist top bottles in my cages on my frame and then keeper water bottles on my Flatwing, that way if I have to drop bottle (or put them in a trash can) I will be dropping throw aways and not a good water bottle.

I will also plan to get my aero bottle empty by the aid station with the Gatorade so if it is in regular bottles or cups (hey, you never know, but I would doubt that), I can just dump it into my aero bottle.

Remember with the lower temps. forcast for tomorrow we need to up the calorie intake about 5-10 % and decrease the sodium intake.  A friend from the area also recommended wearing a layer of warmer clothes (given the forecasted temps. and rain and likely wind around the lake), and shed and hand to a family member or friend if it does get warm enough.

See ya all on the course!!  - Tim

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Geneva Triathlon - Half Iron Distance Rss Feed