General Discussion Triathlon Talk » suddenly exhausted? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-08-09 5:23 PM

User image

Subject: suddenly exhausted?
Hey all!

So, I dunno what has changed but these past two weeks my motivation and energy have taken a complete nose dive.

I wake up around 8am, tend to kids, clean house, run errands, and then right around 2pm BAM... I'm so tired I literally need a nap. So I pass out and sleep anywhere for an hour to an hour and a half... Wake up, feel foggy the whole rest of the day, feel exhausted again around 9pm. Go to bed, but then wake up at 2am and be wide awake from 2-5am.

What is going on?? My diet is still the same, not horrible but not great but now that I feel tired so often, I have hardly done my training. I managed a 2 hr bike ride yesterday, today I'm supposed to run and swim but I'm already about to pass out.

Any ideas? I live in San Francisco on the coast and have been unemployed for 2 months BUT just finally scored a new job in my field, I start tomorrow!! But am worried about my lack of training and odd extreme tiredness. Like I feel like I could sleep and sleep and sleep. :/

Any ideas? I really need to break this habit fast. Yesterday I forced myself to skip my afternoon nap, went to bed at 10pm, woke up today at 6:30... But since 2:30 I've been fighting my eyes. :/

2015-08-09 7:27 PM
in reply to: #5133969

Subject: RE: suddenly exhausted?
Two things come to mind.

1 - are you getting enough protein?
2 - have you ever had your thyroid checked?
2015-08-09 7:44 PM
in reply to: Spartypants

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: RE: suddenly exhausted?

Originally posted by Spartypants Two things come to mind. 1 - are you getting enough protein? 2 - have you ever had your thyroid checked?

in that vein - just getting some blood work done may shed some light as to a possible physical cause.  A  nutrient deficiencies can make you feel tired. I was feeling bone tired earlier this year and took it to be the combo of HIM training, work, running after a toddler, etc but it turns out my Vitamin B12 levels were very low and my iron is borderline. I do feel much more energy since starting the supplements - not that i am suddenly not tired because life is still busy but it's a manageable level of fatigue. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » suddenly exhausted? Rss Feed