in reply to: tuwood

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Bernie Sanders Thread
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by msteiner

Moderately off topic, but I noticed in the debate last night that no one mentioned Sanders despite bringing up Obama and Hillary ad naseum.  Poor guy is treated like he's not even in the race.

Yeah, I read an article last night about Trumps lead over the next highest competitor as being substantially higher than Hillary's over Bernie, but the Democratic race is "done and over" while the Republican race is wide open according to the media.

I think if Bernie got 1/10 of the coverage Trump does he'd be giving Hillary a run for her money.

Sorry, but you are just slightly off....

Average of polls from Real Clear Politics:

Dem nomination Clinton 55.3%, 24.1 lead
Rep nomination Trump 33%, 16.9 point lead.

2015-12-16 3:05 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers

Moderately off topic, but I noticed in the debate last night that no one mentioned Sanders despite bringing up Obama and Hillary ad naseum.  Poor guy is treated like he's not even in the race.

Yeah, I read an article last night about Trumps lead over the next highest competitor as being substantially higher than Hillary's over Bernie, but the Democratic race is "done and over" while the Republican race is wide open according to the media.

I think if Bernie got 1/10 of the coverage Trump does he'd be giving Hillary a run for her money.

Sorry, but you are just slightly off.... Average of polls from Real Clear Politics: Dem nomination Clinton 55.3%, 24.1 lead Rep nomination Trump 33%, 16.9 point lead.

The article was using the latest monmouth poll which was at 41% (Trump) and 14% (Cruz) which was a 27 point lead.  It wasn't so much a Trump is better type article, it was really just pointing out how the media was treating them differently and using the poll numbers to justify not giving Sanders any coverage.  Perhaps the Democratic nomination is "over", but if the media continues to ignore it then it most certainly is.

2015-12-16 3:09 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I tried finding the article I ready but couldn't.  Heres a similar one, but I think they're using different numbers.

http://www.thenation.com/article/the-discourse-suffers-when-trump-gets-23-times-as-much-coverage-as-sanders/

2015-12-16 6:50 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Sorry, but you are just slightly off.... Average of polls from Real Clear Politics: Dem nomination Clinton 55.3%, 24.1 lead Rep nomination Trump 33%, 16.9 point lead.

The article was using the latest monmouth poll which was at 41% (Trump) and 14% (Cruz) which was a 27 point lead.  It wasn't so much a Trump is better type article, it was really just pointing out how the media was treating them differently and using the poll numbers to justify not giving Sanders any coverage.  Perhaps the Democratic nomination is "over", but if the media continues to ignore it then it most certainly is.

The best thing the Dems can do is fly under the radar and let the Repub Freak Show drive the clown car into the ditch-but not before a looong, bruising nomination fight.     There's PLENTY of time for the Dems to emerge.

2015-12-16 8:46 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jeffnboise

The best thing the Dems can do is fly under the radar and let the Repub Freak Show drive the clown car into the ditch-but not before a looong, bruising nomination fight.     There's PLENTY of time for the Dems to emerge.

Or fade away for good.  lol

2015-12-16 9:07 PM

User image

Pro

Why do you hate ditches?

2015-12-16 10:04 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Left Brain

Why do you hate ditches?

Why do you hate kankles?

2015-12-17 1:08 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro

Originally posted by dmiller5

Why do you hate ditches?

Why do you hate kankles?

I still can't talk about it.

2015-12-17 10:26 AM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Why do you hate ditches?

Why do you hate kankles?

(spits coffee on keyboard)  lol

2015-12-18 11:36 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/18/politics/bernie-sanders-campaign-dnc-... . Looks like the Clinton machine is cranking up to blow Sanders out of the water BEFORE they have to put Hillary out there for the public to see and hear. Be nice to have the primaries over before she has to debate again. Smart move, the republicans don't stand a chance.
2015-12-18 11:40 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Tejas

Edited by mdg2003 2015-12-18 11:41 AM

2015-12-18 11:41 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Why do you hate ditches?

Why do you hate kankles?

Hillary's kankles...

I like the way the line runs up the back of the stockings.
I've always liked those kind of high heels too. You know, I...
No no no no, don't take 'em off, don't take... Leave 'em on, leave 'em on.
Yeah, that's it, a little more to the right, a little more....
-----
“No war is over until the enemy says it’s over. We may
think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote."
2015-12-18 11:49 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

youre dating yourself with that one...Hitchcock right?

2015-12-18 1:43 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Why do you hate ditches?

Ditches be crazy.
2015-12-18 3:36 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Sanders' campaign threatens to sue DNC

What was that word you guys keep using to describe the republican primary?  Clown show?

#grabspopcorn

2015-12-18 6:00 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Tejas

youre dating yourself with that one...Hitchcock right?

A bit, not as far back as Hitchcock tho. about 3:40 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAktV72_nnE

2015-12-18 9:42 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Why do you hate ditches?

Ditches be crazy.

That made me laugh for real.

2015-12-19 3:26 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

OK, what the heck is going on?  I saw the article on Friday about Bernie threatening to Sue the DNC, but it looks like he did.

My observation is that the DNC is running a tighter ship and they're willing to go nuclear to ensure the establishment choice gets in.  Whereas the Republicans reluctantly are letting the people have a little bit of a say.

I've been watching social media and there's been a lot of chatter about Bernie going third party.  Wouldn't that be a plot twist.  lol

2015-12-20 7:33 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

OK, what the heck is going on?  I saw the article on Friday about Bernie threatening to Sue the DNC, but it looks like he did.

My observation is that the DNC is running a tighter ship and they're willing to go nuclear to ensure the establishment choice gets in.  Whereas the Republicans reluctantly are letting the people have a little bit of a say.

I've been watching social media and there's been a lot of chatter about Bernie going third party.  Wouldn't that be a plot twist.  lol

The DNC's role is to make sure a democrat wins the election, so it's not surprising they've put more support towards the vastly more electable candidate. Sanders has been good for the conversation, but he really doesn't have any foreign policy chops or realistic ideas that we could actually pay for. (Remind you of anyone? ) O'Malley's main selling point seems to be "I'm younger than Clinton and Sanders".

And the RNC isn't "letting the people have a say", they're being completely steamrolled by Trump and they have no idea how to stop it. If they thought they could get away with having Tonya Harding's husband bash Trump on the knee before his next Town Hall, they'd have done it.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2015-12-20 7:34 AM
2015-12-20 3:44 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

The DNC's role is to make sure a democrat wins the election, so it's not surprising they've put more support towards the vastly more electable candidate. Sanders has been good for the conversation, but he really doesn't have any foreign policy chops or realistic ideas that we could actually pay for. (Remind you of anyone? ) O'Malley's main selling point seems to be "I'm younger than Clinton and Sanders". And the RNC isn't "letting the people have a say", they're being completely steamrolled by Trump and they have no idea how to stop it. If they thought they could get away with having Tonya Harding's husband bash Trump on the knee before his next Town Hall, they'd have done it.

I can definitely say I love Bernie more because I agree with your assessment.  He's a substantially weaker candidate in the general.  lol

I agree that Trump is steamrolling the establishment but what I meant was that he's doing it with popular support from the people.  With Hillary the DNC appears to be doing everything they can to keep her competitors out of the limelight (quite successfully).  If Bernie got out to the people like Trump does I think Hillary would be in a much tougher fight.

Either way, it's kind of interesting to watch.

2015-12-20 4:17 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

The DNC's role is to make sure a democrat wins the election, so it's not surprising they've put more support towards the vastly more electable candidate. Sanders has been good for the conversation, but he really doesn't have any foreign policy chops or realistic ideas that we could actually pay for. (Remind you of anyone? ) O'Malley's main selling point seems to be "I'm younger than Clinton and Sanders". And the RNC isn't "letting the people have a say", they're being completely steamrolled by Trump and they have no idea how to stop it. If they thought they could get away with having Tonya Harding's husband bash Trump on the knee before his next Town Hall, they'd have done it.

I can definitely say I love Bernie more because I agree with your assessment.  He's a substantially weaker candidate in the general.  lol

I agree that Trump is steamrolling the establishment but what I meant was that he's doing it with popular support from the people.  With Hillary the DNC appears to be doing everything they can to keep her competitors out of the limelight (quite successfully).  If Bernie got out to the people like Trump does I think Hillary would be in a much tougher fight.

Well, Trumps unusual in that he doesn't need campaign contributions to get his name in the press. I actually think he's like fifth (or lower) among GOP contenders in terms of money raised, but he has an unlimited war chest of his own money, not that he needs to spend a penny to get on the news. I doubt the DNC has done anything concrete to favor Clinton, but she's raised substantially more than Samders has, so naturally, she gets her message out more effectively. Sanders likes to call himself the popular candidate, but in terms of money raised and actual voter support, he ain't THAT popular.

2015-12-20 8:17 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Well, Trumps unusual in that he doesn't need campaign contributions to get his name in the press. I actually think he's like fifth (or lower) among GOP contenders in terms of money raised, but he has an unlimited war chest of his own money, not that he needs to spend a penny to get on the news. I doubt the DNC has done anything concrete to favor Clinton, but she's raised substantially more than Samders has, so naturally, she gets her message out more effectively. Sanders likes to call himself the popular candidate, but in terms of money raised and actual voter support, he ain't THAT popular.

Obviously I'm not following the Hillary and Bernie fight as close, but I heard on CNN earlier today that Bernie has out raised Clinton.  I have no clue where the source came from or if it was just a "with small donors" type of qualifier.  I tried googling and he was at 26M and Hillary at 29M back in October, but that's forever ago in this race.  haha  I couldn't find anything recent.

2015-12-21 10:27 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I saw those numbers too, and was a little surprised that it was so close.

It's amazing how much money Jeb Bush has raised compared to his results. That's money well spent, huh?

2015-12-21 12:42 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I saw those numbers too, and was a little surprised that it was so close. It's amazing how much money Jeb Bush has raised compared to his results. That's money well spent, huh?

Yeah, Jeb has certainly shown how not to run a campaign this year.  I honestly think it's a great look into how social media and the internet has effective information.  It used to be that you could buy X amount of TV commercials and get a 5% bump or Y amount on radio ads and get a 7% bump.  Then if your opponent attacked you with ads you had to match his ads with equal airtime to counter them.  Hence, whoever had the most money would win.

I think with practically every home in the US using DVR's now combined with people cutting the cable there's a lot less true impressions with the ads that are run.  Then you throw in the ability to counter a $5M ad run with a quick tweet that goes to far more people than the original ad for free.

I don't really understand it all, but getting your message to the voters has changed over the past 10 years and I don't feel traditional methods work very well. (mail, tv/radio ads)

I also saw Bernie has pulled into the lead in NH in the RCP average.  I suspect it's a bump in the road because Hillary has a commanding lead just about everywhere else.

2016-01-10 3:43 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Obviously only one poll, but Bernie has been steadily trending closer to Hillary in IA and leading fairly substantially in NH.
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/poll-neck-neck-2016-races-iowa-new-hampshire-n493361

I would say he has Trump to thank because his attacks on Hillary and Bill the last couple weeks have been pretty effective. 

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Bernie Sanders Thread Rss Feed  

of 8

RELATED POSTS

So much to discuss; and so little threads.... Pages: 1 2

Started by jeffnboise
Views: 3599 Posts: 30

2016-03-24 11:10 AM crusevegas

A thread that we can't let die...or can we? Pages: 1 2

Started by ChineseDemocracy
Views: 3812 Posts: 45

2014-11-03 8:12 AM tuwood