General Discussion Triathlon Talk » stress sucks! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-11-02 12:38 PM

User image

Chelmsford, England
Subject: stress sucks!
well its my second year at triathlon and did my first 70.3 at the end of the season after visiting a mind coach that got me to the start line but for some reason I have gone backwards and second guessing everything I do.

I just managed to start getting back into training after 2 months off but ive forgotten nutrition basics for training, its amazing what little things can keep you up at night. if I go for an easy zone 2 3 mile run do I need anything to recover or if I do a intense 1 hr bike ride apart from 800ml protein recover do I need to eat anything extra.

this will sound stupid to most people but your help will be highly appreciated as I have a big year planned for next year

thanks in advance.

2015-11-02 4:48 PM
in reply to: Jynxy

User image

Chicago, IL
Subject: RE: stress sucks!

After an easy 2-3 mile run, you shouldn't need anything specific to aid recovery.

A lot of it depends on the context. If you're following a training program, with back-to-back training days, then you'll need to be more diligent with your nutrition.
Also, body composition has an impact (heavy sweater? You'll need to replace salt, etc...), as well as dietary needs/allergies/intolerances.

There's no magic food which is going to make you feel amazing. Just follow a balanced diet.

Most people will tell you it's trial and error. I've been training long enough that I know which foods and drinks sit well, and which don't.
The key is to figure it out before race day.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » stress sucks! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Stress fracture AARRGGHHH

Started by sue7013
Views: 1190 Posts: 14

2005-05-06 2:00 PM sharonnagy5

Days off and stress

Started by Scout Henry
Views: 821 Posts: 6

2005-02-28 9:58 PM gypsykorea

1 1/2 weeks..starting to stress about the swim

Started by Rats13
Views: 817 Posts: 8

2004-05-12 11:55 PM Minkota

Feeling stressed about upcoming Sprint Tri

Started by GamblerZ
Views: 1442 Posts: 24

2004-03-15 2:56 PM Machiavelo

stress and training

Started by bigfish
Views: 1392 Posts: 17

2004-02-26 4:16 AM speedlee
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 16, 2015
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I was running and after about half a mile in I started to feel some pain on the outside of my left foot. I was running in Vibram's on soft trail and this was not the first time I have done this.

date : October 27, 2014
How does a stress reaction differ from a stress fracture? This article goes into the diagnosis and treatments of both.
date : February 13, 2014
I think I might have a stress fracture. I'm not sure that I want to spend the money on an MRI if the result is simply to rest as the treatment sounds the same with more money in my pocket.

date : October 10, 2013
comments : 1
I will describe the more common running foot injuries and discuss contributing risk factors as well as treatments and corrections for prevention.
date : April 23, 2012
Suggestions for other activities to do while recovering from a stress fracture.

date : February 22, 2012
How long does it take to heal a stress fracture? How should my training look when trying to get back into it?
date : May 9, 2011
Stress fractures are one of the most feared injuries in the realm of endurance sports and they are also one of the most common sidelining injuries that such athletes face.

date : July 3, 2006
Is there anything that I can do to lessen the chances of stress fractures. I have had no luck with the doctors I have seen. Some have advised orthotics, some say there is nothing that can be done.