Other Resources The Political Joe » 2016 - WTF Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2016-02-15 9:53 PM

User image

Buttercup
Subject: 2016 - WTF
I was going to be a little less crude and ask WTH, but I think WTF more accurately conveys my astonishment.

I have not witnessed so much incivility, nastiness and crassness in a Presidential campaign. My hubby spent 40yrs in DC, life long Republican, worked in a Republican administration, and he can't believe what he is seeing / hearing. His only comment after watching the SC debate was "they are being very uncivil and I don't like it." (He's not as verbose as I am.) This is blowing my mind.

All those years of horrible reality TV shows rewarding bad behavior with celebritydom are paying some terrible dividends in our national discourse. I expect chair throwing and hair pulling at the next debate. Take back our country, indeed. These people dragging us into the gutter.

2016-02-16 8:13 AM
in reply to: Renee

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: 2016 - WTF

Originally posted by Renee I was going to be a little less crude and ask WTH, but I think WTF more accurately conveys my astonishment. I have not witnessed so much incivility, nastiness and crassness in a Presidential campaign. My hubby spent 40yrs in DC, life long Republican, worked in a Republican administration, and he can't believe what he is seeing / hearing. His only comment after watching the SC debate was "they are being very uncivil and I don't like it." (He's not as verbose as I am.) This is blowing my mind. All those years of horrible reality TV shows rewarding bad behavior with celebritydom are paying some terrible dividends in our national discourse. I expect chair throwing and hair pulling at the next debate. Take back our country, indeed. These people dragging us into the gutter.

You know, I never watched a single reality TV show. Oh, in flipping through channels looking for a sporting event, which is really the extent of my TV time, I'd see one now and then, and wonder just who in the hell was watching that crap.  Now I wonder if you haven't hit on something......because I find myself not being able to watch the debates either.  Between the media dumbness and the candidate's stupidity it's just not something I want to spend any time watching.

I've said it before......let's just elect Trump and get the trip into the sewer over with, because there doesn't appear to be a way to stop the slide at this point.

2016-02-16 8:59 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by Renee I was going to be a little less crude and ask WTH, but I think WTF more accurately conveys my astonishment. I have not witnessed so much incivility, nastiness and crassness in a Presidential campaign. My hubby spent 40yrs in DC, life long Republican, worked in a Republican administration, and he can't believe what he is seeing / hearing. His only comment after watching the SC debate was "they are being very uncivil and I don't like it." (He's not as verbose as I am.) This is blowing my mind. All those years of horrible reality TV shows rewarding bad behavior with celebritydom are paying some terrible dividends in our national discourse. I expect chair throwing and hair pulling at the next debate. Take back our country, indeed. These people dragging us into the gutter.

You know, I never watched a single reality TV show. Oh, in flipping through channels looking for a sporting event, which is really the extent of my TV time, I'd see one now and then, and wonder just who in the hell was watching that crap.  Now I wonder if you haven't hit on something......because I find myself not being able to watch the debates either.  Between the media dumbness and the candidate's stupidity it's just not something I want to spend any time watching.

I've said it before......let's just elect Trump and get the trip into the sewer over with, because there doesn't appear to be a way to stop the slide at this point.

I disagree, I think (hope) this last debate opened peoples eyes about Trump. Nothing about his showing was Presidential at all and he seemed like an immature brat talking over people and belittling them (even more than before) To me it felt that he was really going out of his way ( more than usual) to upstage people. I am not saying I was on the Trump bandwagon, but whatever part of me was thinking about voting for him, he lost some points in that last debate.

2016-02-16 9:04 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jford2309

I disagree, I think (hope) this last debate opened peoples eyes about Trump. Nothing about his showing was Presidential at all and he seemed like an immature brat talking over people and belittling them (even more than before) To me it felt that he was really going out of his way ( more than usual) to upstage people. I am not saying I was on the Trump bandwagon, but whatever part of me was thinking about voting for him, he lost some points in that last debate.

I don't disagree with you, although I didn't watch this debate.  I've gotten tired of watching Trump act like a moron and then comi9ng to work to hear the majority of people tell me how he "kicked arse" in the debate.  I think he's an idiot.

2016-02-16 9:12 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

NM

Edited by jford2309 2016-02-16 9:12 AM
2016-02-16 9:28 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois

I don't disagree with you, although I didn't watch this debate.  I've gotten tired of watching Trump act like a moron and then comi9ng to work to hear the majority of people tell me how he "kicked arse" in the debate.  I think he's an idiot.

I do not hear how he kicked arse but I do here a lot that isn't it refreshing to hear a candidate speak his mind that is not bought out by special interest groups.

This is the year people are letting out there frustrations with our politically parties. Who knows maybe Trump will do a decent job. They said the same things about Schwarzenegger and didn't he do a good job?

2016-02-16 10:18 AM

User image

Master
Centennial, CO

I don't disagree with anything you've said here.  Except that I don't know that I completely blame it on reaility TV.  (My blame points elsewhere and for a different thread)

But...  I think there is an interesting dynamic occuring.  I do strongly believe that civility would be fine if everyone was playing by the same rules.  But those who are not part of the establishment would be pushed aside and ignored.  When Trump says that those booing him in the audience are establishment folks given tickets by the party, he is correct.  If the party had it's way, they would prevent him from running.  Look at what happened in NH with Bernie winning by 20% then the super delegates given to Hilary for the win.  

The fact is to be relevant in a two party system, you sometimes have to be uncivil and break through the barriers or norms.

2016-02-16 11:57 AM

User image

I didn't see the last debate but have seen some of the dramatized or not so dramatized for news organization ratings. 

I don't know if realty tv is what is driving this. I do think that they are showing as much respect as what the government we have today deserves. (I'm not referring to the current potus or admin, but where we have come in my lifetime). I am afraid that the baby has been thrown out with the bathwater and we are past the point of no return. We have got what our greedy selves have asked for. Our politicians both sides have no problem with lying and or misleading us to advance what they want, another 4 years and more control over US. 

Welcome to the first chapter of Before IdioCrazy!

2016-02-16 12:04 PM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by crusevegas

I didn't see the last debate but have seen some of the dramatized or not so dramatized for news organization ratings. 

I don't know if realty tv is what is driving this. I do think that they are showing as much respect as what the government we have today deserves. (I'm not referring to the current potus or admin, but where we have come in my lifetime). I am afraid that the baby has been thrown out with the bathwater and we are past the point of no return. We have got what our greedy selves have asked for. Our politicians both sides have no problem with lying and or misleading us to advance what they want, another 4 years and more control over US. 

Welcome to the first chapter of Before IdioCrazy!

Trump is a couple weight lift sessions away from being President Camacho! Scary how prophetic that movie is becoming.

2016-02-16 12:29 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

I agree with you, but it won't impact him much at all. We've seen pretty clearly, even on this board, that the people who support him do so largely because they like the way in which he insults and belittles people.
2016-02-16 4:34 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

I agree with you, but it won't impact him much at all. We've seen pretty clearly, even on this board, that the people who support him do so largely because they like the way in which he insults and belittles people.

you guys are silly, it's all Obama's fault.  duh

2016-02-16 4:46 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
I don't think he's getting support because of him belittling people. I think it has more to do with the fact that he's tossed the PCBS out the window. Im just an average middle class guy trying to make a living in this country. I am fed up with hearing the white guilt being called xenophobe, homophobe or (insert)phobe every time I stand up for my rights, my family and the laws of this country. He's zeroed in on that sentiment and has a lot of AMERICANS behind him as a result. He's still a whiny douche and a closet democrat, so he doesn't get my vote in the primaries. I'll vote for him if he gets nominated, but he gets no more support than that from me. I mean how can I support a guy that refused to go to a debate because some reporter chick picked on him? He's a thin skinned weasel that needs to grow up if he wants to play politician.

Trump would have been a distant memory had he NOT taken his stand on illegal immigration. Most Americans are sick of the BS associated with the problem and have zero interest in so called reform. We need to enforce, enforce and enforce until the mess is under control. Do I believe Trump will enforce? Not really.
2016-02-16 5:07 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Originally posted by mdg2003 I don't think he's getting support because of him belittling people

Well then you better go back and read what JAK wrote, cause apparently he is physic and knows. 

2016-02-16 9:01 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Originally posted by mdg2003 I don't think he's getting support because of him belittling people

Well then you better go back and read what JAK wrote, cause apparently he is physic and knows. 

I think you should have a nap and then maybe a few cups of strong black coffee before you try posting anymore.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2016-02-16 9:02 PM
2016-02-16 9:23 PM

User image

I think you should have a nap and then maybe a few cups of strong black coffee before you try posting anymore.

I do enjoy my naps, but coffee in the evening, I just can't do it.

it's interesting how you preach about not paining everyone with a broad brush but then there is this gem from you.

"We've seen pretty clearly, even on this board, that the people who support him do so largely because they like the way in which he insults and belittles people." 

Physic or a bigoted statement, you tell me?

2016-02-17 7:34 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

it's interesting how you preach about not paining everyone with a broad brush but then there is this gem from you.

"We've seen pretty clearly, even on this board, that the people who support him do so largely because they like the way in which he insults and belittles people." 

Tony, among other Trump supporters I've seen on tv has said explicitly that one of the things he likes about Trump is the way he refuses to be what Tony and Trump himself calls "politically correct", meaning that he's not constrained by societal pressure and has no problem insulting and belittling his competition. He also has demonstrated both during the campaign and previously that he has no problem insulting women based upon their appearance, the disabled based upon their disability, etc. So I'm not speaking generally at all. It's been a pretty consistent theme of his campaign that his supporters like that he goes ahead and belittles anyone he wants.

And Tony's not alone--this is from the NYT:"Trump’s assault on political correctness has even attracted the attention of Kenny Rogers, the country-and-western singer, who appeared slightly embarrassed to admit how drawn he was to Trump: 'I really like him. I think his problem is that he says what everyone wants to hear, but he doesn’t say it well. I love what he says, I have to admit.'"

And this is from the LA Times: "Though South Carolina has long prided itself on Southern manners and propriety, it is changing rapidly as outsiders increasingly move here. And Trump Nation may be immune to, and in some cases, even more than forgiving of his brash behavior.
'I hope he drops an F-bomb,” one fan said to another on the way into the rally.'"

So no, I'm not making a bigoted (?) statement at all. In fact, it's a pretty widely observed and acknowledged phenomenon. It might be a "physic" statement. But...I'm not really sure...

2016-02-17 9:10 AM

User image

Pro

At some point people have to learn that being offended doesn't mean you're in tune with the world and everything and everyone around you.......it might mean you forgot we don't all have to like everything. 

I get offended when people get offended.

If I have to check someone's temperature every ten minutes to make sure I didn't say something that offends them then I'd just rather not bother with them....I hope that's ok with all the folks who think everyone can be however they  want.....because that's how I want to be.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-02-17 9:18 AM
2016-02-17 10:04 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Tony, among other Trump supporters I've seen on tv has said explicitly that one of the things he likes about Trump is the way he refuses to be what Tony and Trump himself calls "politically correct", meaning that he's not constrained by societal pressure and has no problem insulting and belittling his competition. He also has demonstrated both during the campaign and previously that he has no problem insulting women based upon their appearance, the disabled based upon their disability, etc. So I'm not speaking generally at all. It's been a pretty consistent theme of his campaign that his supporters like that he goes ahead and belittles anyone he wants. And Tony's not alone--this is from the NYT:"Trump’s assault on political correctness has even attracted the attention of Kenny Rogers, the country-and-western singer, who appeared slightly embarrassed to admit how drawn he was to Trump: 'I really like him. I think his problem is that he says what everyone wants to hear, but he doesn’t say it well. I love what he says, I have to admit.'" And this is from the LA Times: "Though South Carolina has long prided itself on Southern manners and propriety, it is changing rapidly as outsiders increasingly move here. And Trump Nation may be immune to, and in some cases, even more than forgiving of his brash behavior. 'I hope he drops an F-bomb,” one fan said to another on the way into the rally.'" So no, I'm not making a bigoted (?) statement at all. In fact, it's a pretty widely observed and acknowledged phenomenon. It might be a "physic" statement. But...I'm not really sure...

What's funny is you take him not being Political Correctness to being a "bully".  That's quite a stretch.

My support has nothing to do with him "bullying" people so your assertion on that is patently false.  It has to do with him being the first politician in my lifetime to essentially stick the middle finger to our corrupt political system that you seem to so desperately want to maintain.
Our society has become weak because of political correctness.  There are cowards everywhere who are too afraid to offend anyone that they just sit back and take whatever anyone says to them.  I don't approve of some of the language Trump uses, but it doesn't bother me in the least either.

2016-02-18 4:08 PM

User image

Elite
I had a "laugh out loud" wtf moment listening to Fox News Radio just as I got home from work today.
Just as I'm getting out of my car, the news fellow was saying in the latest Fox News poll, Trump had an untouchable lead in S. Carolina and the battle for 2nd was getting dirty.
After saying Cruz was at 19% and Rubio 15%, they mentioned the Rubio camp was angry with the Cruz camp for putting out an advertisement that had a picture of Rubio shaking hands with President Obama.
The Rubio camp said the picture was a fake!

Ha! Seriously? Just shaking hands with President Obama will send a candidate reeling in the polls? Christie and Obama were close after Hurricane Sandy, and Christie is still scorned.
It is absolutely INSANE!

What's next?

Reporter: "Hi, CD from BT's COJ, quick question Mr. Trump, is it true you were in the presence of former President Barack Obama and you did not give him the middle finger?"

Trump: "That accusation from Senator Cruz is false. I have not only maintained one extended middle finger at all times in that terrible president's presence, I have consistently gone double-barrelled with both middle fingers up. I think my record speaks for itself CD."
(crowd roars its approval!)

I am still convinced both parties will go with the establishment picks.
Mark my words, this puppy's gonna be Rubio vs. Clinton. Robot vs. robot... Take it to the bank!

2016-02-18 6:52 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy I had a "laugh out loud" wtf moment listening to Fox News Radio just as I got home from work today. Just as I'm getting out of my car, the news fellow was saying in the latest Fox News poll, Trump had an untouchable lead in S. Carolina and the battle for 2nd was getting dirty. After saying Cruz was at 19% and Rubio 15%, they mentioned the Rubio camp was angry with the Cruz camp for putting out an advertisement that had a picture of Rubio shaking hands with President Obama. The Rubio camp said the picture was a fake! Ha! Seriously? Just shaking hands with President Obama will send a candidate reeling in the polls? Christie and Obama were close after Hurricane Sandy, and Christie is still scorned. It is absolutely INSANE! What's next? Reporter: "Hi, CD from BT's COJ, quick question Mr. Trump, is it true you were in the presence of former President Barack Obama and you did not give him the middle finger?" Trump: "That accusation from Senator Cruz is false. I have not only maintained one extended middle finger at all times in that terrible president's presence, I have consistently gone double-barrelled with both middle fingers up. I think my record speaks for itself CD." (crowd roars its approval!) I am still convinced both parties will go with the establishment picks. Mark my words, this puppy's gonna be Rubio vs. Clinton. Robot vs. robot... Take it to the bank!

Obama has cooties, you should know that by now.  

I don't see how Rubio has a chance.  Obviously anything can happen, but he's too slimy and the robot programming error in the debate pretty much sunk him.

You could absolutely be right about Clinton, but her and Bernie are both horrible candidates so I'm totally cool with either one of them winning the primary.  

2016-02-19 6:27 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy I had a "laugh out loud" wtf moment listening to Fox News Radio just as I got home from work today. Just as I'm getting out of my car, the news fellow was saying in the latest Fox News poll, Trump had an untouchable lead in S. Carolina and the battle for 2nd was getting dirty. After saying Cruz was at 19% and Rubio 15%, they mentioned the Rubio camp was angry with the Cruz camp for putting out an advertisement that had a picture of Rubio shaking hands with President Obama. The Rubio camp said the picture was a fake! Ha! Seriously? Just shaking hands with President Obama will send a candidate reeling in the polls? Christie and Obama were close after Hurricane Sandy, and Christie is still scorned. It is absolutely INSANE! What's next? Reporter: "Hi, CD from BT's COJ, quick question Mr. Trump, is it true you were in the presence of former President Barack Obama and you did not give him the middle finger?" Trump: "That accusation from Senator Cruz is false. I have not only maintained one extended middle finger at all times in that terrible president's presence, I have consistently gone double-barrelled with both middle fingers up. I think my record speaks for itself CD." (crowd roars its approval!) I am still convinced both parties will go with the establishment picks. Mark my words, this puppy's gonna be Rubio vs. Clinton. Robot vs. robot... Take it to the bank!

Obama has cooties, you should know that by now.  

I don't see how Rubio has a chance.  Obviously anything can happen, but he's too slimy and the robot programming error in the debate pretty much sunk him.

You could absolutely be right about Clinton, but her and Bernie are both horrible candidates so I'm totally cool with either one of them winning the primary.  

Oh, so am I......but for far different reasons that you.    (evil laughter)  hahahahahahahahahah...cough cough. 

2016-02-22 9:28 PM

User image

Tony, among other Trump supporters I've seen on tv has said explicitly that one of the things he likes about Trump is the way he refuses to be what Tony and Trump himself calls "politically correct", meaning that he's not constrained by societal pressure and has no problem insulting and belittling his competition. He also has demonstrated both during the campaign and previously that he has no problem insulting women based upon their appearance, the disabled based upon their disability, etc. So I'm not speaking generally at all. It's been a pretty consistent theme of his campaign that his supporters like that he goes ahead and belittles anyone he wants. And Tony's not alone--this is from the NYT:"Trump’s assault on political correctness has even attracted the attention of Kenny Rogers, the country-and-western singer, who appeared slightly embarrassed to admit how drawn he was to Trump: 'I really like him. I think his problem is that he says what everyone wants to hear, but he doesn’t say it well. I love what he says, I have to admit.'" And this is from the LA Times: "Though South Carolina has long prided itself on Southern manners and propriety, it is changing rapidly as outsiders increasingly move here. And Trump Nation may be immune to, and in some cases, even more than forgiving of his brash behavior. 'I hope he drops an F-bomb,” one fan said to another on the way into the rally.'" So no, I'm not making a bigoted (?) statement at all. In fact, it's a pretty widely observed and acknowledged phenomenon. It might be a "physic" statement. But...I'm not really sure...

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. The rags you selected to cite, would you agree or disagree they have an agenda and are biased? 

Democrats, the party that is tolerant and all inclusive, unless you disagree with them. smh

2016-02-22 10:46 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. The rags you selected to cite, would you agree or disagree they have an agenda and are biased? 

Democrats, the party that is tolerant and all inclusive, unless you disagree with them. smh

You're too much. Do you remember when Trump feuded with Fox over his insulting and belittling Megyn Kelly? Or was that during one of your naps?
2016-02-23 12:58 PM

User image

You're too much. Do you remember when Trump feuded with Fox over his insulting and belittling Megyn Kelly? Or was that during one of your naps?

I think I see why only a handful of people post in these forums any more. 

Edited by crusevegas 2016-02-23 1:11 PM
2016-02-23 1:14 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I think I see why only a handful of people post in these forums any more. 

I'll stick up for JMK.  It's all in good fun.

I think the regulars in here are so regular that we tend to poke at each other a little more at times.  Without question the next time I'm in NYC I'm hunting him down to buy him lunch/dinner.  

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » 2016 - WTF Rss Feed  

of 2