General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New tri bike and fit questios Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-03-19 9:31 PM

Subject: New tri bike and fit questios
After years of using road bike for races saved up for tri bike. From looks and reading have decided to go with either Felt or Cervelo or QR.

Probably B14 ultegra vs P2 105 vs Lucero ultegra....if I can stretch it A B2 ( ultegra Di2) vs P3 vs CD 01 ultegra). Any opinions?

Yes, go with the one that fits best. Unfortunately no local dealer has all three brands and not sure how to get fit by a particular shop without introducing bias of the particular brand they carry. Do you get one of the several hundred dollar fits in fancy machines like Guru or refuel first or as one shop said make the decision to buy one of several brands we have and we'll see which fits best. There is clearly a lot of guesswork in this process.

2016-03-19 10:53 PM
in reply to: gzh6464

User image

Subject: RE: New tri bike and fit questios
I can't tell you which one technically is right for you, just my experience. After looking for a couple years when I finally made the decision I took my own measurements and figured Felt B14 or a P2 was the best fit. There's a local shop that I trust which carries felt and cervelo. I went and they set up both so I was lucky enough to test each. I went with the P2 and got fit with RETUL. They didn't have a fit bike at the time. Two years later when I was back for an adjustment they had a fit bike which I definitely would have paid for intially just to take some guess work out. I've been happy with the cervelo. It just would've made it easier for me. P2 and P3 are close enough I didn't want to go with the P3. I had been looking at bikes for awhile. I went in wanting the Felt. For no other reasons then I like Felts and I liked the look of the bike. One of the things I had weighed was from looking Cervelos they seem to resell a lot quicker. Even though I've been racing for a few years in the back of my mind I wanted to be able to get rid of it if need be. The only thing I regret was not pulling the trigger on an older P2 I like. I think it's the '10, red and white. From what I know or remember The B14 and P2 are similar so one or the other should be able to work for you if they fit. No idea which one would be optimal. Good luck with the new bike.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New tri bike and fit questios Rss Feed