General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Help in College Station Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-03-31 10:59 PM

Subject: Swim Help in College Station
My girlfriend and I are both training for our first race in quite awhile, and we could both use some help on the swim.

I can swim for days, but it's very slow and inefficient and would love some help picking up the pace and getting the most out of my efforts. She is very new to the water and needs help building her stroke from the ground up.

Haven't had any luck finding a coach with any experience in multi-sport so I thought I'd go for broke and see if anybody on here knew of a good coach, or even just a strong swimmer in the area.

Thanks in advance!

2016-04-05 2:42 PM
in reply to: Fat2FitAggie

User image

Katy, Texas
Subject: RE: Swim Help in College Station
Originally posted by Fat2FitAggie

My girlfriend and I are both training for our first race in quite awhile, and we could both use some help on the swim.

I can swim for days, but it's very slow and inefficient and would love some help picking up the pace and getting the most out of my efforts. She is very new to the water and needs help building her stroke from the ground up.

Haven't had any luck finding a coach with any experience in multi-sport so I thought I'd go for broke and see if anybody on here knew of a good coach, or even just a strong swimmer in the area.

Thanks in advance!

If I was close, I'd be happy to help. I'm in Houston though.

I wouldn't worry about a coach or instructor having triathlon specific experience. Triathletes are notoriously slow swimmers anyway. I think a lot of health clubs offer lessons. I belong to LIfetime Fitness and they have instructors for everything from beginning up to advanced.

You could also find a local masters group with a coach and they could help you refine your stroke.

Or you guys could take videos of each other and post them on here, Lots of knowledgeable folks that would be more than willing to help.
2016-04-06 12:51 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Tyler,
Subject: RE: Swim Help in College Station

Originally posted by Fat2FitAggie My girlfriend and I are both training for our first race in quite awhile, and we could both use some help on the swim. I can swim for days, but it's very slow and inefficient and would love some help picking up the pace and getting the most out of my efforts. She is very new to the water and needs help building her stroke from the ground up. Haven't had any luck finding a coach with any experience in multi-sport so I thought I'd go for broke and see if anybody on here knew of a good coach, or even just a strong swimmer in the area. Thanks in advance!

Email me at [email protected] I can connect you to Garrett Mayeaux from Texas A&M. He's a front pack swimmer. I'm sure he'll be glad to help. 

Edited by triritter 2016-04-06 12:54 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Help in College Station Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Bryan College Station Brazos Valley Triathletes

Started by jdiis
Views: 1545 Posts: 1

2011-02-15 10:23 AM jdiis

OWS in the College Station area?

Started by Fat2FitAggie
Views: 1417 Posts: 5

2010-07-30 1:41 PM Fat2FitAggie

College Station Training Partners

Started by Fat2FitAggie
Views: 1664 Posts: 7

2010-07-12 9:18 AM SLOWTEX

College Station Bike Routes

Started by bskyllin
Views: 2514 Posts: 2

2010-06-11 11:13 AM bobbyj

Pools in Bryan College Station

Started by bgallier
Views: 1151 Posts: 6

2008-06-08 1:26 AM fendermh1027
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 22, 2011
author : writingrunner
comments : 1
Where to find the time WITHOUT getting up early

date : August 29, 2011
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
If swim workouts are much more trying than your bike and run workouts, try these tips
date : May 6, 2011
author : garyhallsr
Being comfortable in the water and knowing where your body parts are trump power and strength any day

date : March 7, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on hand entry, common triathlete training mistakes, the best swim drills, useful swim tools and flip turn help.
date : June 5, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 8
When I swim I struggle to get a full breath and consequently run down faster. I spend part of my training on the side of the pool gasping for air.

date : November 14, 2004
author : Andrea
I'm on the other side of the college-student desk. I'm the one with the red pen in my hand. Those of us with schedules that change from day to day actually have an advantage, I think.
date : September 10, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
Your help is needed to keep BT the best of the best.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Out of this frustration, the first annual Denver Community College Triathlon was born. It was open to all employees of the campus, with a 30 dollar entrance fee for the campus scholarship fund.