General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Back at it again?? Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-04-24 8:28 PM

User image

Regular
, Oklahoma
Subject: Back at it again??
Hello everyone - I haven't done a triathlon since 2009, but did quite a few sprint distances and a couple of Olympics and all the distances for a HIM separately, but never put them together, before life got in the way. I have continued to be physically active, some spinning classes and did some running, including 10Ks and a half marathon since then. I have been able to make time to w/o pretty consistently, and since I like to have goal, I think I am going to try for a couple of sprint triathlons this year.

The key is going to be finding time to get out and on the road with work and swim since I am on call about 25 days a month and have to be able to respond within 20 minutes (and I live 10 minutes out). Luckily I do have a treadmill and a trainer to just get miles in, and swimming is easy and almost mediation for me. Twice this weekend when not on call I did a 1000m swim with no issues and also did a 4 mile run (very slowly with dog ) while bike is in getting a tune up. Will see if this can happen, it will all be logistics as I can easily do the distances for the local tri in August.

2016-05-10 9:24 AM
in reply to: btchance

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Back at it again??

Sounds like you are doing a good job with your training despite the challenge of being on call.  Keep up the good work and there's no doubt you'll be ready for your race in August!

2016-05-10 10:19 AM
in reply to: btchance

User image

Subject: RE: Back at it again??
We are in the same boat in some ways. I did my last triathlon in 2009 before doing 2 in 2015. Life has gotten in the way of my triathlon plans in 2016, so I am refocusing and working towards 2017 (surprisingly, Afghanistan does not have any ironmans....who would have thunk ?)

Good luck and welcome back!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Back at it again?? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Back at it again

Started by pens66
Views: 580 Posts: 2

2013-01-10 7:42 AM TriAya

Back in action...again...

Started by Mottyl
Views: 556 Posts: 4

2006-06-26 10:48 PM shawn barr

Back at it again....

Started by Zilla
Views: 843 Posts: 10

2006-01-24 9:10 PM betsybromley

Back again.....

Started by Bigpikle
Views: 657 Posts: 5

2005-06-26 9:20 AM cadreamer

Back Again

Started by PhilW
Views: 680 Posts: 4

2005-04-08 10:41 PM rkreuser
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 30, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 4
Fast forward to now after many triathlons and marathons, my back is worse than ever. What helps lumbar back issues? Shots, physical therapy, surgery?

date : December 14, 2011
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?
date : December 14, 2011
comments : 0
After surgery for a herniated disc, is running causing a repeat injury?

date : January 28, 2010
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on doing Ironman Wisconsin on a road bike and a training plan for back-to-back centuries.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
Video of the kicking on your back swim drill.

date : December 15, 2008
author : FitWerx
My back wheel needs to be trued up. It has a slight side-to-side wobble, and I feel at times like I'm going to lose control when I ride. Is this something that I should only trust to my LBS to do?
date : September 15, 2008
author : lcthomas74
Soon after I got married, I decided I needed to get motivated to work out and focus on getting back into shape. I could barely jog a quarter-mile without needing a walk break.

date : March 22, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on running muscle imbalance correction, water running, overdistance training, back-to-back Olys, maintenance plans and speed and common age-grouper mistakes.