in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Election 2016
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by Left Brain

I'm actually enjoying the hell out of Trump so far......is there anyone who thinks this is going to be business as usual?  It's good for some companies to wonder if they can keep raping the federal govt. for our tax dollars......this is going to be so much fun. 

Me too. And not because he is a republican....because he is a Maverick and doesn't seems to going with his instincts. Obama pushed a social agenda. I think Trump is going to focus on business.

It's almost like he's a successful business guy or something.

LOL

Why did it take us so long to realize that we should run a country like a company? You fail to perform, you're fired. Want a good education, take government out of the equation. Want to help the economy? Help businesses with lower taxes and fewer regulations.

2016-12-07 12:48 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Trump should hang up a big "Mission Accomplished" banner over the White House.

You guys are acting like he's already won the Super Bowl. He's still singing the National Anthem, and he hasn't even gotten to the tricky "And the rockets' red glare" part...
2016-12-07 12:57 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Trump should hang up a big "Mission Accomplished" banner over the White House.

You guys are acting like he's already won the Super Bowl. He's still singing the National Anthem, and he hasn't even gotten to the tricky "And the rockets' red glare" part...

"Trump had widened his victory margin over Clinton in Wisconsin by 146 votes, with 23 of the state’s 72 counties having finished their recounts as of Tuesday. In those counties, Trump gained 105 votes and Clinton dropped 41 votes. Trump defeated Clinton in Wisconsin by about 22,000 votes."

Wow, at this rate the recount effort is on track to accomplish ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! LOL

He accomplished the mission of getting himself elected POTUS....I say that speaks to his ability to get things done.

LB hates SP.....but she was able to get herself elected governor of Alaska...elected and reelected mayor of Wassail.

I know all the ugly girls hate the homecoming queen...I get that. LOL Just kidding.
2016-12-07 1:21 PM

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Trump should hang up a big "Mission Accomplished" banner over the White House. You guys are acting like he's already won the Super Bowl. He's still singing the National Anthem, and he hasn't even gotten to the tricky "And the rockets' red glare" part...

Must have gotten Aretha Franklin to sing it. 

2016-12-07 1:32 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Champion
Alabama
"The state of Michigan recount was just stopped, after the Michigan Court of Appeals agreed that Stein is not an “aggrieved candidate” and therefore the count must stop. This is because Stein received fewer than 1% of the vote, which made her statically irrelevant."

I've been saying this all along. I'm no lawyer but it failed to see how she had standing to challenge the vote. She got zero electoral votes.

Maybe we can chip in an get her a participation trophy.....
2016-12-07 1:41 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Trump should hang up a big "Mission Accomplished" banner over the White House. You guys are acting like he's already won the Super Bowl. He's still singing the National Anthem, and he hasn't even gotten to the tricky "And the rockets' red glare" part...

In all seriousness I think it's more about the contrast between him and Obama.  Obama very much came to Washington on a mission and he accomplished it very well, but once we all started seeing that it was more about government growth and not economic growth we got frustrated.

With Trump, he's equally on a mission, but his mission is to make life better for everyone through economic growth.  He's pro workers, he's pro business, he's simply pro-American.
He didn't really run on a "cut spending" platform so I'm giddy with excitement about his talk of government waste and cutting spending.

It is definitely premature to put up the "mission accomplished" banner, but so far he's 100% living up to the hype of the campaign as far as I'm concerned.

2016-12-07 1:58 PM

User image

Pro

JMK - just a friendly reminder......you all said he didn't stand a chance to get nominated, then you said he didn't have a chance to beat Clinton, and in the middle swore we were all delusional to even consider he had a chance, not to mention racist, homophobic, etc, etc etc......

If it's ok, I think I'll not take serious any ideas of what he may, or may not, be capable of accomplishing from anybody on the left.   Ya'll haven't been right about anything. LOL

2016-12-07 2:08 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

JMK - just a friendly reminder......you all said he didn't stand a chance to get nominated, then you said he didn't have a chance to beat Clinton, and in the middle swore we were all delusional to even consider he had a chance, not to mention racist, homophobic, etc, etc etc......

If it's ok, I think I'll not take serious any ideas of what he may, or may not, be capable of accomplishing from anybody on the left.   Ya'll haven't been right about anything. LOL

That, LB, is an abject lie. No other word for it. Straight up. A lie.

Once again, you seem to have me confused with a bunch of whiny millennials curled up under our desks and hoping it's all a bad dream. Honestly, for me personally, a Trump presidency will probably benefit me more than a Hillary presidency would have, so no tears have, or will be shed in the JMK household.

I NEVER once said he didn't have a chance. In fact, I said over, and over again that I didn't think he was going to win, and that the polls didn't look good, but never did I say that he had no chance. And, as far as the accusation that I called you or anyone else on this board a racist or a homophobe, that's just a stupid thing to say. You're better than that.
2016-12-07 2:22 PM

User image

Pro

That, LB, is an abject lie. No other word for it. Straight up. A lie. Once again, you seem to have me confused with a bunch of whiny millennials curled up under our desks and hoping it's all a bad dream. Honestly, for me personally, a Trump presidency will probably benefit me more than a Hillary presidency would have, so no tears have, or will be shed in the JMK household. I NEVER once said he didn't have a chance. In fact, I said over, and over again that I didn't think he was going to win, and that the polls didn't look good, but never did I say that he had no chance. And, as far as the accusation that I called you or anyone else on this board a racist or a homophobe, that's just a stupid thing to say. You're better than that.

Man, you folks certainly get your knickers bunched up quick these days. LOL  JMK....I clearly said "you all", you know, like Hillary called us all deplorable.....obviously I didn't mean you personally.  Look, I'm still having fun with this....if you remember, I said that if Trump won I was was going to pull the covers over my head and laugh hysterically.  Well, I'm still laughing.  Sometimes I'm laughing so hard it interferes with my sarcasm/belittling/name-calling guiding system and it just comes out all wrong.  I apologize if I offended you.......seriously.  And yes, you've drove down the middle of the road during this whole deal, as you said.  I think I have too, or at least tried to......but admittedly, my car is now off in a ditch after being blinded by tears of laughter......it may still take a few weeks to get it out.

2016-12-09 9:49 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

hahahaha

2016-12-09 9:54 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

btw, did you guys see the house in Michigan passed voter a tough voter ID law after they discovered massive voter fraud in detroit?
I'm not sure of the chances of it getting all the way through, but you have to be careful what you wish for.

Another interesting stat I saw yesterday.  Hillary is ahead in the popular vote by 2M nationally, but she won California (where anybody can vote without an ID) by 4M votes.  That means in the other 49 states she lost the popular vote by 2M votes.

2016-12-09 9:59 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

btw, did you guys see the house in Michigan passed voter a tough voter ID law after they discovered massive voter fraud in detroit?
I'm not sure of the chances of it getting all the way through, but you have to be careful what you wish for.

Another interesting stat I saw yesterday.  Hillary is ahead in the popular vote by 2M nationally, but she won California (where anybody can vote without an ID) by 4M votes.  That means in the other 49 states she lost the popular vote by 2M votes.

you can't just subtract one of the largest states because they voted the other way man...she won the popular vote, which doesn't matter, but c'mon just admit that.

2016-12-09 10:02 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by dmiller5

you can't just subtract one of the largest states because they voted the other way man...she won the popular vote, which doesn't matter, but c'mon just admit that.

I'm not denying it, I'm just showing an interesting stat.  California represents 12% of the total population, yet they voted 100% more for Hillary than the rest of the US combined?  They also just so happen to have set up a voting system that allows illegals to vote, but you don't see anything out of the ordinary?

2016-12-09 10:05 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

I'm not denying it, I'm just showing an interesting stat.  California represents 12% of the total population, yet they voted 100% more for Hillary than the rest of the US combined?  They also just so happen to have set up a voting system that allows illegals to vote, but you don't see anything out of the ordinary?

it also happens to be one of the most liberal places in the country....I can start on how the states with voter suppression laws all vote republican too.

2016-12-09 10:07 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

it also happens to be one of the most liberal places in the country....I can start on how the states with voter suppression laws all vote republican too.

Do you believe illegals can and did vote in CA, or do you believe the numbers are completely based on US citizens in CA being more liberal than places like NY and IL?

2016-12-09 10:11 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Hillary won the popular vote BECAUSE it doesn't matter!

How many Trump supporters in CA and NY stayed home and didn't bother to vote because they knew that their vote for Trump was meaningless? Now, if the popular vote mattered those Trump supporters would have voted. About 60 million people in CA and NY. Let's say 60% are liberal and 40% conservative.....that's 24 million potential Trump voters.

2016-12-09 10:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Rogillio Hillary won the popular vote BECAUSE it doesn't matter! How many Trump supporters in CA and NY stayed home and didn't bother to vote because they knew that their vote for Trump was meaningless? Now, if the popular vote mattered those Trump supporters would have voted. About 60 million people in CA and NY. Let's say 60% are liberal and 40% conservative.....that's 24 million potential Trump voters.

same in every state.  trust me, in Maryland tons of people stay home on both sides because everyone knows it will be a blue state, same in red states.  that's a poor argument.

2016-12-09 10:29 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio Hillary won the popular vote BECAUSE it doesn't matter! How many Trump supporters in CA and NY stayed home and didn't bother to vote because they knew that their vote for Trump was meaningless? Now, if the popular vote mattered those Trump supporters would have voted. About 60 million people in CA and NY. Let's say 60% are liberal and 40% conservative.....that's 24 million potential Trump voters.

same in every state.  trust me, in Maryland tons of people stay home on both sides because everyone knows it will be a blue state, same in red states.  that's a poor argument.

But there's only like 30 democrats in the state of Nebraska...  haha, just kidding

2016-12-09 10:30 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

But there's only like 30 democrats in the state of Nebraska...  haha, just kidding

I think we should do what Oregon does.  mail a ballot to every citizen and be done with it.

2016-12-09 10:49 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I think we should do what Oregon does.  mail a ballot to every citizen and be done with it.

I'm not a big fan of the mail ballots because I feel there's too many angles to cheat.  However, I feel it's really more about the registration itself than it is the ballot side.  For example how do they determine you're a citizen in order to get a ballot?
The hang up in CA I have is that anyone can register and they simply don't care.  One guy was posting pictures on reddit where he registered his dog, his cat, his bird, his turtle, etc. and even used the same legit address for all of them.  He received ballots for every one of them and could have easily voted multiple times.  I think we both can agree that basic controls should be in place to ensure blatant fraud isn't occurring with the intent of also not making it so cumbersome that it disenfranchises people who aren't going to go through a lot of hoops.

2016-12-09 11:26 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama

The argument is that the popular vote is meaningless! We have absolutely NO IDEA what the popular vote would be if we did not have the electoral system. Not only would there be a lot more people voting (presumably) but the campaigns would be run differently. Much of rual CA is conservative...same with upstate NY. Popular vote is completely meaningless.

2016-12-09 12:46 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

The argument is that the popular vote is meaningless! We have absolutely NO IDEA what the popular vote would be if we did not have the electoral system. Not only would there be a lot more people voting (presumably) but the campaigns would be run differently. Much of rual CA is conservative...same with upstate NY. Popular vote is completely meaningless.

Yep. It's like saying, "If we'd made that field goal in the first quarter, we'd have won by two instead of losing by one". When in reality, making the FG would have changed the way both teams played the rest of the way, which would have changed the outcome altogether.
2016-12-09 2:34 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Yep. It's like saying, "If we'd made that field goal in the first quarter, we'd have won by two instead of losing by one". When in reality, making the FG would have changed the way both teams played the rest of the way, which would have changed the outcome altogether.

Exactly. I like the analogy.

2016-12-10 5:21 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Dammit, Sarah--you were supposed to have been watching Russia! You had one job...
2016-12-10 9:20 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Dammit, Sarah--you were supposed to have been watching Russia! You had one job...

She's been spending too much time in St Louis messing around with LB.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Election 2016 Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: Election 2016

Started by ChineseDemocracy
Views: 1186 Posts: 6

2016-03-13 7:08 PM HaydenHunter

2016 - WTF Pages: 1 2

Started by Renee
Views: 2690 Posts: 30

2016-02-23 8:09 PM Left Brain

Got my 2016 insurance rates today

Started by Dutchcrush
Views: 1279 Posts: 15

2015-12-19 9:17 AM mdg2003

Election 2014 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by tuwood
Views: 6151 Posts: 73

2015-01-21 9:41 AM Jackemy1

I figured out who I'm supporting for the 2016 election

Started by tuwood
Views: 1603 Posts: 5

2013-10-20 8:33 AM strykergt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 31, 2004
author : infosteward
comments : 0
Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.