General Discussion Triathlon Talk » A Tip from Emilio: Emilio's First Law of Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-05-12 2:42 PM

User image

Sunny San Diego
Subject: A Tip from Emilio: Emilio's First Law of Triathlon
This is the first of a series of weekly tips I will be posting throughout the spring and early summer on the De Soto Sport Facebook. Some will be new, some are old tips I wrote years ago that are still very relevant. The ones I repeat are ones that are cyclical and have found them to be worth bumping periodically. I hope most will be of benefit to most of you.

So many people have posted or written to me asking if "this idea" or "that item" would work for them in a race. While is this may be obvious to some, it is not to all. So here is my reply:

EMILIO’S FIRST LAW OF TRIATHLON: Never wear, use, or do anything in a race that you have not worn, used, or done repeatedly in training.
It is called training for a reason, you are not only physically and mentally preparing your body for the race, you are also preparing your bike, clothing, nutrition, and any other equipment, to perform as you expect. When the expectation is met, then on race day you are able to think about the race and not about the equipment.

I welcome your comments and questions.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » A Tip from Emilio: Emilio's First Law of Triathlon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

A TIP FROM EMILIO:  Swimming in Cold Water?  Try Emilio's Neoprene Swim Cap Sandwich

Started by Emilio
Views: 3353 Posts: 8

2012-06-06 11:10 AM Emilio

Emilio's Statement on WTC's recent ban of the T1 Water Rover starting Sept 1, 2010 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by Emilio
Views: 6250 Posts: 51

2010-04-23 3:44 PM trix

Emilio's Statement on WTC's recent ban of the T1 Water Rover

Started by Emilio
Views: 957 Posts: 2

2010-04-18 12:30 PM DanielG

Wetsuit tip from Emilio De soto

Started by Marvarnett
Views: 988 Posts: 2

2007-03-21 10:18 AM VanCityJ

A Wetsuit Tip from Emilio De Soto.

Started by Emilio
Views: 4226 Posts: 22

2012-05-06 8:25 AM joematt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 31, 2016
author : Meulen
comments : 2
Check off these items each week to reach your goals!

date : December 17, 2015
author : mikericci
comments : 0
How to train inside and not lose your mind or motivation.
date : September 16, 2014
author : funkj25
comments : 0
The open water swim can be one of the scariest or most fun parts of your race. Use these four tips to take a little fear out of the water and turn it into more of an enjoyable experience.

date : August 9, 2013
author : TeamMPI
comments : 2
There are so many small bits of knowledge that you will learn after racing your first, fifth and tenth triathlon that I can’t put it all down in one article. Therefore, I listed 10 tips to help.
date : September 27, 2012
author : davey m
comments : 3
Deciding on an Ironman as my first venture into triathlon was greeted with incredulity and astonishment combined with a hint of, "well, you're full of yourself aren't you?" and, "a bit ambitious?"

date : August 29, 2011
author : Ali Winslow
comments : 1
How to improve your bike split in a triathlon through careful planning and execution of your training schedule
date : January 3, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 8
I’m not going to sugar coat my experience and tell you that it was a piece of cake, but I am going to attempt to give you some advice and useful information that I wish I had before participating.

date : June 13, 2005
author : FishrCutB8
comments : 6
A little bit of everything from training, your equipment list, laying out a transition area and other pre-race preparations.