Elite Racing
72F / 22C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 42m 13s
Overall Rank = 899/16170
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 133/1098
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 5:30 had a bagel w/strawberry preserves and some water. Had some Carbo pro w/red Bull and water @ 6:15 and went to the race. Had a power bar strawberry/bannana gel when I got t the race. Took a leak, and moseyed around until it was time to get in my corral.
Event warmup:

I had stretched and run around the block before I left for the race. I did not stretch much more than I usually do and I did not feel tight at all during the race. I stretched a litte more, especially my left hip, which was a little sore from surfing on Saturday. Surf was good though so well worth it. My hip never bothered me during the race.
Run
  • 1h 42m 13s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 07m 48s  min/mile
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around the beach for a while, had a bannana and bagel, lots of water. Then I finally walked home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I just need to continue to train and build. I ran as good a race as I was trained for.

Event comments:

See you next year w/loftier goals!

Last updated: 2006-08-16 12:00 AM
Running
01:42:13 | 13.1 miles | 07m 48s  min/mile
Age Group: 133/1098
Overall: 899/16170
Performance: Good
1st mile was about 8:30 as I made my way through the people. I was a little discouraged until I did ablut a 7:15 on mile 2 and after that I fell into a grove that was perfect and comfortable until mile 9. That was when I began to feel that I was maybe falling off my pace a little. I had another gel and around mile 10 I felt better again. I had planned on kicking around 24th st., hut I decided to be smart and conserve my fading energy for the pier, which by the way never looked as small as it did when we turned the corner at 37th st. I had a great kick from the pier and came in under my goals of sub 1:45 and sub 8min miles.
Course: Flat and had great spectators. Plenty of PIRATES!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-09-06 10:12 AM

New user

Subject: Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon

2006-09-06 10:15 AM
in reply to: #532132

User image

Master
Athens, Ga.
Subject: RE: Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon
So you were one of those guys surfing Saturday?! We got some of the weirdest looks from them when we went out for the OWS. Excellent race Sunday.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon Rss Feed