General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM CDA vs WI Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-07-03 7:36 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: IM CDA vs WI
Did the half at CDA last week and really enjoyed the course even though I was definitely pushing my ability on the bike. I am now thinking maybe a hilly full isn't impossible. Considering IM WI since my wife would like to visit friends, or going back to CDA to try the full. Can anyone compare the courses/venues?

2016-07-04 11:44 AM
in reply to: weissjaz

Subject: RE: IM CDA vs WI
Don't know about IM Wisconsin but I did the half in Cd'A last weekend and have been a long time volunteer at the full Cd'A IM over the years. Yes, that bike course has some elevation gain, and you will have to do it 2X. The run is a longer course out the same direction you went last Sunday. That would include the hill by Bennett Bay, which is somewhat long and moderately steep. Look up the course map and elevation chart.

What you will see on the full IM at Coeur d'Alene is twice the amount of wonderful volunteers that you experienced on the half. It's a great race. Somewhat terrain challenged, but great.
2016-07-04 3:20 PM
in reply to: weissjaz

User image

I have done both.

IMHO Wisconsin is better.

I will give you my reasons for saying that.

Cheaper accommodations in WI. They bend you over in CdA.

I liked the mass swim start in WI vs the wave start in CdA.

I liked the bike course better in WI. Nice rolling hills. You are either going up or down. The steep section was like being in the Tour de France. Wall to wall people in costumes that split just as you pass by and chase after you. The climb up in CdA is nice, but once you reach the top the flat section is pretty boring.

The run in downtown Madison is amazing. The run through the University is amazing. Running through and around the football stadium was cool.

I have done IM Wisconsin, Whistler, Lake Tahoe, Coeur d'Alene and Muskoka. Whistler is first on my to do again list with Wisconsin second.

Hope this helps.
2016-07-07 8:57 PM
in reply to: DeVinci13

User image

Veteran
Thanks for the info. I think IM Wisconsin wins if I do full next year. I keep saying I am going to do a year of only halves, and then someone or something makes me change my mind.

I am guessing WI sells out quickly so I guess I better have my decision long before I get to this yea's IM AZ.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM CDA vs WI Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

IM Mont- Tremblant OR IM CDA?

Started by mtrunner6
Views: 1300 Posts: 10

2015-01-20 1:43 PM dmbfan4life20

IM AZ vs. IM WI

Started by Jedd325
Views: 1205 Posts: 8

2012-09-12 6:51 PM wiky

Multisports vs Mark Allen vs Bt vs others IM training

Started by timebaron
Views: 2448 Posts: 20

2008-04-10 3:49 PM timebaron

Wheel combos for IM CDA or IM LP

Started by Shermbelle
Views: 1050 Posts: 4

2007-12-29 10:00 AM MForger18

IM 70.3 FL Qualifiers for IM WI

Started by TriDDS
Views: 1066 Posts: 1

2006-10-17 7:29 AM TriDDS
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : August 17, 2007
author : IRONVIKING
comments : 0
Athletes were buzzing around, adding last minute things to their transition bags. The sidewalks and grassy areas are filled with spectators and cameras. Announcements were being made.
date : May 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
comments : 0
Discussions on periodization, tubular vs clinchers, swimming cadence, 650's vs 700's, plan priority, RAAM after double IM and swim training before race day.