BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2016 - Manatee à trois Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 86

2016-12-16 11:15 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2016 - Manatee à trois

Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by cdban66

For those that are unaware, we are back.

I missed all of you yesterday!

I was in and out of meetings all day but was surprised that I didn't have 65 BT emails.

it was kind of weird!

2016-12-16 11:45 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by StaceyK Yanit and I had a good race on the weekend. We didn't come last this year there were at least 4 people slower than us

I'm glad that you had fun and jealous that you got to see Yanti!

I am so over 2016 - I just want it to be finished now. A friend of mine died of Friday and it has really knocked me about, especially today for some reason. He was a wonderful man, a great mentor and it just frickin sucks!!!!

{{hugs}}

Aw Stace Face. Such a shyte year for loss mastiff-sized {MELON PRESS}

NyNy, trust me, you wouldn't be quite so jealous if you know what it's really like being around me. For one thing, I ran (waddled) BEHIND Stace Face and heckled her for most of the run. (and complained, and blamed, and howled)

And in her own words, "You really do need a babysitter, don't you?!"

2016-12-16 12:03 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

December 17-18
Mary S. - Chilly Cheeks duathlon #1

Disabled List:
Ann-Marie - hamstring tendonopathy

December 15 was McMatt's birthday

Is anyone else racing?

2016-12-16 12:12 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Racing Manatees!!!

December 17-18

Disabled List:

Is anyone else racing?

Have fun Mary!

I am doing the Farolito 5K again this year (on Saturday), if this stupid cold isn't kicking my azz too bad.

DS2 won't be here yet to do it with me , but I will get to see him

2016-12-16 12:15 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

December 17-18

Disabled List:

Is anyone else racing?

Have fun Mary!

I am doing the Farolito 5K again this year (on Saturday), if this stupid cold isn't kicking my azz too bad.

Go TJ!!!!

2016-12-16 12:57 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Racing Manatees!!!

December 17-18

Disabled List:

Is anyone else racing?

Have fun Mary!

Go TJ!!!!

GO TJ AND MARY!

Happy belated McMatt!

I'm currently coming to the end of my annual "DO NOTHING WEEK." It's not all fun and games though since DH is still getting up at 5:15....ergo so am I.

SO I used this 1 week out of the pool opportunity to get another tattoo. Don't tell my mother. She's horrified

(IMG_20161213_182430.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_20161213_182430.jpg (2898KB - 14 downloads)

2016-12-16 1:19 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!!!

December 17-18

Disabled List:

Is anyone else racing?

Go Mary and TJ!! 

Happy bleated birthday Matt!

Heal me  

2016-12-16 1:20 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Racing Manatees!!!

December 17-18

Disabled List:

Is anyone else racing?

Have fun Mary!

Go TJ!!!!

GO TJ AND MARY! Happy belated McMatt! I'm currently coming to the end of my annual "DO NOTHING WEEK." It's not all fun and games though since DH is still getting up at 5:15....ergo so am I. SO I used this 1 week out of the pool opportunity to get another tattoo. Don't tell my mother. She's horrified

I promise to keep your secret!

2016-12-16 2:56 PM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Racing Manatees!!!

December 17-18

Disabled List:

Is anyone else racing?

Have fun Mary!

Go TJ!!!!

Go racers!! have an awesome, fun time out there!!

2016-12-16 2:59 PM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

So, who else is a getting big 'hello' from winter this week?? We had snow already but it's turned cold and a little stormy. We had quite the lake-effect snow for about an hour and a half yesterday. Zero visibility and the snow coming in sideways. Anyway, it is Canada and it is technically almost winter but we're in for some more tonight! I guess the good side is a white christmas? 

I don't even want to hear from your Floridians (or you Karen in SE Asia)!

2016-12-16 3:16 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by juniperjen

So, who else is a getting big 'hello' from winter this week?? We had snow already but it's turned cold and a little stormy. We had quite the lake-effect snow for about an hour and a half yesterday. Zero visibility and the snow coming in sideways. Anyway, it is Canada and it is technically almost winter but we're in for some more tonight! I guess the good side is a white christmas? 

what, why not? We were down to 54* this morning!!

2016-12-16 3:44 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
You may be willing to hear from me in a few days. Headed to the airport in 15 minutes..... I got an e-mail from the master's swim group there saying today's practice was cancelled due to icy roads. Presume winter has arrived in Oregon as well. We usually don't get the extreme cold, but the combo of wet and below freezing can make for some really messy conditions sometimes. "I'm dreaming of a Christmas with Winter Mix...." doesn't quite get one in the spirit.
2016-12-16 4:00 PM

Master
Northern IL

Another snow storm is just starting here. Sunday will see an Arctic blast come through with the high still being below zero. Both running and skiing were fine today in 16 now that I'm really getting used to winter temps again, could stay out all day if I was in shape for it. Getting below zero is still something else though.

2016-12-16 7:52 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I ran as the sun was setting today and the temp dropped 10 degrees in that 35 minutes. 

It finally got out of the 70's when I finished, but just barely. #floridacold  

2016-12-16 8:29 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master

Goooo racers!  Happy Belated Matt.

We, here on the Wet Coast, have had 6+ inches of snow on the ground for over a week, with temps below freezing.  Very, very rare.  We are supposed to get another bunch on Saturday, but the warm, rainy weather is due back on Monday.  Lots of people hate it, but I would rather be cold than wet.  

I am on holidays until next year!  Woot woot!  Have a great weekend all.  

2016-12-16 8:40 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by amd723

Racing Manatees!!!

December 17-18

Disabled List:

Is anyone else racing?

Go Mary and TJ!! 

Happy bleated birthday Matt!

Heal me  

Race well, heal quickly and party it up!

2016-12-17 1:23 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
50 here in Tokyo Narita (well, outside--we got to stand around for a few minutes waiting for a shuttle bus) but the low is supposed to be 29 tonight. Yikes. I am watching sunset (just after 4--how can that be?) and realize I think I have seen sunshine and blue sky maybe three times since Australia in September. I wish I was joking--I'm not. Usually rainy season kind of tapers off in November and by December Saigon is pretty nice, albeit rather hot by North American standards between about 10 AM and 4 PM. But this year up to now it has just been endless weeks of super-humid, super-polluted murky yuck, with annoying daily drizzle that fails to clean the air or cool things off or do anything but increase the humidity even more.

Desperately need to get new running shoes and restock my Nuun stash. I was down to 3 1/2 tabs after the end of yesterday's trainer ride. That is the closest it has ever been. (For those who don't know, you can't buy electrolyte tabs or powder in Vietnam.I have to sit down and calculate how many tubes I need for months at a time, between journeys to the US or Singapore, buy them and bring them in, then ration carefully.) For the last three weeks I have been down only to Nuun Energy--the tabs with caffeine. I bought a "bargain pack" at Worlds and unlike in the US, all four tubes were the caffeinated kind. I hope I haven't been teaching too fast in the mornings!

Edited by Hot Runner 2016-12-17 1:24 AM
2016-12-17 8:10 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by Hot Runner 50 here in Tokyo Narita (well, outside--we got to stand around for a few minutes waiting for a shuttle bus) but the low is supposed to be 29 tonight. Yikes. I am watching sunset (just after 4--how can that be?) and realize I think I have seen sunshine and blue sky maybe three times since Australia in September. I wish I was joking--I'm not. Usually rainy season kind of tapers off in November and by December Saigon is pretty nice, albeit rather hot by North American standards between about 10 AM and 4 PM. But this year up to now it has just been endless weeks of super-humid, super-polluted murky yuck, with annoying daily drizzle that fails to clean the air or cool things off or do anything but increase the humidity even more. Desperately need to get new running shoes and restock my Nuun stash. I was down to 3 1/2 tabs after the end of yesterday's trainer ride. That is the closest it has ever been. (For those who don't know, you can't buy electrolyte tabs or powder in Vietnam.I have to sit down and calculate how many tubes I need for months at a time, between journeys to the US or Singapore, buy them and bring them in, then ration carefully.) For the last three weeks I have been down only to Nuun Energy--the tabs with caffeine. I bought a "bargain pack" at Worlds and unlike in the US, all four tubes were the caffeinated kind. I hope I haven't been teaching too fast in the mornings!

Bahaha ... you're actually a pretty fast talker. And tri-mover uh ... no, you don't look like a triathlete, you look like a PRO triathlete!

If there's ever anything you're down to emergency rations on, I can probably get it or something very much like it to Vietnam fast and cheap.

GO HAPPYSTONED!!!

GO TEEJ!!!

Randeetee ... noice, very noice btw yesterday was the first day I could wash my azz normally with normal soap and water. Just thought I'd share. (Stace Face this might make you happy too although for those who actually saw what my nethers looked like after IMWA ... I know nothing can make you unsee that!)

Here's a pic of Stace Face and I at the little tri we did the weekend after IMWA.

And, so ... this happened today. His name is Myu, after a beloved friend who died unjustly, and because that's what the damn thing kept yelling at me as I was trying to enter the airport to leave Bali ... (I did not leave Bali. I snatched that puzzy and my bags and headed right to the vet, now back at the Bali home with him for another week).

I don't think he's going to make it, he's that starved, but he's one very happy kitty in the meanwhile. As Horny Melon ... errr Ceilidh ... errr Robin once said to me of an erstwhile kitten, "He was warm, fed, loved, and not alone. That's all any of us could want at the end."

(124.myu.jpg)

(115.meStaceFace.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
124.myu.jpg (796KB - 11 downloads)
115.meStaceFace.jpg (784KB - 13 downloads)
2016-12-17 4:36 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Originally posted by StaceyK Yanit and I had a good race on the weekend. We didn't come last this year there were at least 4 people slower than us

I'm glad that you had fun and jealous that you got to see Yanti!

I am so over 2016 - I just want it to be finished now. A friend of mine died of Friday and it has really knocked me about, especially today for some reason. He was a wonderful man, a great mentor and it just frickin sucks!!!!

{{hugs}}

Aw Stace Face. Such a shyte year for loss mastiff-sized {MELON PRESS}

NyNy, trust me, you wouldn't be quite so jealous if you know what it's really like being around me. For one thing, I ran (waddled) BEHIND Stace Face and heckled her for most of the run. (and complained, and blamed, and howled)

And in her own words, "You really do need a babysitter, don't you?!"

See I don't remember saying that to you (but I think that I walked around most of last week in shell shock).
I do remember reminding you to use lube in that nasty chaffed area (no one wants to see the photo cause something's just can't be unseen). I do remember reminding you to take off your socks and to bring your cap and goggles to the beach, oh and to pick up the drink you paid for and that you needed your bag before you went to collect your stuff from transition.
But that was about it really.
2016-12-17 4:39 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Originally posted by Hot Runner 50 here in Tokyo Narita (well, outside--we got to stand around for a few minutes waiting for a shuttle bus) but the low is supposed to be 29 tonight. Yikes. I am watching sunset (just after 4--how can that be?) and realize I think I have seen sunshine and blue sky maybe three times since Australia in September. I wish I was joking--I'm not. Usually rainy season kind of tapers off in November and by December Saigon is pretty nice, albeit rather hot by North American standards between about 10 AM and 4 PM. But this year up to now it has just been endless weeks of super-humid, super-polluted murky yuck, with annoying daily drizzle that fails to clean the air or cool things off or do anything but increase the humidity even more. Desperately need to get new running shoes and restock my Nuun stash. I was down to 3 1/2 tabs after the end of yesterday's trainer ride. That is the closest it has ever been. (For those who don't know, you can't buy electrolyte tabs or powder in Vietnam.I have to sit down and calculate how many tubes I need for months at a time, between journeys to the US or Singapore, buy them and bring them in, then ration carefully.) For the last three weeks I have been down only to Nuun Energy--the tabs with caffeine. I bought a "bargain pack" at Worlds and unlike in the US, all four tubes were the caffeinated kind. I hope I haven't been teaching too fast in the mornings!

Bahaha ... you're actually a pretty fast talker. And tri-mover uh ... no, you don't look like a triathlete, you look like a PRO triathlete!

If there's ever anything you're down to emergency rations on, I can probably get it or something very much like it to Vietnam fast and cheap.

GO HAPPYSTONED!!!

GO TEEJ!!!

Randeetee ... noice, very noice btw yesterday was the first day I could wash my azz normally with normal soap and water. Just thought I'd share. (Stace Face this might make you happy too although for those who actually saw what my nethers looked like after IMWA ... I know nothing can make you unsee that!)

Here's a pic of Stace Face and I at the little tri we did the weekend after IMWA.

And, so ... this happened today. His name is Myu, after a beloved friend who died unjustly, and because that's what the damn thing kept yelling at me as I was trying to enter the airport to leave Bali ... (I did not leave Bali. I snatched that puzzy and my bags and headed right to the vet, now back at the Bali home with him for another week).

I don't think he's going to make it, he's that starved, but he's one very happy kitty in the meanwhile. As Horny Melon ... errr Ceilidh ... errr Robin once said to me of an erstwhile kitten, "He was warm, fed, loved, and not alone. That's all any of us could want at the end."

He looks to be in better condition than Smokey was when you rescued him.
2016-12-18 4:29 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois

Oh yes, we had freezing rain just in time for the Friday commute home. Too cold for salt to do much good, so they have stopped working our the streets. Feeling cabin fever setting in.

2016-12-18 4:32 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Expert
Illinois
Originally posted by Hot Runner

You may be willing to hear from me in a few days. Headed to the airport in 15 minutes..... I got an e-mail from the master's swim group there saying today's practice was cancelled due to icy roads. Presume winter has arrived in Oregon as well. We usually don't get the extreme cold, but the combo of wet and below freezing can make for some really messy conditions sometimes. "I'm dreaming of a Christmas with Winter Mix...." doesn't quite get one in the spirit.

Heard that Portland got hit with a very bad winter storm. Hope you arrived safely.
2016-12-18 11:05 AM
in reply to: abake

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Thanks all for the b-day wishes.  Was a nice one with the family (although I had a board meeting that day - fun!).

Got a Tacx Vortex!  Made my inaugural ride on Zwift yesterday.  Was a blast (now trying unsuccessfully to link to Strava, though).

Cold here, too.  Feels like 16 (actual 28), which is legit cold - especially for thin blooded southern types.  I'm actually loving it, as are the kids (although caroling was CANCELED tonight cuz it's too cold - whaaaaaa????).

Randee - nice ink!  

Matt

2016-12-18 2:30 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Thanks all for the b-day wishes.  Was a nice one with the family (although I had a board meeting that day - fun!).

Got a Tacx Vortex!  Made my inaugural ride on Zwift yesterday.  Was a blast (now trying unsuccessfully to link to Strava, though).

Cold here, too.  Feels like 16 (actual 28), which is legit cold - especially for thin blooded southern types.  I'm actually loving it, as are the kids (although caroling was CANCELED tonight cuz it's too cold - whaaaaaa????).

Randee - nice ink!  

Matt 

That sounds like it should be prime caroling weather as it's just cold enough for snow!

2016-12-18 5:48 PM
in reply to: #5193167

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas
Seriously.

I'd love a good snow here. Aside from the entertainment of watching locals think the end times are nigh, it's a Disney snow - makes the landscape white and melts the next morning.

No "snirt" 'round here.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2016 - Manatee à trois Rss Feed  

of 86

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.