General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie from Washington State Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-08-28 5:44 PM

Subject: Newbie from Washington State
Hello! I am totally new to triathlons but a good friend of mine talked me into joining him for an Iron Man triathlon in October 2017. Positive points are that I have got 14 months to get ready and I also have a pretty solid background in running having complete a number of full marathons and a few longer trail races. When it comes to swimming and cycling my qualifications include being able to swim from one side of a pool to the other without drowning and I have in my life gone cycling with my elementary age children with a bike I got from Target way back in the day. Let's just say I have no where to go but up in those areas. Looking forward to doing a lot of learning (just learned last week there was a difference between a road bike and a tri-bike - who knew) and hope to engage with some vastly more exterience triathletes on how to finish this thing in one piece...

2016-08-28 7:10 PM
in reply to: #5196980

Subject: RE: Newbie from Washington State
I guess I forgot to actually introduce myself my name. My name is Stephen and I am frim the Tri-Cities area of Washington State
2016-08-29 3:13 AM
in reply to: #5196984

Hi Stephen!!! I have joined this forum just one day before you so for the moment I cannot help you that much, but it is nice to meet people that are making similar plans...

Good luck for your tri!!!
2016-08-29 9:31 AM
in reply to: smazurkiewicz

Welcome Stephen. You will get plenty of experience riding in wind in the Tri Cities. I am up the road from you in the Coeur d'Alene area.

You should do the Cd'A Ironman or half Ironman some year. Fun events, great support and fans to cheer you on.
2016-08-30 5:55 PM
in reply to: #5196980

Thanks all! Good to be here. New or not, I am confident you know more than I do.

Yes, I am confident that I have a lot of bike rides in the wind coming up. At least I already know how horrible it is to run in the wind around here. Coeur d'Alene is absolutely lovely and I will totally have to look into coming over that way!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie from Washington State Rss Feed