in reply to: dtoce

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Subject: RE: Popsracer
Originally posted by dtoce

Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Huge thanks to Randee for sorting all of this.

I think I speak for many, especially those of us who knew him well, when I say I'm so saddened that I just don't have words for the grief I feel or the gratitude for his life.

One of my favorite memories is when he signed up for a women's race (he did this more than once!) and posted a pic of him doing yoga afterwards in a sea of women. I called him Nancypops after that .

Steve was an outstanding athlete who never rested on his laurels but tirelessly gave back to penguins, newcomers, general zombie-death-shufflers at the back.

Steve once shared a story of racing a 5K in the morning on a whim with his son, followed by a full day of beer drinking festivities. 3 things he loved dearly. From his even temperment to his zest for living a full life, he is missed.

Chris - this is one of my favorite memories of his, too, as well as the fun pic he took of he and his son enjoying the Oktoberfest (I think it was) festivities afterward.  I always admired his zest for life, love of trail running and his inclusion of family.  He always had a very grounded, reasonable outlook on things and was a great person to get to know, always offering sound advice on training or racing questions.

Randee - my bracelets arrived yesterday, thank you!

Cancer effing sucks.

Randee-
My bracelets arrived too! Thanks again!!

GREAT!

I'm doing a 12 mile trail run Sunday dedicated to Steve. Pics to follow.

2016-10-14 3:06 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Elite
Ontario

Very sad news - always appreciated his posts and even keeled approach on BT.

2016-10-16 2:10 PM

User image

Master
Bellevue, WA

Very sad.  I too appreciated discussions with Steve. I recall last year I was planning a marathon and he shared this story below. It's what made me choose the MDI marathon, and it was as unforgettable as he describes. I wish I'd had a chance to me him in person.

Originally posted by popsracer
Originally posted by brucemorgan
Originally posted by Moonrocket Not local to me, but I've been eyeing this marathon http://www.runmdi.orgI can attest it's a gorgeous place to visit.

Well now this is interesting.  A marathon in Maine!  I've always wanted to visit Maine and this would be a good excuse.  I grew up in Portland, OR so I've long had a desire to visit the "other" Portland.  Maine on October 18th would be really gorgeous, with the colors shown in the photos on the websites.

This is a race I've wanted to do for many years.  We've been to Acadia National Park several times and it is one of our favorite places to visit.  You will not find a more beautiful course.  And Bar Harbor is one of our favorite towns for just strolling through shops, eating and drinking.  It is a bit of a way to get there but you'll never forget it.  Last two times we were there we stayed in a small historic inn on the waterfront that was out of this world.  Can't go wrong with this one Bruce.  You are going to have a tough time making up your mind.

2016-11-01 3:05 PM
in reply to: brucemorgan

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
2016-11-01 3:23 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk FYI, Steve passed away 10/19 http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bellinghamherald/obituary.aspx?n=S...

Thanks for letting us know, Randee.

2016-11-01 5:01 PM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Veteran
South Windsor, CT
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk FYI, Steve passed away 10/19 http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bellinghamherald/obituary.aspx?n=S...

Thanks for letting us know, Randee.

yes, thanks for letting us know...I have a heavy heart now but will always smile when I think of him in good times

2016-11-01 6:13 PM

User image

Master
Los Angeles, CA

I will miss him alot.
2016-11-02 7:52 AM
in reply to: kloofyroland

User image

Expert
Tyrone, Georgia
We have lost a really good man.
2016-11-02 9:04 AM

User image

RIP and condolences to his family, friends. 

2016-11-02 10:45 AM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Seattle
This is heartbreaking. I've been struggling to find the right words since his last post. I've rewritten this 100 times and I guess I just don't have the words. You'll be missed, buddy. We're lucky to be struggling with this void.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Popsracer Rss Feed  

of 2