General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Indoor Bike Training DVDs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-12-26 9:38 AM

Subject: Indoor Bike Training DVDs
My husband bought me an indoor bike trainer for Christmas, but I'm wondering if there are any spinning/bike workout DVDs that you've used and can recommend? I've only got one sprint triathlon under my belt.

PS - I trained with a group outside previously but with me working full time and going to school I basically will need to do most of the training on my own. Not ideal, but hope to hit some group brick workouts this summer before the sprint triathlon I plan to do. In the meantime, I'm doing what I can and when I can even if it means 4:30 a.m. work outs. Eek!

Thanks!

2016-12-26 10:33 AM
in reply to: booniebonnie

User image

Regular
Tucson, AZ
Subject: RE: Indoor Bike Training DVDs
I have 5 Spinervals Virtual Reality Rides left. They are all Volume 3. Tucson Training rides with the workout done as if you are climbing Mount Lemmon and Gates pass. I would do $8 + 3 shipping if you were interested. I have never done this one, as I lived in Tucson before acquiring a large lot from Trisports, and frankly I have ridden both for real too many times to count.
2016-12-26 1:43 PM
in reply to: booniebonnie

User image

Extreme Veteran
Langley, BC, 'Wet Coast' Canada
There are many options for you, depending on how much you want to spend, and what you are looking to achieve. What type of trainer do you have?

You will see recommendations for Zwift, and for Trainer Road , online training programs that incur a small monthly fee of about $10. These are interactive, and utilize a computer and some other relatively inexpensive hardware.
Cycleops has a virtual training system, again with an ongoing cost.

There are tons of dvd- type programs, and then there are free options on youtube. For the latter, search for some videos by...ctx.
2016-12-26 5:21 PM
in reply to: #5208111

If you are looking for free I would second ctx videos on YouTube. I did get zwift a couple days ago though and am loving it.
2016-12-27 4:49 PM
in reply to: cawalter

Thanks everyone! I have a pretty basic fluid trainer since I'm no speed demon. The budget one recommended by DC Rainmaker from Performance. I was looking for something that would prep me for hills and basic conditioning. Let me noodle around on Zwift to see if that would work for my situation.

Again, many thanks for some direction!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Indoor Bike Training DVDs Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

indoor biking for ironman training

Started by queasy
Views: 1325 Posts: 7

2008-07-05 1:03 PM kimje

Indoor bike training

Started by PS069979
Views: 1036 Posts: 8

2007-10-31 3:54 PM Steve-

Indoor Bike Training?'s

Started by krissyfer
Views: 842 Posts: 6

2006-12-29 7:00 PM southwestmba

Indoor bike training (First tri)

Started by nicolegoldin
Views: 619 Posts: 5

2006-01-26 10:18 PM nicolegoldin

indoor bike training?

Started by dav222
Views: 1871 Posts: 13

2013-02-10 8:48 AM jsnowash
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 1, 2016
author : Endorphin Hub
comments : 0
Should you continue to train outdoors during the winter time?

date : January 30, 2016
author : Team BT
Keeping your bike from being damaged on the trainer
date : December 17, 2015
author : mikericci
How to train inside and not lose your mind or motivation.

date : January 20, 2009
author : jasongootman
In this second part, we discuss indoor, outdoor and ramp functional threshold tests to determine your power training zones. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.
date : December 28, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 1
Tired of your bike trainer already? Here are two indoor bike trainer workouts that you can use to keep things interesting while keeping your cycling fitness up.

date : April 1, 2008
author : trvw
The challenge? The accomplishment? I want to do this because it is an opportunity to live life. The event is an indoor sprint triathlon. I get to experience the challenge on a safer scale.
date : March 22, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on indoor bike workouts, IM fueling, coke or broth, bikes and swimming exercises.

date : September 1, 2004
author : TriSports.com
As the Holiday season approaches and temperatures steadily drop, triathletes become faced with a difficult decision, to ride or not to ride.